Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE], when are you going to give up and make boosters into a manually activated item?

Xekrin

I realize we have no items currently that require activation outside of missions so it'd require some functions that currently aren't available but with all the trouble boosters seem to cause (sorties rewards, constantly having to write scripts to refund this or that) isn't it worth it in the end?

Not to mention the annoyance people feel when they log on just for 5 minutes, get a daily reward booster and had no intention of playing at the moment and waste the entire thing.

It seems like any time we have some event or other situation that relates in any way to boosters there is inevitably a problem that follows.

DE, I think its time you let us decide when we use the boosters we attain via purchase, gifts, rewards or otherwise.

This isn't a bad idea at all.

I have had multiple wasted boosters and while the intent is to get people to pay plat there is a point where in particular if I purchase 2 lots of say the 7 day booster for affinity I want to use one upfront but then have the spare on those occasions when I need it but dont have the plat or cash on hand to get it.

I dont forsee any serious difficulty with this but as I am not a dev I cant say. One can hope though right?

3 minutes ago, Cephalon_Ordis said:

i feel like the fairest thing to do would be to simply make the timer only decay while mid-mission.

This would make things like the prime access 90 day one last a year pretty much.

They would lose money so this is most likely never going to be even considered by them. I hated the current system at first but it makes sense. I don't mind it. I'm happy that they met us half way and are selling 30 day boosters at a discount now. If you can afford them, they are the best deal.

Edited by Coaa

8 minutes ago, Cephalon_Ordis said:

i feel like the fairest thing to do would be to simply make the timer only decay while mid-mission.

Someone gets the short end of the stick no matter what you do with this.

• If you make the timer only run when in a mission:
    • If you keep the duration and price as they are, DE loses a lot of sales.
    • If you decrease the duration or increase the price, active players lose out.
  • If you make the timer run continuously, less-active players lose out.

The fairest solution really is the ability to activate the booster manually (give the option of "claim" or "claim and activate" and have a method of activating the booster from the menu), but I can imagine the menu option of activating boosters would require non-negligible development to implement.

30 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I realize we have no items currently that require activation outside of missions so it'd require some functions that currently aren't available but with all the trouble boosters seem to cause (sorties rewards, constantly having to write scripts to refund this or that) isn't it worth it in the end?

Not to mention the annoyance people feel when they log on just for 5 minutes, get a daily reward booster and had no intention of playing at the moment and waste the entire thing.

It seems like any time we have some event or other situation that relates in any way to boosters there is inevitably a problem that follows.

DE, I think its time you let us decide when we use the boosters we attain via purchase, gifts, rewards or otherwise.

Soul Punched from General Discussion to Feedback]General.

Tenno, please...

the problem with this post you're telling a company to make one of the top selling things last 2-3x longer which in the end just shoots players in the foot anyway less people buying boosters means more plat in circulation more plat means higher prices, and means DE getting less to pay for design over-heads, its a good idea in theory if it wasn't a F2P game that needs people buying things. 

BUT! I do agree with the claim without activation thing with the daily tribute since often you log in with just intention to get daily and play later on that day, after the 3 hour booster runs out. 

Edited by Icarican_Justicar

Getting booster as a log in reward or during a mission.   Thing is, you were just logging in and leaving for the daily, no time to play.   Or were at the end of the mission and done for the day, not planning on playing more.  It would be nice to be able to start those small time boosters manually.   Longer boosters, 3 day and up I have no issue with as they are.    Making short term, or any booster for that matter,  start AND stop manually by the player is a bad idea for the game.

3 minutes ago, Shalath said:

Make login reward boosters manually activate-able and expire after a couple of days. Leave purchased boosters as they are.

I agree with this idea but they should expire on reset.  You wouldn't have had the booster if you didn't long in that day, so no reason you should be able to use it 2 days later or a week later.  It is a free booster after all, at least then people who long in and leave but come back that day can use it.  If they didn't expire, I'd just stock pile them until a double whatever weekend

12 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I agree with this idea but they should expire on reset.  You wouldn't have had the booster if you didn't long in that day, so no reason you should be able to use it 2 days later or a week later.  It is a free booster after all, at least then people who long in and leave but come back that day can use it.  If they didn't expire, I'd just stock pile them until a double whatever weekend

Nah, they should last a week from when they are acquired so people can use them on their "weekend."