The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

trading taxes are giving me cancer

Matt_328

Taxes really REALLY hurt the trading system, why do I have to pay 1,000,000 credits to sell a single primed mod? I could have a lot of platinum right now, but most of buyers don't have the credits, so I end up aborting the trades. You either remove the taxes, or at least make them more reasonable, like 100k. Thanks.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if they don't have the credits, that's their fault, not yours or DE's. it's not like Credit farming is hard to do.

It's quite time consuming though and then you use all that time you spend on grinding just to be able to trade a mod >.>

1 minute ago, Zivilfer said:

It's quite time consuming though and then you use all that time you spend on grinding just to be able to trade a mod >.>

anyone wishing to buy a Prime Mod should know in advance what they are getting into with the Taxes, and since the Primed Mods were meant to be targeted at veteran players, you could argue that those who don't have enough credits perhaps aren't ready. yes, it takes some time, but that's how this game works. either that or they could spend platinum on those Credit Bundles in the Market. as always, they can choose the long and cheap route, or the quick and costly route.

13 minutes ago, mnb328 said:

Taxes really REALLY hurt the trading system, why do I have to pay 1,000,000 credits to sell a single primed mod? I could have a lot of platinum right now, but most of buyers don't have the credits, so I end up aborting the trades. You either remove the taxes, or at least make them more reasonable, like 100k. Thanks.

I have that problem too, I don't have enough money to trade the primed mods, but I really want to use them. I hope that the DE will remove the taxes or just reduce it.

4 minutes ago, Zivilfer said:

Hey, if you want the power you gotta pay the price. It's easy with the farming spots and frames like Nekros, Hydroid and the Secura Lecta.

The opinion doesn't really have a good standing if the only motivation is trying to turn a profit...

The tax's probably there to prevent low play time accounts from trading valuables as well as removing credits from the economy. If the barrier of entry for trading Primed mods is low, then it's not outside of expectation that they'll buy there way to a higher powerband.

Besides, if someone can't drop 1m credit, which isn't much for players at the stage which they become essential, they should probably prioritize on something else anyway. I mean, the only rank 10 mod people need on a rifle is Serration....

Edited by AlphaSierraMike
Wrote under the assumption of the seller playing the tax. Oops.

5 minutes ago, kim135 said:

I have that problem too, I don't have enough money to trade the primed mods, but I really want to use them. I hope that the DE will remove the taxes or just reduce it.

So farm up some junk prime parts for ducats and buy them from Baro, trading isn't the only way to get primed mods.

1 minute ago, Ex09 said:

Primed mods are twice the effect of the normal mod, right? Just like how Rivens mods can, depending on the roll. It just made think why Riven mods aren't considered Legendary and should cost 1mil tax as well. But then I thought, Riven mods are TWW bound and is RNG.

So my point is, just ignore. Sorry. xD

I think it's more that riven mods are tied to one specific weapon, so they are much less powerful overall than primed mods.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I know, that's my point, you don't need to pay 1 mil in taxes to sell a primed mod as the OP stated, only to buy one.

1 hour ago, mnb328 said:

I could have a lot of platinum right now, but most of buyers don't have the credits, so I end up aborting the trades.