Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please nerf Mirage + Simulor?

(XBOX)Oussii

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That doesn't even make sense.

Well, it is more the responses to the OP rather than the OP itself.

The community can't handle nerfs, and I can promise Damage 3.0 would be a nerf to running around the star chart with S. Simulors.

I don't have problem with Synoid+ mirage damage. Hell i was glad in today sorties, when this "thing" keep clearing room for us, due to stupid spawn rate of enemies. Yes, there is certain point, where god complex can ruin the fun, but what needs to be done is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD reduce that visual clutter. Not only it causing my FPS to drop like rock thrown in to riven, it actually make me dizzy and causing painful headaches. Especially the one D.I.C.K.heads, (Yes, if you are doing this, you are living piece of S#&$) who use it with purple/neon green/blue combination or similar S#&$. I think this must be changed even as a prevention against epileptic seizures, because i bet this thing can cause an episode really fast.

Edited by JustSneaky

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

SImulor needs a rework though, and legitimate one, not what they did to Ash.

Let's not bring Ash into this...

IMO, Simulor is a perfect candidate for a CC weapon (stuns, procs, but meh damage). The problem is that a CC weapon would be sh!t in Warframe's current state. Hopefully a Damage 3.0 could make room for CC weapons, but at this point it is all about DPS. A "rework" to S. Simulor would be an objective nerf, no way around it.

I also find it pretty funny how when Simulor came out everyone agreed it was S#&$... Then S. Simulor happened.

Just now, DrBorris said:

Let's not bring Ash into this...

IMO, Simulor is a perfect candidate for a CC weapon (stuns, procs, but meh damage). The problem is that a CC weapon would be sh!t in Warframe's current state. Hopefully a Damage 3.0 could make room for CC weapons, but at this point it is all about DPS. A "rework" to S. Simulor would be an objective nerf, no way around it.

I also find it pretty funny how when Simulor came out everyone agreed it was S#&$... Then S. Simulor happened.

Why not give it good damage, CC, but a limit on the number of active orbs and a charge time for each orb?

Oh boy, this thread is pure gold. Last time I saw salt mine of that magnitude was in one of old "nerf valkyr" threads, ash ones didn't even come close to it.

Regardless, here I am. I barely ever use anything other than mirage with simulor in sorties. And ofc, I do run public matchmaking every time (unless mission is rescue/spy or sth else that's best dealt with solo, then I bring another cheeze dukes like loki and limbo).

Why I risk going in and "ruining fun" of other players?
focus. more people means more enemies spawn which translates to more focus, and since draco is gone I failed to find acceptable spot to even bother trying when I feel like it.

It's also easiest way of dealing with sorties. I'm not a tryhard, I don't need to prove anything to me or anyone else. I spent enough time on this game to not care much about gameplay anymore, I just want my pretty junk I don't need or even want. With riven circus being in play, grabbing them from sorties and hoping for good one is easiest revenue of plat.

Simple as that, I want my payout, I don't play sorties for challenge. Or even fun in most cases tbh. 

And as suprising as it may sound to some people in this thread I never saw anyone complaining about me bringing mirage to mission.(exept that one time when I forgot to change to solo mode when running some low level alert... boy, that was one salty tenno)

But big woop, most people I know of play for reward, not for glory of beating mission while gimping themselves.

And when this combo will get nerfed... And it will, my simulor butchers everything with 7 mods equipped and one of them is as low as rank 1, I'll proceed to use next thing that'll allow me to deal with that pesky content with as little effort as possible. And make no mistake, there always will be next op broken thing out there.
And this'll make any difference only to people who genuinely enjoy playing mirage in her current state for reasons other than simulor.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

That's why my suggestion is usually just to drastically reduce the explosion radius. It will fix most of those issues. I never really cared how much damage it actually does, it's that it does it with no effort against the whole room at once. If they tighten up the blast radius they'll actually require effort to get things done since it'll require more movement and aiming, while still doing good damage.

While the Simulor does have the biggest blast radius in the game, it's not able to be increased with Firestorm (unlike other explosive weapons) and it's still only 11m, which isn't big enough to clear a room unless that room is really small.

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Why not give it good damage, CC, but a limit on the number of active orbs and a charge time for each orb?

Yeah and whats the purpose of the alternate fire mode in the simulor? Detonate them...

everyone complains about the excessive amount of orbs...look here this is WARFRAME. Everything in this game is VISUALLY CHAOTIC. Especially in the late game it doesnt just have to be a million orbs visually inparing vision but actual abilities from other frames with crazy amount of particles. 

For example Telos Boltace particles when u do spin atks with marcos

On 04/12/2016 at 8:04 AM, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Bladestorm wasn't really a spammable ability/feature either, just a Press 4 and Wait ability. Only reason it got changed was to make it a bit more active. Still deals the same damage now, but instead of an instant target acquisition on button press, you have to scan for targets.

Let's be honest I saw a lot of ppl on YouTube (why? Because we console peasants didn't get it till now) talking about the ash rework and how to use it the most efficient way possible. 

So now you press 4 keep shaking your mouse in a seizure like way like having a epileptic moment and then press 4 again xD 

And please don't get me wrong but you at least have a mouse to do so I don't know how we console player we be dealing with it. 

You've suggested nerfing one of the games biggest crutches... How dare you.

Mirage, alongside Ash (pre-bladestorm nerf) are/were two of this games most mindless, button mashing frames by some distance. It does make me laugh when people say "But mah playstyleee is da style of da button mash brah, who is you to say how meh play dah game innit!"... Mirage+Simulor has zero playstyle beyond bashing the 1 key and roflcoptering around the map, like some mindless sociopath having an epileptic seizure. 

I find it funny when people say "Oh stop complaining about my Mirage + Simulor, go play solo."  Because they technically are already playing solo (The ones who play using Mirage + Simulor).  Your team-mates become your towel boys at best.  You don't need them, so why don't people who play using the Mirage + Simulor combo go play by themselves then?  They'd have less people complaining.

sure, DE can nerf it.. after we get to see nullifiers removed, the Tech's damage reduced, the radius on Sapping Ospreys reduced, and a ne4rf to the Scorch. balance requires a certain give and take, and it's been pretty much all taking on DE's part. until tweaks are made at the other end, there should be no tweaks to our end.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sure, DE can nerf it.. after we get to see nullifiers removed, the Tech's damage reduced, the radius on Sapping Ospreys reduced, and a ne4rf to the Scorch. balance requires a certain give and take, and it's been pretty much all taking on DE's part. until tweaks are made at the other end, there should be no tweaks to our end.

Our end IS their end genius. 

Its their game to balance. We just get to play it. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Exactly. 

Through our testing we have discovered this exploit. 

Now they need to fix it 

An exploit is when game mechanics are used in creative ways to achieve unintended outcomes.

While Mirage + Simulor may be more powerful than the devs anticipated, the ability is being used as intended.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

An exploit is when game mechanics are used in creative ways to achieve unintended outcomes.

While Mirage + Simulor may be more powerful than the devs anticipated, the ability is being used as intended.

You seriously think walking around and pressing a single button to annihilate everything in seconds and trivializing content is what they intended? 

Seriously? lol 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

You seriously think walking around and pressing a single button to annihilate everything in seconds and trivializing content is what they intended? 

Seriously? lol 

The power/scale of the combination may not have been anticipated (as I already stated), but using Hall of Mirrors to fire multiple copies of your weapon simultaneously is absolutely the intended behaviour, it's the whole point of that ability.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

The power/scale of the combination may not have been anticipated (as I already stated), but using Hall of Mirrors to fire multiple copies of your weapon simultaneously is absolutely the intended behaviour, it's the whole point of that ability.

Yes but they never intended it to be this strong. 

Which is why its going to be adjusted.