Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please nerf Mirage + Simulor?

(XBOX)Oussii

22 hours ago, schilds said:

I hope they fix Mirage, she needs a rework. It's not (just) about S. Simulor. There are lots of things that outdamage Mirage.

The problem is her gameplay is uninteresting at the moment. You hit 1 and 3 (both essentially used as straight buffs to damage) then you run around smacking things. Who uses 2? Nobody uses 4 anymore. She's a one trick pony. As annoying as it is for the rest of the squad - and I find the images getting in the way all the time far more annoying than simulor spam - she's not that fun for the Mirage player either, after a couple of runs you get bored when you realise she's a one trick pony with no variety in her gameplay.

Her current gameplay doesn't even fit her aesthetic as a trickster and illusionist.

Couldnt resist myself replying on your comment in particular while I was reading and passing on others. She is a great frame with ability synergy and good functionality. Players need skills to use tricky frames and if someone cant have the brains to use such a frame like saryn & her, then I'd say its their lacking. I use prism every time for the damage and final blind out, I use mirrors to revive squad mates and melee sortie level enemies, I frequently use booby traps when I'm farming meso and axi relics in IO & XINI which helps me to say for far more longer than usual having the most kills than mostly others and finally I use eclipse only when I'm need of a bit extra damage buff. I'm not speaking out for the whole player base here but the way you are talking like you are doing that and I'm here to break that out for ya. SHE IS NOT A ONE TRICK PONY, and btw simulor & tonkor is the least(/hated) used weapon in my inventory and I'm a MR-22 player.

On Topic: DE should make necessary adjustments specially to this clear out broken frame+weapon mechanic as they have done to mesa, saryn, ember, ash. No need ay nerfs if things can be done with little tweaks and I'm always against of major reworks and nerfs. Tweaking with mechanics can always benefit the actual gameplay. 1. Distribute the whole damage a single simulor can offer rather than the mirrors having separate damage keeping everything same, which will reduce room clearing rates at least, this way no other weapon will never be able to use the broken combo. 2.Others have already suggested for not allowing the mirror orbs to get merged together which may solve the problem for miramulor but may let another broken mechanic rise up.

No offense, but those who are suggesting to leave the squads or pugs, what about if I told you to leave this forum as its a public place for discussion and go make a private blog and keep saying whatever you wanna say. Warframe is co-op space horde killing ninja game where PUBLIC PARTICIPATION is its one of the natures so a when a weapon mechanic which interrupts such nature, how can you guys even tell someone to play solo or leave and even support such BROKEN mechanic?

Edited by AhmadIvu

10 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the DE cycle.

DE CYCLE

1. start
  2. nerf previously OP things
  3. introduce new things in an OP state
  4. leave them alone as long as they are selling well
  5. notice sales are starting to slow
  6. go to start

We see this repeatedly. amprex -> gamacor -> simulor, or penta -> tonkor, or kohm -> tigris prime, etc.

Nerfing frames and weapons only confirm what i have said from long time ago: DE and the devs they don't know what they are doing and they lack of vision.

I guess they should create an R&D dept in that company or a strategic planning.

anyways, it's just a game, the day i get fed up, i can always switch to another one as i did with other games before i switch to warframe.

Only diamonds last forever

10 hours ago, GhostlightX said:

Which we will never know....

It was an akkad mission, and everyone tried so hard to be honest and fair to the other players

I intentionally did that mission just to say that not only Ash BS can be considered as spamming, but any other combination

I have other screen shots with Loki/Telos boltor , Spova and kulstar... you name it, i have it

The fact is if everytime a player gets a good combination and gets more kills than others, we start hearing the nerf old broken record.

It should stop somewhere

Just now, Sintag said:

Where the hell is a Telos Boltace?  You need that!

I'm disappointed in your cheesiness.

I am not a melee person, but normally i prefer galatine prime/nikana prime except when i am using Banshee, i go for Dark Dagger (just for the energy proc)

1 minute ago, (PS4)SISATi_Ih_PICKA said:

Just out of curiosity how many hours have you played and been testing.  Mirage and simulor combo exploit<<<<<How that could be exploited 

I don't need to sit down with a calculator and a ruler after hours of playing to know that its  a game mechanic that is being exploited. 

Anyone that has EVER had a Mirage + Simulor in their group knows how utterly gamebreaking it is. 

9 hours ago, -SkyCleaver- said:

Simular was op...they nerfed it. Simular can normally always land "headshots" but now the vortexes dont anymore. Thats literally nerfed 1/3 of its dmg. 

And mirage is a glass cannon...she can make any wep nuke an entire room. 

"Any Weapon..."

Sorry, no.  Your argument doesn't hold up. Not like Sim-Spam Mirage. There is a reason this build is OVERWHELMINGLY used (or abused depending on viewpoint).

Nova is a glass cannon, has one of the strongest, most effective CCs in the game, and yet doesn't cripple the ability of fellow players to participate.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Just now, Tuxie said:

It's not, stop playing in Mercury.

I played on Akkad earlier and was unlucky enough to get a Mirage in my group. 

She stood on top of the boxes next to the objective and spammed for a solid 20 waves before we extracted. 

The other people in the squad including myself did not get a chance to do ANYTHING. The enemies were already dead or halfway there by the time we got anywhere near the enemies. 

For 20 waves this Mirage solo'd the entire defense mission and we couldn't do anything. 

That is gamebreaking. 

25 minutes ago, AhmadIvu said:

No offense, but those who are suggesting to leave the squads or pugs, what about if I told you to leave this forum as its a public place for discussion and go make a private blog and keep saying whatever you wanna say. Warframe is co-op space horde killing ninja game where PUBLIC PARTICIPATION is its one of the natures so a when a weapon mechanic which interrupts such nature, how can you guys even tell someone to play solo or leave and even support such BROKEN mechanic?

What are you talking about ?

A PUG is public space where everyone has an equal right to be there, I can do ANYTHING i want as long as Im not breaking any rules. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

From Google. 

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

So yes. Its an exploit. The designers of the game never intended Mirage to be able to spam a weapon this easily and this effectively. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

She stood on top of the boxes next to the objective and spammed for a solid 20 waves before we extracted. 

The other people in the squad including myself did not get a chance to do ANYTHING. The enemies were already dead or halfway there by the time we got anywhere near the enemies. 

For 20 waves this Mirage solo'd the entire defense mission and we couldn't do anything. 

That is gamebreaking. 

My Synoid Simulor melts level 100+ enemies ez no sweat

Not even using Mirage lol

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

That is gamebreaking. 

Maybe you're on a console so it's hard for you to aim or something, but I never have a problem getting kills despite having a simulor mirage on my team. It's not nearly as powerful as you claim it to be.

And besides, I normally just play to get the rewards, I welcome it when someone is doing all the work for me since I get more Focus XP. Why gimp yourself for some weird notion of "challenge"? Why not just queue up in a squad if you want that? Recruiting chat exists in consoles right? Use it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

From Google. 

So yes. Its an exploit. The designers of the game never intended Mirage to be able to spam a weapon this easily and this effectively. 

You keep saying "intended" this and "intended" that, how the hell do you know? Do you know how to read DE's minds? Are you clairvoyant?

1 minute ago, Tuxie said:

Maybe you're on a console so it's hard for you to aim or something, but I never have a problem getting kills despite having a simulor mirage on my team. It's not nearly as powerful as you claim it to be.

And besides, I normally just play to get the rewards, I welcome it when someone is doing all the work for me since I get more Focus XP. Why gimp yourself for some weird notion of "challenge"? Why not just queue up in a squad if you want that? Recruiting chat exists in consoles right? Use it.

I take solace in the fact that people like you are in the minority of the gaming community. 

Most people actually like to PLAY the game. 

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Simulor needs a modified charge mechanic, yes? No?

Maybe

The longer you charge, the bigger and darker my blackhole becomes.

I'm only using the weapon for cheesing through content. The Synoid Simulor got me 10k focus every 45 seconds in level 3 sortie. Idc if it's nerfed, I'll just use the next cheese weapon or move to my favorite gun when I get a Riven.

So many are denial of cheese? Don't you all love cheese?

2 minutes ago, Tuxie said:

You keep saying "intended" this and "intended" that, how the hell do you know? Do you know how to read DE's minds? Are you clairvoyant?

I am gonna bookmark this page. 

That way when they nerf this combination sometime in the next few updates I can point back to this comment and this thread and tell you I told you so. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

From Google. 

No, the players are using Hall of Mirrors in exactly the way intended by the devs.

The 'problem' is one of scale, not how the ability is being used. This is not an exploit.

In virtually every game I have played, using an exploit will get you banned. No one will get banned for using Mirage+Simulor this way.