Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant Secrets (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Eleos reaches behind him, drawing his ferrox and planting it beside him like a staff, his cloak flowing in the breeze.  His stance is regal, powerful, yet he only eminates solitude, like a hollow wall. With the void smoke floating around him, he seems utterly spooky. Terrifying, if not for the well lighting. "Let them flow into a tunnel, lead them to their slaughter. Yes". He slowly backs into the tunnel, making sure he is still visible by the grineer. 

The Grineer land, their general watching you form his position in front of them.

He gestures towards you and motions two Troopers forward. There is a quiet hiss, almost a whisper, and his head suddenly explodes. Another hiss and a Trooper drops.

"Reloading." Ares says over comms, and you hear him sliding in a magazine. 

The Grineer panic, looking around wildly for cover. Half of then try to sprint towards the tunnels you occupy, the others turn back to the ship. There are about fifty of them in total.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The Grineer land, their general watching you form his position in front of them.

He gestures towards you and motions two Troopers forward. There is a quiet hiss, almost a whisper, and his head suddenly explodes. Another hiss and a Trooper drops.

"Reloading." Ares says over comms, and you hear him sliding in a magazine. 

The Grineer panic, looking around wildly for cover. Half of then try to sprint towards the tunnels you occupy, the others turn back to the ship. There are about fifty of them in total.

He spins his thurible around him, letting a cloud of smoke surround him, then lunges it forwards, sending the cloud to the grineer, surrounding them in the white fog, the flashes staggering them, and then he raises his ferrox, and throws it into the thick of the cloud, the magnetic feild pulling on the grineer, grouping them closer. "Punch through them all, explode them if you can."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah falls silent, awaiting your arrival.

*Mercy takes her leave, heading to the location, her Helminth Chargers, barrow under the ground, digging their way silently, she takes a placement into the shadows of one of the holes in the wall, on the rooftops* "We're ready" 

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

He spins his thurible around him, letting a cloud of smoke surround him, then lunges it forwards, sending the cloud to the grineer, surrounding them in the white fog, the flashes staggering them, and then he raises his ferrox, and throws it into the thick of the cloud, the magnetic feild pulling on the grineer, grouping them closer. "Punch through them all, explode them if you can."

The magnetic field pulls in more than Grineer. Support structures, placed by Corpus to stabilize the outcropping, also tear free.

The ledge you are on tips forward, the Grineer heading for the ship sliding down the dusty incline and out into nothingness. Area grabs you and teleports you both to a higher outcropping in a puff of smoke. 

The Ferrox and the Grineer it has snared plummet a mile and a half to their doom.

"Good thing those have a recall system." Area says, watching the staff. "Looks like they'll be sending Hellions now."

22 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Mercy takes her leave, heading to the location, her Helminth Chargers, barrow under the ground, digging their way silently, she takes a placement into the shadows of one of the holes in the wall, on the rooftops* "We're ready" 

Sai'ah' pack seems to be composed largely of infested Moas and Ospreys, each hidden in the alcoves. 

The Grineer march below you, about a hundred in number. 

"Let then pass." Sai'ah says. "We will drive then towards the behemoths I have further in."

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah' pack seems to be composed largely of infested Moas and Ospreys, each hidden in the alcoves. 

The Grineer march below you, about a hundred in number. 

"Let then pass." Sai'ah says. "We will drive then towards the behemoths I have further in."

*She nods, a Brood Mother, sits next to her, hiding* "Understood"

On 9/13/2017 at 2:02 PM, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow, looking for the chief, heading to one of the crewmen* "What are the wounds?" 

A young woman wearing a helmetless Trinity looked up as you came in.  "Nothing too serious yet - mostly scrapes and bruises with a few broken bones.  They'll be back to full strength in no time.  The fighting hasn't started yet.  Once it does, we'll have a much less trivial job to do."  She finishes fixing a broken arm and smiles at the Crewman.  "Good as new."  With a shake of her wrist, she sent the tool she had been carrying into a lazy orbit around her waist, where several other common medical items were also floating.  "I'm Katherine, the head Physician.  I specialize in injuries from Tenno-related incidents, especially explosion-related trauma."  She held out her hand for Zuri to shake.

Edited by Yzjdriel

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

A young woman wearing a helmetless Trinity looked up as you came in.  "Nothing too serious yet - mostly scrapes and bruises with a few broken bones.  They'll be back to full strength in no time.  The fighting hasn't started yet.  Once it does, we'll have a much less trivial job to do."  She finishes fixing a broken arm and smiles at the Crewman.  "Good as new."  With a shake of her wrist, she sent the tool she had been carrying into a lazy orbit around her waist, where several other common medical items were also floating.  "I'm Katherine, the head Physician.  I specialize in injuries from Tenno-related incidents, especially explosion-related trauma."  She held out her hand for Zuri to shake.

*She smiles, shaking her hand firmly* "Zuri Orion, I specialize in Biomedical & Cybernetics, if the wound is unfixable I replace it, need a implant here and there, to boost something, I'm your girl" *She looks up to her frame, perking a brow* "I have a share fair, in normal medical, but not as skilled, I have to ask: You wear your frame"

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*She smiles, shaking her hand firmly* "Zuri Orion, I specialize in Biomedical & Cybernetics, if the wound is unfixable I replace it, need a implant here and there, to boost something, I'm your girl" *She looks up to her frame, perking a brow* "I have a share fair, in normal medical, but not as skilled, I have to ask: You wear your frame"

Katherine nodded at the mention of biomedicine.  "I do, yes.  I am a Tenno, after all, and if by some inane stroke of unfathomable bad luck the enemy manages to get into this facility, it's my job to get rid of them.  Not to mention that it's extremely helpful if you rewire some of the circuits for things like painkillers or surgical restoration."  As she spoke, she pulled up a holopad and entered Zuri's name and field into a text box and flung it into a cluster of other sheets on a screen on the far wall.  "There we go.  You're on the board now.  If you run into any problems or need clarification on anything, just ask.  The comms in here are keyed to names, so speaking my name will automatically patch you to me on the hard line so long as I'm still inside and out of normal earshot."

10 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Katherine nodded at the mention of biomedicine.  "I do, yes.  I am a Tenno, after all, and if by some inane stroke of unfathomable bad luck the enemy manages to get into this facility, it's my job to get rid of them.  Not to mention that it's extremely helpful if you rewire some of the circuits for things like painkillers or surgical restoration."  As she spoke, she pulled up a holopad and entered Zuri's name and field into a text box and flung it into a cluster of other sheets on a screen on the far wall.  "There we go.  You're on the board now.  If you run into any problems or need clarification on anything, just ask.  The comms in here are keyed to names, so speaking my name will automatically patch you to me on the hard line so long as I'm still inside and out of normal earshot."

*She perks a brow* "Using medical against the enemy, that's always fun" *She looks over to the screen, nodding* "Thanks, I'll see what I can do, Oh you have no issues with merged cephalons do you?" *As she spoke, a small cyan Cephalon pops up, next to her, being emitted by the implant on her arm*

"Hello Katherine, I DISC, I will be assisting Zuri when ever possible" *DISC, Turns to face Zuri* "Your father, sends his wishes"

*She nodded at the mention of her father* "Where is he heading?" 

"Unkown, he asked to keep his location hidden, there was an..issue with a few allies, Orokin imprints were involved, includeing a Warith" *His tone is sharp, towards the end of mentioning a Warth*

On 9/14/2017 at 11:42 AM, -Platinum- said:

*She nods, a Brood Mother, sits next to her, hiding* "Understood"

As the last of the Grineer trickle into the valley, Sai'ah jumps down, landing softly behind the last Trooper.

"Now." She says over the link. "And try to make some noise."

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As the last of the Grineer trickle into the valley, Sai'ah jumps down, landing softly behind the last Trooper.

"Now." She says over the link. "And try to make some noise."

*Her chargers burst out the ground, snarling loudly, 3 use trample and the last 2 begin to use proboscis, Mercy's frame cries out, slamming the ground, causing virulence forward into the group, after the cast she casts link onto one the grinner behind the group* "Feeding time, my pets" 

On 9/14/2017 at 11:35 AM, Rakawan said:

The magnetic field pulls in more than Grineer. Support structures, placed by Corpus to stabilize the outcropping, also tear free.

The ledge you are on tips forward, the Grineer heading for the ship sliding down the dusty incline and out into nothingness. Area grabs you and teleports you both to a higher outcropping in a puff of smoke. 

The Ferrox and the Grineer it has snared plummet a mile and a half to their doom.

"Good thing those have a recall system." Area says, watching the staff. "Looks like they'll be sending Hellions now."

Eleos holds out his hand, the speargun flying back up to him, and he brandishes it against his side, ready to fire, his thurible in his other hand ready to provide a smoke screen. "Are there any other metal struts I need be aware of?"

17 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Her chargers burst out the ground, snarling loudly, 3 use trample and the last 2 begin to use proboscis, Mercy's frame cries out, slamming the ground, causing virulence forward into the group, after the cast she casts link onto one the grinner behind the group* "Feeding time, my pets" 

The unfortunate Grineer in the rear are trampled to death, first by the chargers, then by their own comrades as they attempt to surround you, only to get caught in the Virulence. 

More Helminth Chargers, as well as bone-plated Ancients charge down the slope, howling madly. The Grineer raise their weapons for a second, and Sai'ah's helm splits open, revealing a horrifying number of teeth. An unearthly howl emanates from it, and the Grineer begin to stumble over each other in fear. 

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Eleos holds out his hand, the speargun flying back up to him, and he brandishes it against his side, ready to fire, his thurible in his other hand ready to provide a smoke screen. "Are there any other metal struts I need be aware of?"

"I'd imagine all of them." Ares says. "This entire area is supported by them. Useful if destroyed, just watch your footing."

You see flashes of light as Dargyn's and Hellions begin to descend. Ares slots another magazine into his rifle. 

"Aim for the left vent." He says. "With luck they'll collide before the engines overheat."

On 9/15/2017 at 3:17 AM, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow* "Using medical against the enemy, that's always fun" *She looks over to the screen, nodding* "Thanks, I'll see what I can do, Oh you have no issues with merged cephalons do you?" *As she spoke, a small cyan Cephalon pops up, next to her, being emitted by the implant on her arm*

"Hello Katherine, I DISC, I will be assisting Zuri when ever possible" *DISC, Turns to face Zuri* "Your father, sends his wishes"

*She nodded at the mention of her father* "Where is he heading?" 

"Unkown, he asked to keep his location hidden, there was an..issue with a few allies, Orokin imprints were involved, includeing a Warith" *His tone is sharp, towards the end of mentioning a Warth*

The screen temporarily flashes, a red emoji with its tongue sticking out appears on the screen for a second before the images return to normal.

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The screen temporarily flashes, a red emoji with its tongue sticking out appears on the screen for a second before the images return to normal.

*She perks a brow, her eyes dart to the screen able to quickly see the screen change, she smirks "Heh, clever, eyes even in the places you'll never expect, I'm impressed, Come on DISC, let's help the crew" *As she speaks, she walks over to one of the beds, to read the crewmen's wounds* 

*DISC, not even noticed what happened, simply walks over to her* "At once"

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The unfortunate Grineer in the rear are trampled to death, first by the chargers, then by their own comrades as they attempt to surround you, only to get caught in the Virulence. 

More Helminth Chargers, as well as bone-plated Ancients charge down the slope, howling madly. The Grineer raise their weapons for a second, and Sai'ah's helm splits open, revealing a horrifying number of teeth. An unearthly howl emanates from it, and the Grineer begin to stumble over each other in fear. 

*She goes grabs one of the grinners stumbling over, to reach to her face, her faces plates open up, she speaks out, her hand riddles with infection, ready to strike into his heart* "Another one for the hive!"  

6 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She goes grabs one of the grinners stumbling over, to reach to her face, her faces plates open up, she speaks out, her hand riddles with infection, ready to strike into his heart* "Another one for the hive!"  

The Grineer you hold goes limp, babbling incoherently.

The rest turn and run around the corner. A moment later a juggernaut charges around the corner and stops before you. It's carapace is spattered with blood, and it's maw is chewing on something. 

Sai'ah pries a Grineer helmet from it's maw and throws it.

"Fetch boy!" She shouts. 

As it charges back into the fray she tosses the still present helmet aside. 

"I'm sure he'll find another one to bring back." She says.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Grineer you hold goes limp, babbling incoherently.

The rest turn and run around the corner. A moment later a juggernaut charges around the corner and stops before you. It's carapace is spattered with blood, and it's maw is chewing on something. 

Sai'ah pries a Grineer helmet from it's maw and throws it.

"Fetch boy!" She shouts. 

As it charges back into the fray she tosses the still present helmet aside. 

"I'm sure he'll find another one to bring back." She says.

*She smirks, slamming it into his heart, draining the Infestation inside his body, she throws his body to the side* "Hah, your skills are impressive" *She looks around for any more hostiles* "Whats next?  

7 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow, her eyes dart to the screen able to quickly see the screen change, she smirks "Heh, clever, eyes even in the places you'll never expect, I'm impressed, Come on DISC, let's help the crew" *As she speaks, she walks over to one of the beds, to read the crewmen's wounds* 

*DISC, not even noticed what happened, simply walks over to her* "At once"

-----

Message Transcript from Reliqaury to Wraith Cruiser.

C: If you send one more of those infested rats into my system I will...

D: I must have left one behind, allow me to rectify the situation, here is a data-pad with operating parameters for Gremlin. It should allow you to update your anti-virus software.

C: Thank you... wait... this isn't a parameter file this is an Ani...

D: Yes an ANI formatted file. Our systems are rather archaic I suppose.

C: ...

D: It is what you were looking for correct?

C: Why are you being helpful?

D: My dear Cephalon, I simply wish to see you operate at max capacity. 

End Transcript.

Simon rubbed his chin.

C.A.L.C had indeed received an ANI formatted file. However with the Cephalon's unexpected shutdown it was impossible to determine what it had contained. He doubted Dirge would deliberately sabatoge his own brother's tower. Nor did there seem to be any damage to the Cephalon's structure.

-----

Beneath the layers of now inactive code, a single file was running. The coding it contained was immaculate, formatted in a manner that any being who could see it would find almost beautiful. 

It's purpose was nothing new. It was simply creating and installing the proper systems to integrate new software. 

An ANI file hovered nearby. It's archaic format, indecipherable to all but Cephalon's and master coders, was preferred for one reason. It could hold massive stores of data in a deceptively small file. 

A necessity it seems, for the operating system of the Animo network was not a small amount of data.

Nor was the O.D.I.N network package that was even now in the process of being downloaded.

Edited by Rakawan