Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Am I Missing With The Sonicor?

(PSN)Regiampiero

Question

12 answers to this question

Status is not all that defines an element. Corrosive still deals 75% bonus damage against armored targets for example. Suggest you read the Wiki to see the bonuses (and negatives) of all elements and elemental combinations.

Edited by Airwolfen

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I see build after builds with 5+ formas all with elemental damages like corrosive, blast or radiation, but I don't understand how that could be beneficial given the 0% base status chance. 

because it still does the elemental damage. say it has 200 corrosive damage. it will still do 200 Corrosive damage (before resistances applied), but have 0% chance to apply for corrosive status proc (Stripping armor)

the AOE of the shot does have a crit and status chance (25% each i think)

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

and the sonicor deals quite good damage and is  very useful with its impact so keep enemies away from something or launch them off the map

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

because it still does the elemental damage. say it has 200 corrosive damage. it will still do 200 Corrosive damage (before resistances applied), but have 0% chance to apply for corrosive status proc (Stripping armor)

the AOE of the shot does have a crit and status chance (25% each i think)

28 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Sonicor base projectile dont have status and critical chance but the AoE created when the projectile hit the map or a target have 25% status chance.

Wasn't aware that the AOE had its own status proc percentage value, I wish that this sort of info was available in game. I've been walking around with a 3000 or so impact sonicor as if it was meta. Thank you. 

Does this mean that dual stat mods can increase the AOE stat chance? 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

11 minutes ago, (XB1)thespacemeister said:

I love sonic or it's only r20 lol and it has no catalyst but still great imo with status but I'm not so sure about crit

Edit: This is kinda off topic but my sonicor shoots Mountain Dew lol

I just looked it up and it has 10% crit chance on the AOE. Who knew.