Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Guardians and Hyekka Masters and Scorches

Dracario

DE, I may have to ask but...Why turn Kuva Guardians into new nullifiers? They cannot be CCed to the point where if you have many on you, you're guaranteed to be knocked down and killed. Their hitboxes are...larger than they supposed to be, specifically their leap attacks and dash attacks. Dash attack is wider than necessary and what is seen and the attack is fast. Leap attacks have a large knockdown aoe than intended and got people killed...A LOT. But what also adds to the unCCable is when Kuva missions spawn in Scorches and Hyekka Masters. These enemies deal TOO much damage even on the regular Kuva Siphon missions. They also do AoE and in many times when they spawn is when players are in Tenno form and instantly kick the player back in their warframe and have them killed. It becomes impossible when there are both a scorch and hyekka master with guardians around. It makes Kuva Siphons much harder when no one is running a Limbo, Frost or Nova and on the Kuva Flood level nearly impossible because of the amount of fire flailing, Fatty attacking stuff going around.

I personally haven't had a huge issue with the Kuva Guardians, nor the Hyekka Masters (Though the Masters do hit pretty hard if you idle in their fire blasts). However, I agree (and so do many others) that the Scorch is a bit too much. Even at long range, or behind cover, they deal damage comparable to Eximus units on Sortie 3. They either need a fix for their DPS, or adjustments to make them less difficult to avoid. 

Just my thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, Cazzzz said:

I personally haven't had a huge issue with the Kuva Guardians, nor the Hyekka Masters (Though the Masters do hit pretty hard if you idle in their fire blasts). However, I agree (and so do many others) that the Scorch is a bit too much. Even at long range, or behind cover, they deal damage comparable to Eximus units on Sortie 3. They either need a fix for their DPS, or adjustments to make them less difficult to avoid. 

Just my thoughts. 

Hyekkas are worst during Siphon missions because they spawn in random places so you wouldn't know until they start firing. Hyekkas deal a lot of damage even, same with the scorch. To top it they have more armor than a scorch does.

3 minutes ago, Cazzzz said:

Just my thoughts. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kuva Guardians are tough but manageable, same with Hyekka. But scorches are the devil incarnate 

all of them at the same time sucks. although you have a frost avatar and havent figured out a max range globe and ice wave impendance is close to a 97% slow which AFFECTS kuva guardians. They can be CC'd you just gotta use a CC frame. Rhino stomp keeps em locked down as well.

4 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

all of them at the same time sucks. although you have a frost avatar and havent figured out a max range globe and ice wave impendance is close to a 97% slow which AFFECTS kuva guardians. They can be CC'd you just gotta use a CC frame. Rhino stomp keeps em locked down as well.

I'm leveling up a chroma. I know about Frost and I listed that already. Rhino stomp does not affect them at all. I tried it once, didn't end well.

46 minutes ago, Godzelda123 said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kuva Guardians are tough but manageable, same with Hyekka. But scorches are the devil incarnate 

Scorches basically die if you sneeze at them, though, and are 'premium' units (high affinity, lesser spawn). They are the very definition of glass cannon priority enemies. Hyekka Masters are beefy, low-to-medium cost units, and still provide a constant danger (those molotovs they throw will gib you if you take a direct hit, to say nothing of the Ignis fire and ground hazards).

Handful of easily picked off units, or a steady stream of units that take two or three good headshots from a bow to take down at sortie/k-flood levels, while making the entire area a persistent threat (also kitties)? I'd take the scorches, personally.

Especially in Kuva missions where you're going to have your Operator out. CC a Scorch, your operator is safe until it wears off. CC a Hyekka Master, and you still have to be careful you don't walk in the fire patches they probably left before they succumbed.

Still, everyone should know the real MVP of Kuva Siphons is a good Ivara. Cloak bubbles means no Guardian (or flamethrower) attacks and safe Operator usage. E->ctrl-space->5 and back into stealth. The best defense is never getting attacked at all.

Edited by EDYinnit

I'll add to this, that these enemies easily kill the tenno, which results with your energy lost, the player being unable to regain control of the area or having any way out of the situation, but using an energy restore and only then being able to cast an ability to deal with the situation.

This seems very frustrating if you play alone or with only one friend. Especially when there has to be a designated person that deals with trash-mobs, a player that is ready to snort the space-drugs and a person that removes the Kuva Guardians.

1 hour ago, Zyrgi said:

I'll add to this, that these enemies easily kill the tenno, which results with your energy lost, the player being unable to regain control of the area or having any way out of the situation, but using an energy restore and only then being able to cast an ability to deal with the situation.

This seems very frustrating if you play alone or with only one friend. Especially when there has to be a designated person that deals with trash-mobs, a player that is ready to snort the space-drugs and a person that removes the Kuva Guardians.

You no longer lost the energy, it was changed.

If you are alone use Shade or Huras, even in operator mode the warframe stays cloacked.

Kuva guardians are ok, but the other 2 erase you, especially when they are aiming to another enemy or teammate.

Edited by Heliopata

On 9.12.2016. at 1:32 AM, Heliopata said:

You no longer lost the energy, it was changed.

If you are alone use Shade or Huras, even in operator mode the warframe stays cloacked.

Kuva guardians are ok, but the other 2 erase you, especially when they are aiming to another enemy or teammate.

Should it be reduced to mandating Huras or Shade? I can now agree that it is more tolerable now in terms of Kuva Guardians. However they it is impossible to focus on removing the Guardians and snorting the space-coke at the same time, because the operator is very immobile compared to the Kuva Guardians.

In regards to Scorches and Hyekka Masters - it might be easier if the operator wasn't as immobile. I don't see any other way of fixing the way they can delete your operator instantly, while still being a force to be reckoned with, in the missions that don't require the operator exiting the warframe.

• 5 weeks later...