Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why bother doing the insanely stupid new quest requiremnts when youtube exists

Proman249

Just now, Proman249 said:

I know reward and all but I'm just playing for the story basically.  And all the requirements to even start the quest are based on percents less than 20.  What even the hell is this.

Because it fun to experience the story yourself. But it's all based on person pref.

1 minute ago, Proman249 said:

I know reward and all but I'm just playing for the story basically.  And all the requirements to even start the quest are based on percents less than 20.  What even the hell is this.

What do you mean by percents less than 20?

What requirements are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

What requirements?

4 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

if thats your way of playing game, enjoy. 
dont see a reason of your thread tho.
if youre into story, might as well grab a book. but thats just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

You need to craft a mastery 5 weapon, grab 3 mods from those puzzle rooms, and kill 10 sentients.

That is something you will get simply by playing the game and progressing normally.

Like other people have said, gaming probably isn't for you.

It's called, it's meant to be a challange, its meant to be something to work for, its meant to be a story, watching it on youtube to avoid playing it is just beyond lazyness , i for one thank digital extremes for continuing the story as i really do enjoy it and hope they make more of it very soon.

9 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

You need to craft a mastery 5 weapon, grab 3 mods from those puzzle rooms, and kill 10 sentients.

While I don't necessarily see where "less than 20 percent" comes in to play here, the rest is fairly straightforward. Much of the game is about creating and trying out new weapons, you're bound to make an MR 5 or higher weapon at some point in your journey through the late game. That's part of what the requirement is about. 

Drift mods and Sentients are from the Lua tileset, the tile you unlock after the Second Dream, playing on that higher level tileset to acquire some of the special mods from the Sentients and from the Drift mods (seriously, Drift mods are great) are also part of what you do as a later game player.

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, Proman249 said:

*Sigh*

Killing 10 sentients, easily done in a couple of Lua crossfire, where you can easily do the other requirement because puzzle rooms spawn there, and crafting a mastery 5 weapon is literally just playing the game.

Its like you didn't even try to do them, you just wanted to rant.

Why bother doing the stupid easy new quest requirement when I can rant about it in the forums..

MR5 Weapon: You've probably made one by now. But if not, go to the market and just find a cheap BP.

10 Sentients: Speedrun Second Dream quest, in the second to last bit where your frame is carrying the Operator, just laser the Sentients. You can't die in that segment, and it's easy.

3 Drift mods: Just go in recruitment chat and ask for a group. Takes like twenty minutes, tops. I just stood around and shot things while my teammates did all the puzzle work.

Honestly, I speedran like four Junctions in about a day or two in prep for TWW. It's quite easy.

i only found dumb that they didnt count some tasks done, like the sedna junction ones, while there was others that they count after the starchart change, i have 20 lua mods, and the task is not counted since all were before the startchart rework and i havent touched Lua since, while the craft x weapon, complete x misisons were alredy marked completed as soon as i logged after starchart change without me needing to do them

2 minutes ago, salubri said:

i only found dumb that they didnt count some tasks done, like the sedna junction ones, while there was others that they count after the starchart change, i have 20 lua mods, and the task is not counted since all were before the startchart rework and i havent touched Lua since

You could have traded for them rather than passing the tests yourself, the game probably didn't track how you acquired them back before junctions were a thing.

2 minutes ago, salubri said:

i did run for all my mods, i got 20 just because it took me that many tries to spawn all the 7 rooms, after i spawned the 7th room i stoped going to LUA

I'm sure you did, but the game doesn't 'remember' that, hence you had to do it again after the tracking was implemented.

Sounds like you just started the game, and already you want to do the latest lore quest without doing the prior ones?

You should have already met most of these requirements if you did prior quests. The only iffy one is the challenge room mods, which is quickly remedied.

Edited by UrielColtan