Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 syndicates vs 3

JohnyNightcore

Question

19 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Suncake said:

How I did 4 syndicates: I maxed 3 left ones, then I worked hard for Meridian to lift allied Veil, and eventually maxed Veil too. I just don't want to lose everything I worked for while switching sides.

I'm really considering changing to RV/SM/PS/NL as my 4 Syndicates, PS and NL are underdogs, I should be able to make a pretty penny with those... but I feel lazy.

I think 4 is the way to go if you more into personal aquisition and probably even if more interested in playing the market.

Just level up and get everything from the main 2 you choose (hexis/suda or perrin/loka), max them both out at 130k and stop doing them. until you get the veil/ steel ranked.

In 6months when more stuff gets added to the syndicates, your 2 main syndicates you can use your banked rep to get items to sell/use on day one,  plus by then you would have aquired everything from the veil/steel and be sitting at max rep, you can just spend the rep you have banked with veil/steel on new items straight away, go back to the other 2 syndicates, get the new stuff, run them for a bit to get back to max rep and keep doing that if you are corpus enough, or just max and sit there for another 6 months waiting for more syndicate stuff for them while continuing steel/veil.

You will get more standing going for only 3 because you can do daily syndicate missions for all of them. Going for 4 you can do daily only for 2. More daily missions means more ways to find medallions and more standing outside of cap that is constant regardless of number of syndicates you are aligned with.

It depends on how you play.

I don't have time to run syndicate missions, I don't sell mods or weapons, and I don't care about relic packs (at least not as much as others), so my syndicate standing goes mostly to making sure I have enough for each new set of augments or weapons and the excess is dumped on relics.

It's therefore most convenient for me to ally with 4 syndicates. I will gain reputation with 2 syndicates on a regular basis, have 2 syndicates perpetually maxed and untouched (except immediately after a syndicate content drop), and have the remaining 2 syndicates perpetually hating my guts.

If, on the other hand, you intend to be actively farming syndicate reputation (e.g. to sell syndicate goods for Platinum), it's definitely more efficient to gain reputation with only 3 syndicates and have the remaining 3 syndicates perpetually hating your guts.

Certain combinations of 4 work well.

The best way to do 4:

Run as A to rank up A and A's ally B.

Once B is up to max and has rep to spare, run B's opposed C to rank C and C's ally D.

Make sure E and F are A and C's enemies, and F is A's opposed.

Favor missions over sigil rep for C, but you will be using sigils for a while until you max it.

Once you have all 4 maxed, always use A sigil and run A and C missions.

D missions are optional and must be used sparingly to not overwhelm C.

Why?

Using A for your daily cap is best since A grants you 150% rep (100% A 50% B), the most efficient gain possible.

A and C missions are good.  A still grants 150% and C grants 100% (100% C 50% D -50% B) The effect on B cancels out as well, so you have overall gains from your daily cap.

D missions can be used when B is full, since it still gives 50% efficiency (100% D 50% C -100% B) Just watch your B.

:meridian:       :redveil:

B:redveil:        :meridian:

C:suda:        :loka:

D:hexis:        :perrin:

These are the only 2 sets of 4 that work for this.  The first one gets you all 4 restore BPs.  That's why meridian stuff is most common on the market.

Edited by Callback

3 hours ago, Callback said:

Why?

Using A for your daily cap is best since A grants you 150% rep (100% A 50% B), the most efficient gain possible.

A and C missions are good.  A still grants 150% and C grants 100% (100% C 50% D -50% B) The effect on B cancels out as well, so you have overall gains from your daily cap

You give up significant rep per day by not running B missions and not selling B medallions. Assume the missions grant 3k each and you find 5k worth of medallions on average that is 26k B rep and 13k A rep lost.  39k rep total.  Per day.  This is kind of a worst/best case number but its accurate enough for an every day player to frame the example.

If your goal is acquiring a lot of stuff like relics or trade fodder then you never want to do four syndicates.  If your goal is having access to many different offerings in order to avoid trading then four is a reasonable choice.

Or if you are a more casual player that isn't going to have time to run three sets of daily missions each and every day that again can lean towards four syndicates.  If you wouldn't run the B missions any way you can't really count the rep as "lost".

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

14 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You give up significant rep per day by not running B missions and not selling B medallions. Assume the missions grant 3k each and you find 5k worth of medallions on average that is 26k B rep and 13k A rep lost.  39k rep total.  Per day.  This is kind of a worst/best case number but its accurate enough for an every day player to frame the example.

If your goal is acquiring a lot of stuff like relics or trade fodder then you never want to do four syndicates.  If your goal is having access to many different offerings in order to avoid trading then four is a reasonable choice.

Or if you are a more casual player that isn't going to have time to run three sets of daily missions each and every day that again can lean towards four syndicates.  If you wouldn't run the B missions any way you can't really count the rep as "lost".

So to clarify, you're saying to, for example, run either :suda:/:hexis: as daily, run both as missions, and also run :meridian: missions ignoring :redveil: since the other 2 tank it?  And the other combination would be :perrin:/:loka: and :redveil:?

Quick note: your math seems off.  Where are you getting 26k?  Your numbers (which are too generous on medallions) point to 24k.

I see ~3500 per mission, 5500 per def/int.  And you can expect a no-medallion def/int to spawn at least 1 per faction per day.  Let's just call it 20k average between missions, def/int, and medallions.  More or less depending on the day.  30k more per day using 3 than using 4.  If daily cap is all you care about.

When new mods or gear come out, are you able to easily find trades for everything?  New stuff seems a lot easier than old stuff.  Even getting the 2 missing factions with 4 to offer for things like weapons is insanely hard.

And here's the last thing to consider:  How long does a syndicate mission take?  Survival is 10 minutes.  Def/Int are 10 waves/2 rounds.  Mobile Defense is always hated for its length.  Call it 6 minutes plus hunting.  Excavation is 500 cryo and you probably want to solo to better hunt medallions.  That's over 8 minutes plus hunting.  Capture/Rescue/Exterminate/Sabotage are mostly just hunting time.  I find hunting takes at least 5 minutes, and that's using max range maim Equinox to wipe the map of containers.

All those times for what we have called an average of 10k total rep, or 1.5 relics.  1.5 relics of which 1 is lith/meso and .5 is neo/axi.

Compare that to the ~4 minutes (including the time between rounds) for a round of Xini interception, where in 4 rounds you can get ~1.7 neos and 2 axis.

Lith/Meso duck farm can be easily done by just running your extra lith/mesos whenever a spy fissure comes up.  Instant refund, and competent groups won't waste any more time than the reactant takes, splitting 1 person per vault and catching up.

So is doing 3 worth it?  Not as much as you might think.  Syndicate dailys aren't for relics.  They're for when you still need the offerings.  Interception gets you better relics faster.  Even duck fodder you can do better by running your liths and mesos as spy/interception.

Edited by Callback

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Quick note: your math seems off.  Where are you getting 26k?  Your numbers (which are too generous on medallions) point to 24k.

I see ~3500 per mission, 5500 per def/int.  And you can expect a no-medallion def/int to spawn at least 1 per faction per day.  Let's just call it 20k average between missions, def/int, and medallions.  More or less depending on the day.  30k more per day using 3 than using 4.  If daily cap is all you care about.

Yeah 24k / 12k is correct... never do math late at night.  But these are simply ball park estimate numbers anyway so accuracy isn't super critical (IMO).  Regardless of whether you think you are losing out on 30k rep per day or 36k rep per day that is still significant.  A new mod every day or 1.5 relic packs.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Yeah 24k / 12k is correct... never do math late at night.  But these are simply ball park estimate numbers anyway so accuracy isn't super critical (IMO).  Regardless of whether you think you are losing out on 30k rep per day or 36k rep per day that is still significant.  A new mod every day or 1.5 relic packs.

Yes, or 1.5 relics per mission.  Did you read further below?  The average length of time for those missions tends to be quite high.  Compare it to interception which is ~4 minutes per round including cleanup and transition.  Even if we call the low-end for faction missions a bit over 6 minutes to make them equal in terms of absolute relics per time, interception lets you choose your tier while packs rarely give you more than the minimum 1 neo/axi per 3-pack.

In the end farming your relics through interception is just better than running faction missions for packs.  Faction missions are good for getting their mods and weapons, not relic packs.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:14 AM, Callback said:

Yes, or 1.5 relics per mission.  Did you read further below?  The average length of time for those missions tends to be quite high.  Compare it to interception which is ~4 minutes per round including cleanup and transition.  Even if we call the low-end for faction missions a bit over 6 minutes to make them equal in terms of absolute relics per time, interception lets you choose your tier while packs rarely give you more than the minimum 1 neo/axi per 3-pack.

In the end farming your relics through interception is just better than running faction missions for packs.  Faction missions are good for getting their mods and weapons, not relic packs.

You are focused on the wrong part of my point.  I don't care what you spend all that extra rep on.  If you value mods, then buy mods, etc, etc. 

The important factor that should be the focus is do you or do you not have all that extra rep to spend?  In the end I don't care if people do three or four syndicates as there are very good reasons to do both.  The thing I don't like is the players that advocate doing four presenting it as if there is no downside to it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You are focused on the wrong part of my point.  I don't care what you spend all that extra rep on.  If you value mods, then buy mods, etc, etc. 

The important factor that should be the focus is do you or do you not have all that extra rep to spend?  In the end I don't care if people do three or four syndicates as there are very good reasons to do both.  The thing I don't like is the players that advocate doing four presenting it as if there is no downside to it.

Well you should at least start with the :meridian::redveil::suda::hexis: method to collect all 4 restores, since those are untradeable.  If you want to tank them after that for "efficiency," go ahead.

I still maintain that 4 is much more workable purely because of what trade chat has become.  Finding 2 with 4 to offer is hard enough.