Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible new uses for the codex scanner?

(PSN)NatK98

I was just thinking, what if the Codex scanner showed things like what the enemy you're looking at could drop, what it's weak to and other info about it (assuming you've fully scanned it)?

If you open up the codex scanner and look at an enemy, you'll see plenty of room for extra information.

I'll be honest, sometimes i forget what some specific enemies are weak to and/or what they drop. I think Implementing something like this would be very helpful.

Let me know what you guys think. What do you guys think the codex scanner should display?

Edited by (PS4)NatK98

13 minutes ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

I was just thinking, what if the Codex scanner showed things like what the enemy you're looking at could drop, what it's weak to and other info about it (assuming you've fully scanned it)?

If you open up the codex scanner, you'll see plenty of room for extra information.

I'll be honest, sometimes i forget what some specific enemies are weak to and/or what they drop. I think Implementing something like this would be very helpful.

Let me know what you guys think. What do you guys think the codex scanner should display?

You want that information in the Codex or while looking at the enemy? Your second sentence confused me because that info is in the Codex. 

Like "scan" in FF series?

Would be alright for newer players...Unfortunately that would not help much because you cant change your build in a mission.

So yeah. Now its pretty pointless.  There are also not so many enemies to remember. Most of them have SAME resistances (pretty boring imo)

That would be awesome if we had more diferent enemy types with RANDOM resistances and stats.

I want codex scanner to display in 3rd person view, displaying alert state on enemies, their distance from us, healthbar & upon aiming (with primary or secondary) will scan them, display enemy weapons, threat level & elemental/physical weakness. All with a more tactical-edgy looking hud on the scanner

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

Just now, Kainosh said:

Like "scan" in FF series?

Would be alright for newer players...Unfortunately that would not help much because you cant change your build in a mission.

So yeah. Now its pretty pointless.  There are also not so many enemies to remember. Most of them have SAME resistances (pretty boring imo)

That would be awesome if we had more diferent enemy types with RANDOM resistances and stats.

Showing what mods/loot an enemy can drop is always gonna be helpful imo

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I want codex scanner to display in 3rd person view, displaying alert state on enemies, their distance from us, healthbar & upon aiming (with primary or secondary) will scan them, display enemy weapons, threat level & elemental/physical weakness. All with a more tactical-edgy looking hud on the scanner

As amazing as this feature sounds, if it's on while using weapons it would probably annoy some people.

I suggest it's toggled on and off by pulling out your scanner, pressing the Alternative Fire button (usually scroll wheel click) and if you put away the scanner it stays on, allowing you to see all of that information while engaging in combat. Taking it out and doing the same would turn it off.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

29 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

As amazing as this feature sounds, if it's on while using weapons it would probably annoy some people.

I suggest it's toggled on and off by pulling out your scanner, pressing the Alternative Fire button (usually scroll wheel click) and if you put away the scanner it stays on, allowing you to see all of that information while engaging in combat. Taking it out and doing the same would turn it off.

No, its still can only be activated/deactivated through the gear wheel, like how you use scanner normally,but this time it will be like using filter on a camera, it can be toggled on & off anytime via gear wheel or hotkey.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

39 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I think when we highlight grineer or corpus text no matter where it should translate it.

Fantastic.  And they should expand dialogue to be lore relevant (clues) and shoe subtexts.

Also I'd love for Simaris scanner-types to reveal a non-standard weakness on things like kuva (basically a new mechanic that would be a randomized Crit/damage/status multiplier...200% heat damage...etc.)

23 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

No, its still can only be activated/deactivated through the gear wheel, like how you use scanner normally,but this time it will be like using filter on a camera, it can be toggled on & off anytime via gear wheel or hotkey.

So then it isn't supposed to be used with your weapons?

Since if it's activated by equipping your scanner you could see it only while using said scanner. Or are you only proposing the scanner was in 3rd person with more info instead of 1st person?

And if it were to be used with weapons then it would have to be a completely different item, although the idea is to have it with the scanner.

Either or, my idea could also come in the form of an expensive upgrade from Simaris.

Edited by Senpai-Pie
Grammar.

18 hours ago, Senpai-Pie said:

So then it isn't supposed to be used with your weapons?

Since if it's activated by equipping your scanner you could see it only while using said scanner. Or are you only proposing the scanner was in 3rd person with more info instead of 1st person?

And if it were to be used with weapons then it would have to be a completely different item, although the idea is to have it with the scanner.

Either or, my idea could also come in the form of an expensive upgrade from Simaris.

3rd person view, as i said in my first post