Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way to farm focus post TWW

Guy6869

Question

21 answers to this question

From my experience, going either Akkad or Xini on Eris with a power frame such as Ember, Excalibur, Saryn, or Ash should yearn quite a bit of Focus.

However, I've also heard that stealth runs can yield much more Focus if you can keep the stealth multiplier up during solo Exterminate missions. Specially if you save up a group of Bombards before picking up the Convergence.

Also, Sortie missions with the condition Eximus Stronghold will yield a lot of XP from those hordes of Eximus units.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

16 minutes ago, Serinexxa said:

I usually just slap a lens on frames/weapons I use for leveling and let it collect itself over time, letting me forma my gear and get focus at the same time. That's a little slower though.

You  can only collect focus with maxed frames and weapons. If you forma a rank 30 weapon, you will start gaining focus points when it's maxed again.

Another way to stealth farm focus are missions like Spy, Sabotage and Assassinations.To me it seems that the enemies have a better spawn pattern in those missions than in Exterminates. Though Sabotage and Assassinations will trigger an alert once the objective is completed. Recently there was a Captain Vor Assassination for Sortie 3 with the condition Eximus stronghold. Was a good way and spiced things up.

If you are into killing mobs: You can also use Axi Survivals. A friend and I collected more than 50k in an hour. The farther you go in endless missions, the more Eximi and those are the ones that bring most experience. :)

21 hours ago, tsoa said:

You  can only collect focus with maxed frames and weapons. If you forma a rank 30 weapon, you will start gaining focus points when it's maxed again.

Another way to stealth farm focus are missions like Spy, Sabotage and Assassinations.To me it seems that the enemies have a better spawn pattern in those missions than in Exterminates. Though Sabotage and Assassinations will trigger an alert once the objective is completed. Recently there was a Captain Vor Assassination for Sortie 3 with the condition Eximus stronghold. Was a good way and spiced things up.

If you are into killing mobs: You can also use Axi Survivals. A friend and I collected more than 50k in an hour. The farther you go in endless missions, the more Eximi and those are the ones that bring most experience. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant. I could have been a little more clear, but when I said weapons I use for leveling I meant pulling out an Amprex/Atomos and have it "carry" my other weapons I'm trying to forma. Putting a lens on it would sort of combine the processes. But it's certainly not the fastest way if you aren't multitasking with leveling/formaing weapons.

6 hours ago, Serinexxa said:

pulling out an Amprex/Atomos and have it "carry" my other weapons I'm trying to forma

Sadly that doesn't work. From wiki (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity):

Kill an enemy with a weapon: Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.

You HAVE to kill with the weapon to level it, no Warframe powers or other weapons can do this. There are some workarounds to gain affinity though: Shared affinity from groups, completing objectives (especially not being detected in spy vaults work) and the secondary challenges. There are other gains but just minor amounts, listed in the above link under Aquisition.

You probably levelled your weapons through shared affinity. My Clan mates and I even considered levelling Archwing gear by staying in Sharkwing on Uranus while the others do the killing during a survival for example. Luckily DE increased the affinity gain in Archwings, so it didn't come to that. :)

Do you have Equinox...

Miam Equinox go to Juipter IO (Corpus def) slap on your desired Focus lens on Equinox. Turn on your 4 (miam for Day form) and your Focus points will pour in. Make sure you grab that damn yellow glowing thing that pops up from time to time. I know it boosts your focus earning. 

The same tactic is done with Ember and World on Fire. But I have been able to build the Miam Equinox that outright outclasses Ember. 

This works on Akkad as well...but man for some reason that gets so damn boring. 

I find the relic drops on IO makes it more appealing. 

I second Xini but you will need Ember for that since you will need to really run around.

Do you have Ivara....do you like Spy...then why are you asking this question.

You should already know the best way to farm focus is to use Ivara or Loki and do a Solo Spy and get those stealth kills and undetected spy hacks to really farm that focus. 

I have gotten crazy and started to do the following.

Spy Sorties are where I like to farm focus now. 

Of course I do Spy sorties solo...so why not grab that scanner get that scan farming and then go for stealth kills using my melee weapon of choice equipped with greater lens. 

It get risker especially if it is a 3rd sortie spy mission, but man does that work well for me in terms of focus earned. 

well in my experience it used to be the exterminate on sedna doing that three times would max out my focus right now I'd actually say the best area is the jv, but that isn't an option for most players so instead why not try a survival like on lua or Uranus really any areas that have a high chance to spawn eximus units especially prime farming as the corruption boosts the exp gain on enemies. 

And completely unrelated the stealth AI is kind of broken as most enemies will notice you for apparently no reason.

On 04/01/2017 at 3:15 AM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

And completely unrelated the stealth AI is kind of broken as most enemies will notice you for apparently no reason.

If your on console that was the war within update, where they decided to F*** up stealth play as much as possible.

Mainly that enemies that see bodies will go into alert, and they can see them from pretty far.

Also coolant leak alerts enemies now, which i personally hate as the stealth melee was a pain to trigger anyway and now i cant slow them down to make it easier.

And shooting the corpus bubbles also breaks stealth. - although that 1 they apparantly fix in an upcoming update where the bubbles are deactivated when not alerted.

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 2:42 AM, Coop_Omega said:

If your on console that was the war within update, where they decided to F*** up stealth play as much as possible.

Mainly that enemies that see bodies will go into alert, and they can see them from pretty far.

Also coolant leak alerts enemies now, which i personally hate as the stealth melee was a pain to trigger anyway and now i cant slow them down to make it easier.

And shooting the corpus bubbles also breaks stealth. - although that 1 they apparantly fix in an upcoming update where the bubbles are deactivated when not alerted.

Yeah and also a lot of enemies will break it for no reason and hitting walls and enemies seems to make noise.

Ok. I'm new to this focus farming, and I've been trying to do spy/exterminate missions with ivara. 

It is incredibly frustrating.

First, I tryed the method of noise + sleep arrow to get clusters of enemies to one shot them with a tonkor/artemis's bow/orthos/(name it), and realising it was not giving me stealth affinity bonus but also breaking my 500% combo. Now, I thought maybe the enemies were alerted because of the noise arrow or some bug or something.

Then I try just the sleep arrow method. It should be all fine, right? NOOO! groups of enemies that get oneshotted still break the stealth affinity combo. WHY!?!?

Ca anyone please help me? Explain me why this is happening. What am I doing wrong?

Also, the wiki page says "... Stealth kill affinity bonuses can be initiated using any attack as long as the enemy is unaware of the player's presence, though melee weapons grant twice the amount of stealth kill affinity compared to ranged weapons or abilities. ..." . I went to Mars on an exterminate mission to test this and both ranged and melee stealth kills at 100% bonus gave me the same affinity. Can anyone tell me if there has been a patch where this changed?

It'll be because there was a few milliseconds delay between the first mob in the group dying and the last one, and in that time the whole group was psychically alerted. Basically, right now stealth play is a total mess. I have more success keeping a stealth combo counter with a Hushed Tonkor nuking a whole group than by rapidly dispatching sleeped/blinded/unalert enemies with instakill finishers 1 by 1. (Fun fact, a Sleep'd mob looking at another one will still see it dying and become alerted, whilst still in the Sleep state...)

I've given up on stealth farms and just do the high level endless mission nukeframe thing for affinity/focus gain.

Sadly Greater lens + max range ember prime seems to be the best way to do it. Pull up a high level survival and just chill for 15-20 min then extract. Usually nets 80-100k if you're in a full 4 man group and everyone else stays as long.

I do the same but in relics so you actually get something extra for your time to show for it via ducats or plat. I used to do stealth kills but that is completely destroyed now. Stealth kill mix with spy isn't too miserable as well but still not the best.

9 hours ago, Zihar said:

I used to solo farm Focus using either Ivara or Loki..

Now i  Take a Dps frame with my desired lens to Berehynia and get around 20-46k focus per run 

Just to chime in and say that for comparisons here, I sometimes still do Ivara Stealth Exterminate farming using an increased range and duration build along with the Acrid (dissolves bodies) and melee weapon with channeling build (also dissolves bodies).

And the way mobs spawn as well as how (not-)often and where the focus booster usually shows up in relation which then all rolls over into Time To Kill means I average between 18k-23k Focus on one run.

This is usually vs Grineer and generally managing to keep the Stealth Multiplier up. 

I still do it when I have time to kill (heh) since I have the lenses all set up on her loadout and it's a pretty chill/zen thing to do.

But anyhow I wanted to toss out the numbers I usually see on average there.  

Stealth Farming took a massive hit with the recent changes. 

5 hours ago, XenomorphKing5 said:

would a ash covert lethality build work with the lens on the dagger

Uh... I am honestly not 100% sure BUT I think so. Since the Dagger is getting the kill whereas Teleport would simply enable its use, rather than dealing direct damage itself.

Spoiler

From the wiki: Ash teleports towards the target, bringing him into melee range and making enemies vulnerable to finishers.

And as far as I know the Augment (Fatal Teleport) basically just handles the extra button press for you (when it works, it's not 100% effective).