Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Daym wiki dont tell me nothing. Probably miss read it as not affected by Focus. Btw wiki says nothing about this, but is Rhino stomp affected by Power Duriation mods?

the stasis is affected by continuity (i think), and the damage is affected by focus.

I'd rather Roar be cheaper than let it knock down enemies. Because with a knockdown effect it's basically Excalibur's Radial Blind, but arguably not as good for crowd control (knockdowns don't last as long as a high lv blind).

Rhino is already 'just a bigger Excalibur' in the eyes of many players. The more skills he have that are completely funcitonally different to Excalibur's, the better.

ironically though, people go to Rhino for crowd control, but he gets to use his AOE control skill for 100 energy wheras Excalibur's radial blind is a 50 energy incapacitate. Sure it doesn't clear out mobs, but he can use it much more often, which ultimately I feel is more beneficial.

Ember will still be best choice for a tanky warframe when it comes to soaking up huge amounts of damage for a long period of time. 1200 damage soak without damage reduce will just pop in a second in T3 void runs vs. elites for example. Ember can stand in a Void laser for several seconds until her shields run out with overheat running.. then the sentinel shield recharge pops and ember still stands. Rhino will die in 3 seconds.

Imho give Ember the flat damage absorb in form of a overheat shield and give Rhino the Overheat mechanic (damage reduce) minus the close range damage aura but with the taunt. To really tank you need damage reduction and not a flat damage soak.. especially when surrounded by 10 taunted enemies but that is exactly the place where rhino should be... in the middle of things soaking damage from taunted enemies.

^^^^ what they said

and also, porcurhino is NOT good looking, whoever greenlight this.... just... (sigh, /facepalm)

look the main idea that the i and i think a lot of players had about rhino was that is was a great melee character one of the few and the 1200 just burns up in seconds in higher levels sure level 20 itl be okay but rhino used to be that one guy that saved everyones &#! on wave 20 by his skin and slashing away so u could regroup and prepared yet again for the next wave this was a very memorable part of the play and a very much needed one so players wouldnt all go sit in a corner with their guns and trying to shoot them down instead your friendly neighbourhood rhino passed by with his fraggor in one hand and a healthpack in the other to get to the next part of the game

the rhino play style wasnt about popping bullits and spamming ults or slash dash it was about being a treu tank to protect the rest from harm im sure casting players will love this update but we dont want to see iron skin want to be trown off the build as hard as excaliburs jump or flash please i beg you rhino was perfect as he was keep him as he was not a new one to make players look for their new mai. PS sorry for not using points at the end of a sentence it is broken

New Iron Skin looks horrible and doesnt mesh well with Rhino´s art design at all.

No seriously,why spikes?

Why not something more in line of the character like added armor platings?

Wtf had Rhino EVER to do with a ice/crystal/ whatever theme.

As for Rhino´s general changes...well I think its clear by now that Rhino the tank is dead(save for low level planets,because as we all know thats where Rhino´s one actual quality came into play,right?)and DE wants to make him some kind of spiky caster easily outclassed by Frost but fitting a rather questionable dmg buff.

By now he should just be renamed spiky as to not sully the greatness that Rhino and his unique gamestyle once was.

New Iron Skin looks horrible and doesnt mesh well with Rhino´s art design at all.

No seriously,why spikes?

Why not something more in line of the character like added armor platings?

Wtf had Rhino EVER to do with a ice/crystal/ whatever theme.

As for Rhino´s general changes...well I think its clear by now that Rhino the tank is dead(save for low level planets,because as we all know thats where Rhino´s one actual quality came into play,right?)and DE wants to make him some kind of spiky caster easily outclassed by Frost but fitting a rather questionable dmg buff.

By now he should just be renamed spiky as to not sully the greatness that Rhino and his unique gamestyle once was.

Did T3 Void Defense on my Rhino with a Loki and a Nova. Skin turns you into a walking Decoy with infinite duration, massive aggro range and more effective HP than any other aggro sponge. All you need to do is not be a scrub and keep the damn Skin up and you are better than ever because things are actually shooting at you and not your team, sentinel or the pod.

Rhino is pretty much the perfect frame right now with 4 abilities that aren't garbage and two of them can be swapped out for other mods if needed. He has mobility with Charge and Vanguard helmet, team utility with CC and a significant damage buff (50% bonus damage that stacks multiplicatively with mods and affects skills is insane, not questionable), good damage with Charge and, most importantly, Stomp, and acts as an incredibly durable aggro magnet to keep fire away from things that need to stay alive. He's also multi-purpose with very flexible mod layouts and one of the best frames for solo play.

The only thing that he might need is this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/88272-better-iron-skin-falloff-feedback/ so that you don't run at heavies when your skin is about to break.

DE should be trying to get other weaker frames up to Rhino's level, and leave him where he is right now.

Did T3 Void Defense on my Rhino with a Loki and a Nova. Skin turns you into a walking Decoy with infinite duration, massive aggro range and more effective HP than any other aggro sponge. All you need to do is not be a scrub and keep the damn Skin up and you are better than ever because things are actually shooting at you and not your team, sentinel or the pod.

Rhino is pretty much the perfect frame right now with 4 abilities that aren't garbage and two of them can be swapped out for other mods if needed. He has mobility with Charge and Vanguard helmet, team utility with CC and a significant damage buff (50% bonus damage that stacks multiplicatively with mods and affects skills is insane, not questionable), good damage with Charge and, most importantly, Stomp, and acts as an incredibly durable aggro magnet to keep fire away from things that need to stay alive. He's also multi-purpose with very flexible mod layouts and one of the best frames for solo play.

The only thing that he might need is this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/88272-better-iron-skin-falloff-feedback/ so that you don't run at heavies when your skin is about to break.

DE should be trying to get other weaker frames up to Rhino's level, and leave him where he is right now.

Whilst I love Rhino and he is my go-to frame for near any situation, I must respectfully disagree.

T3 Void defence is not a true test of whether a warframe is good, it is a war of attrition that comes down to how good your guns are and if Frost and Vauban can keep pressing 3 on time.

Rhino is a good frame, one of the top 3 IMO. Rhino Stomp is fantastic, clear out light mobs, freeze the biguns. Roar is awesome, turn my Rhino into a gunzerker? Thankyou very much! Charge is great for mobility, or knocking down the heavies in a flash, useful if you have a room clearing gun (ogris). 

Iron Skin however.... 

The fact is, with aggro AND fixed cap, it effectively becomes extra shield, that doesn't regenerate, but will make everything in sight attack you. On lower levels where each bullet only does 10 damage, this is fantastic! But, once you start getting to mid-tier enemies Iron Skin seriously loses it's viability. Why would I want to use Iron Skin, just to make everything attack me and tear apart my Iron Skin, Shield and Health in a few seconds? On higher level enemies it is almost as much of a suicide button as Volt's Overload.

The only time I ever equip Iron Skin is for Nightmare missions. This is only just in case I get no shield mode, but without vampire mode. And this is only because it adds some shield, not really the intention for Iron Skin I am guessing.

I am sure Iron Skin works wonders as a decoy if you are turtling in Snow Globe on a defence mission, but that was never the intention of the power. I don't want to be a decoy! I WANT TO BE RHINO. RHINO SMASH.

As others have mentioned, Rhino is very much a caster frame now, relying on his 3rd and 4th powers to aid the team, rather than being the go-to tank man. I have formad him a couple of times now just so I can fit your classic "caster" mods on, rather than Iron Skin and a heft Redirection, but hey, that's a past life for Rhino.

Once Iron Skin gets a rework, Rhino truly will be King and on par with Vauban and Nova in my opinion, as it stands it is severely lacking, mainly due to the damage cap. Adding to the damage cap with armour affecting Iron Skin, not sure how much this would help as you are just making a bigger number and adding a few seconds of life to Iron Skin where it really matters.

P.S. If anyone hasn't noticed yet, when using Iron Skin and Vanguard helmet you get a pretty painting of a Rhino's face on your head. Check it out!