Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Gotta be careful with those statistics. The starting 3 are "popular" because you can't play anything else early on (without spending $$ on plat). The raw data about frame usage is skewed.

And Jackal is the first frame most people farm because it is at Venus, which is now the only map you unlock after Mercury, and even before it was low level farming.

Edited by Ithloniel

Unacceptable. Any hard-cap will always be useless at high levels - a fixed amount of damage absorbed does not scale. Are we going to see the cap increased every time new, harder content is introduced, or can we actually see this skill function properly like Ember's does at the moment.

One excellent suggestion I saw was to make Iron Skin act like the Armour stat, but for shields, and simultaneously cause all damage dealt to be dealt to shields [no poison bypass], whereby activating IS would buff your max shields [either a % or flat increase], it would reduce damage dealt to shields [85% reduction at max rank, no focus], and then this effect lasted as long as you had shields left, but shields would not regenerate. Upon reaching 0 shields, IS deactivates and shields are returned to normal at max capacity.

Notso, I believe that this would be the best course of decision for DE, +1, the hard cap is entirely useless in endgame content now.

Not specifically Rhino related, but I would suggest DE to take a look at Steel Fiber. A small change to that particular mod might just be the place to start looking in terms of increased survivability for all 'Tank' frames. :)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

(please note the portion about armor calculations in comparison to the benefits offered by the Vitality mod)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Danakar

Not specifically Rhino related, but I would suggest DE to take a look at Steel Fiber. A small change to that particular mod might just be the place to start looking in terms of increased survivability for all 'Tank' frames. :)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber

(please note the portion about armor calculations in comparison to the benefits offered by the Vitality mod)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Danakar

True True! My steel fiber has been rusting in the shelves for a long time. Although, I think steve took a note about this one in livestream 10. Will wait for it to come. yey! :D

And Jackal is the first frame most people farm because it is at Venus, which is now the only map you unlock after Mercury, and even before it was low level farming.

After U9 , Earth is now under lvl20 , so the second or third famous Warframe will be Trinity ?

I don't think so , I think most people use their warframe because they like it's play-style or skin or whatever...

at least I played Frost for 100↑ hours just because Frost is so cool.

My feedback : 

Rhino Stomp : The new combined skill is awesome. I do agree it should get a little more power but I'm not complaining. It's much better than before. 

Roar : The only thing I would like to have is some sort of indication that I'm buffed. Perhaps a glow (kinda like when you absorb a captive). 

Iron Skin : No timer is what we needed. Amazing! Only problem....please allow us to set the color of the tin foil >.< 

Roar still need some fixes... it's currently subpar compared to other skills with same functionality aka Sonar & Molecular Prime...

Sonar +500% dmg to specific points at 50 energy

Molecular Prime +100% dmg + slow + massive aoe chain reaction at 100 energy

Roar is just +50% dmg for 75 energy...

I'd say lower Roar to 50 energy to make it more viable because atm i use energy only to roflStomp, nothing more...

Roar still need some fixes... it's currently subpar compared to other skills with same functionality aka Sonar & Molecular Prime...

Sonar +500% dmg to specific points at 50 energy

Molecular Prime +100% dmg + slow + massive aoe chain reaction at 100 energy

Roar is just +50% dmg for 75 energy...

I'd say lower Roar to 50 energy to make it more viable because atm i use energy only to roflStomp, nothing more...

I see where you are coming from, I still find Roar very useful, the extra 50% damage just makes my braton prime tear through anything. I use rhino as a gunzerker who can make everything stop for 10 seconds, highly effective.

I can see how a damage buff, say to 100%, would be justified when comparing Roar to other damage buff powers. But, when considering that Rhino has Stomp (which is pretty damned useful as damage at low end, and great CC at high end) and Charge (good CC and mobility if used correctly) and Iron Skin (which at the moment is lackluster, but may/will be looked at again in the near future), I feel that buffing Roar would make him perhaps a little too powerful. 

Once Iron Skin is retouched he will be perfect in my opinion, I still can't see a reason to equip that skill. 

Rhino is a Warframe so fu**ing awesome. I've lost the count of how many times i saved my entire team a*s from "hordes" of infesteds (and a bunch of ancients too) trying to breakthrough our defenses, doing the combo stomp + roar.

The best Warframe so far. I just started to play with Frost now and i'm already missing my Rhino (3 times forma'ed) a lot... hehehehe...

Edited by Jhonrock

I see where you are coming from, I still find Roar very useful, the extra 50% damage just makes my braton prime tear through anything. I use rhino as a gunzerker who can make everything stop for 10 seconds, highly effective.

I can see how a damage buff, say to 100%, would be justified when comparing Roar to other damage buff powers. But, when considering that Rhino has Stomp (which is pretty damned useful as damage at low end, and great CC at high end) and Charge (good CC and mobility if used correctly) and Iron Skin (which at the moment is lackluster, but may/will be looked at again in the near future), I feel that buffing Roar would make him perhaps a little too powerful. 

Once Iron Skin is retouched he will be perfect in my opinion, I still can't see a reason to equip that skill. 

naa i dont want a dmg buff... considering that 50% goes to skills too it would become gamebreaking pumping it to +100% but it surely needs a lower cost OR a longer duration, my .2 cents

Hmm. After the IS nerf, I don't think the Rhino brings anything to the table over a Frost. Am I wrong here?

Maybe give him another tanky ability?

Make Rhino the tank and leave Frost as the battlemagetankthing.

Edited by Lexinator

I like the Taunt effect that was added to Iron Skin, but the way the ability functions right now you barely actually hold any enemy ire. Iron Skin is removed rather quickly in higher level content (not just defense missions).

I've seen a lot of players give suggestions for changes to be made concerning Iron Skin, and I agree something needs to be done about the scaling. It is extremely effective in low level content and nearly useless in higher level content.

A % reduction or scaling the damage iron skin can shrug off with armor are some of the better solutions I've seen. I just hope a solution can be reached somewhat quickly as it is disheartening to see my warframe of choice always having its skills fluctuating in effectiveness due to the constant reworks.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

I think it would be nice if Roar also knocked down enemies, I found that really really useful back when Rhino had Radial Blast.

that's already achieved by Stomp, along with dmg and bigger range :)

Roar's functionality is fine to me, it's just too costly

Sorry if I missed good points on the way here, 28 pages is a lot to read.

Agreed with Phoenix about the cost of roar, and Notso about the scaling thing.

Iron skin still feels too weak to me. I still got melted by a level 43 Corpus moa mob when trying to revive a downed ally. With the increase in enemy stats, I agree with everyone who says that Iron skin should scale with my armor or some other scaling mechanic. 1200 dmg cap just feels too low now.

Also, iron skin's taunt still isn't good enough. I just participated in the vauban alert with my friends as the tank (no Frost unfortunately) and it seemed like I only attracted 50% of enemy aggro in the taunt radius rather than 100%, leading to the artifact getting shot apart although I was standing slightly away from it (but next to it) at all times.

Imo to make Rhino god tier, the iron skin armor scaling and more aggro draw is critical to put him on par with Frost and Vauban.

Edited by Destro6677

Sorry if I missed good points on the way here, 28 pages is a lot to read.

Agreed with Phoenix about the cost of roar, and Notso about the scaling thing.

Iron skin still feels too weak to me. I still got melted by a level 43 Corpus moa mob when trying to revive a downed ally. With the increase in enemy stats, I agree with everyone who says that Iron skin should scale with my armor or some other scaling mechanic. 1200 dmg cap just feels too low now.

Also, iron skin's taunt still isn't good enough. I just participated in the vauban alert with my friends as the tank (no Frost unfortunately) and it seemed like I only attracted 50% of enemy aggro in the taunt radius rather than 100%, leading to the artifact getting shot apart although I was standing slightly away from it (but next to it) at all times.

Imo to make Rhino god tier, the iron skin armor scaling and more aggro draw is critical to put him on par with Frost and Vauban.

Would a return of complete invincibility, with 100% aggro, be so bad if when using Iron Skin you get 0.5 run speed? Emphasis on the tank aspect, but not just roflgodmode?

Would a return of complete invincibility, with 100% aggro, be so bad if when using Iron Skin you get 0.5 run speed? Emphasis on the tank aspect, but not just roflgodmode?

I'm not sure what you mean by complete invincibility, but I do want things to chase me instead of the objective.

I hope that Ability Power (Focus) will be affecting Iron Skin to increase the damage absorbed so that the new helm will have a heavier impact on its consequences. And have a Rhino like way of dealing with Raptor.

Edited by BakaKami

I hope that Ability Power (Focus) will be affecting Iron Skin to increase the damage absorbed so that the new helm will have a heavier impact on its consequences. And have a Rhino like way of dealing with Raptor.

it already does... lol

it already does... lol

Daym wiki dont tell me nothing. Probably miss read it as not affected by Focus. Btw wiki says nothing about this, but is Rhino stomp affected by Power Duriation mods?

Edited by BakaKami