Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

It's a bit early to jump to conclusions about why Ignus and DE have parted ways (though we can infer from Ignus' comment about 'butting heads' that it was less than pleasant) but I think it's better if we keep this civil rather than go on the rampage insulting all of DE's design choices.

This thread shouldn't have been made in the first place. It's started a fire that's not going to be put out easily. If bridges weren't burnt before, they certainly are now.

EDIT: As pointed out by Soulgazer, it really was probably just creative differences.

Edited by Excalibur
Knowledge.

15 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

It's a bit early to jump to conclusions about why Ignus and DE have parted ways (though we can infer from Ignus' comment about 'butting heads' that it was less than pleasant) but I think it's better if we keep this civil rather than go on the rampage insulting all of DE's design choices.

This thread shouldn't have been made in the first place. It's started a fire that's not going to be put out easily. If bridges weren't burnt before, they certainly are now.

Creative differences over the deluxe skin designs.

29 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

I understand that changes are going to have to be made to designs so that it can be put in game, like the super spiky parts, But to just change the helmet like that for basically no reason is just a S#&$ thing to do.

I'm not seeing the justification for the spiky parts being too hard to put in when we got Titania's fluttering butterflies and when Ember's deluxe  honestly isn't that much more spiky than Ash deluxe.

Seems more likely it was about a conflict of ideas than actual rigging issues. That skirt cloth in particular will no doubt clip through holstered weapons like most do, as will the much longer elbow in regard to syandanas, so how it will fit into 3d seemed to be the least of DE's concern.

Edited by UrielColtan

20 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

It's very difficult not to insult DE's choices when these two skins are both in the same category 

Spoiler

Nova_DeluxeSkin_1080p2.jpg

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, Demoonic said:

It's very difficult not to insult DE's choices when these two skins are both in the same category 

Hide contents

Nova_DeluxeSkin_1080p2.jpg

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

There's a difference between insulting, and offering constructive criticism.
While I'm sure DE welcomes constructive criticism, things like "Oh man Nova Asuri sucks" without saying WHY probably get really, really friggin' old.

26 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

EDIT: As pointed out by Soulgazer, it really was probably just creative differences.

I'm glad it was made, I want to know what else DE is messing up so as to save them from their selves and the game from  further decline. Also insulting bad and undesirable design choices and direction is fine and required. The only problem would be in regard to irrelevant personal attacks, because that wouldn't actually address the specific issue.

Edited by UrielColtan

1 minute ago, Excalibur said:

While I'm sure DE welcomes constructive criticism, things like "Oh man Nova Asuri sucks" without saying WHY probably get really, really friggin' old.

if i didnt know anything about this game and someone told me oh man this skin sucks and showed it to me i would immediately know what was wrong. its just plain ugly and doesnt even look like it would remotely fit into the games universe

Man this is sad...your skins designs are some the best things we've seen in the game. My only motivation on getting plats is to buy your skins. Only deluxe skin I didn't get is that Nova urgh. 

Thanks for your work, modified or unmodified. 

To DE, please don't mess up other artists work and design when it's already awesome. 

2 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

I'm glad it was made, I want to know what else DE is messing up. Also insulting bad and undesirable design choices and direction is fine and required. The only problem would be in regard to irrelevant personal attacks, because that wouldn't actually address the specific issue.

Okay, again, there's a difference between outright insulting a design with absolutely zero constructive criticism thrown in ("This skin is ugly" versus "This skin is ugly, here's why"

Like for example, I don't think Nova Asuri as a skin should even...god, should even. The energy arms are the only worthwhile part of the skin. Why does it look like she has tennis balls on her neck? Why are they embedded in her neck instead of floating freely? If you're going to make sashes and cloths fit, then why haven't you fixed clipping issues? Why do her LEGS have tennis balls? WHY DOES IT ALL LOOK LIKE TENNIS BALLS.

I could go on for hours about why I utterly despise the Asuri skin, but there's a difference between doing it constructively and then just going, "Skin sucks bad bad bad bad"

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

doesnt even look like it would remotely fit into the games universe

By that logic neither do the other skins.

Edited by Spot.
Regrets begin with this reply

4 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

Okay, again, there's a difference between outright insulting a design with absolutely zero constructive criticism thrown in ("This skin is ugly" versus "This skin is ugly, here's why"

Like for example, I don't think Nova Asuri as a skin should even...god, should even. The energy arms are the only worthwhile part of the skin. Why does it look like she has tennis balls on her neck? Why are they embedded in her neck instead of floating freely? If you're going to make sashes and cloths fit, then why haven't you fixed clipping issues? Why do her LEGS have tennis balls? WHY DOES IT ALL LOOK LIKE TENNIS BALLS.

I could go on for hours about why I utterly despise the Asuri skin, but there's a difference between doing it constructively and then just going, "Skin sucks bad bad bad bad"

The design is just plain ugly, it doesn't fit Nova at all, nor does it fit with the games art style. Large yellow balls? Whats with the sash? it doesn't fir the skin at all and looks out of place. Don't even get me started on that fly helmet. And the fact that DE considers that skin 'deluxe' is sort of insulting if I'm being quite honest when there's skins by Ignus that look far better than the Asuri already in the game.

Edited by Demoonic

5 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

The design is just plain ugly, it doesn't fit Nova at all, nor does it fit with the games art style. Large yellow balls? Whats with the sash? it doesn't fir the skin at all and looks out of place. Don't even get me started on that fly helmet. And the fact that DE considers that skin 'deluxe' is sort of insulting if I'm being quite honest when there's skins by Ignus that look far better than the Asuri already in the game.

In complete and utter agreement.

26 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

Saying it does not look good is already sufficient enough for reasoning that such design choices are at the very least a bad direction, particularly for those who  have difficulty constructing feelings into very fine detailed description, so still helpful. If glowing praise is all that's required to render skins acceptable though, then the opposite can also be true in regard to an unacceptable skin. I find that we have an even bigger problem though if it isn't very obvious why the Nova Asuri does not gel, as was laid out in multiple prior topics already, to the point that "it's ugly" is all that is required to say in brief, at this point.

Edited by UrielColtan

:/ damn thats disappointing. 

I dont like most of the normal skins. the primary, secondary, and tertiary color locations and their materials are generally off putting. Ivara is a great example of that, she looks terrible with every color combination other than Pure White or Pure Black.  Disappointing your style wont touch some of the goofy looking newer frames... Ivara, Atlas, wukong, limbo, Inaros, nezah, titania, equinox.. ash used to look goofy, hated saryn because of all the Clipping, and Oberon... at least he looks nice now while contributing nothing to the team. 

new skins and cinematic quests are kinda the only things that keep me interested. 

Edited by (XB1)Zebs 3619

For what it's worth, from one stranger on the internet to another, I can very easily appreciate the sentiment of dire passion in artistic work, even if I am not involved in your situation and can't really relate. Art is that way, it's very gripping, which is what makes it so fun... and dangerous. I don't know what happened, and frankly it's none of my business, but I don't really feel as though I'm owed any kind of apology.

Anyway, whatever you do next, I hope I see it, because I quite like what you draw.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

they actually do . his skins have an exotic asian feel which i know the orokin would treasure since they're connoisseurs of anything tasteful and or beautiful. the Asuri skin is certainly not tasteful and far from beautiful 

That's to assume these existed in Orokin time and that's not the point I'm trying to make.

The deluxe skins are intentionally meant to be outside the box designs of what a normal frame should look like. Ugly or not, Asuri accomplishes that, along with the other skins.

Edited by Spot.