The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Rework Suggestion

(PSN)Deception_Pharo

Hello Tenno,

I started to play as Chroma and started to like him due to his theme and survivability in high-level missions, now his most used abilities are in fact 2+3 but his 1 and 4 seems reluctant on him to use. His passive is not even a passive as it's supposed to be ability rather than a passive.

As simple as it sounds, here are my suggestion.

Ability 1 - Tap to change colour based on what you desire and hold to select it. Removing it as a passive and have it as a ability. 

Ability 2 - Remains intact

Ability 3 - Remains intact

Ability 4 - Multiple suggestion below 

First idea - Chroma unleashes a roar that cries out to enemies and provides a buff to allies and debuff the enemies. Chroma BECOMES the sentry granting flight in air and extinguishes out random elements at enemies below. This ability also gains:       

1. enemies take random elemental proc or a chance of combined elemental proc      
  2. allies become buffed and gain a small percentage of Chroma's current armour
  3. gain X2 credit drop from killed enemies
  4. if an ally goes down, a chance to be auto revived
  5. a random chance of ally gains a damage boost if low health                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Second idea - Chroma unleashes a roar that strucks the void and let's fourth elemental thunder damage and destroying enemies around Chroma, also this ability gains:

1. enemies drop X2 credit
  2. enemies become confused due to weather system is tempered 
  3. fog and mist covers the battlefield due to Chroma elemental tempering the void
  4. allies gains slightly higher health regen
  5. chance for 20 secs enemies are highlighted for allies

Third idea - Chroma becomes imbued with destruction and starts to tear apart the enemy by ripping them apart (gore censor is advised), Chroma's sentry joins in and starts to attack enemies, this ability also gains:

Chroma:

1. chroma's vision is slightly reduced to prevent being overpowered
  2. still gains X2 credit
  3. gain armour when an enemy is killed, roughly 2% (can be negotiated
  4. while sentry and Chroma are on the battlefield, enemies are aggroed, allies gains small armour from step .3 but decay slowly if no kill have been achieved by sentry or Chroma
  5. gains armour if allies are revived, assisted in kill or capturing an objective, gain double if objective is under fire and killed those enemies (this supports team play)
  6. sentry gains 1,000 HP more, gains more with strength mods

Passive - should be something that remains throughout the battlefield regardless of mods, weapons and enemies. Example below:

1. when chroma changes element, he gains extra damage, armour, shield, ally buff and enemies debuff based on the element. (I'm not going to specify which ones since it's self-explanatory) example for those, ICE = Armour
      2. every 25 kills gives chroma 5% armour but is distributed evenly with other allies (range 50m)
      3. chroma's armour grows stronger by gaining 25% armour 
      4. certain element unleashes an aura around chroma providing buffs (Super Saiyan)  

Conclusions and other relevant last words

This is just a quick and remaining information that I will put here.

• The sentry base health is 1,000 HP and can be affected by strength mods like in current state
  • armour increase remains intact and can be increased with strength mods
  • the aura last for 15 to 20 seconds after changing elements (doesn't affect allies as only 1 can be a Saiyan)  
  • changing the element for 1st ability is a quick change, the reason its tap to change and hold to select is to make sure you've confirmed your changes and select for its deployment, prevents wrong selection
  • when armour is given to you, a timer is shown when allies are affected
  • 4th ability name is GOD (God Of Destruction)
  • The name still remains sentry as I couldn't think of another name, just the animation is different

This wraps up all from me and as always take care.

This is a work in progress as I may change a few here and there.

nwkkyg.jpg

Notice anything from this image? I was playing as Ice chroma and it happened.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo
Added 4th ability name

I'd like to see them combine abilities 2 and 3 into one power. I use both in conjunction as it is now, so if they did that it could free up a power slot for an alternative to the Pelt's fixed postion with a secondary freedom of a Kubrow Animation and have it act like a companion running at your side.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Could you clarify on this?

basically, as it is now, the moment the abilities run out of time, the buffs are instantly gone...which can be death if they run out at the wrong time. What should be done is a quick..maybe up to 3-4 second degrade over time of the buffs so we still have SOME of it, long enough for us to reactivate the abilities.

2 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

basically, as it is now, the moment the abilities run out of time, the buffs are instantly gone...which can be death if they run out at the wrong time. What should be done is a quick..maybe up to 3-4 second degrade over time of the buffs so we still have SOME of it, long enough for us to reactivate the abilities.

Understood, but that's called managing your energy and abilities. paying attention to your abilities and quickly pressing them again, I honestly don't have a problem with that.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'd like to see them combine abilities 2 and 3 into one power. I use both in conjunction as it is now, so if they did that it could free up a power slot for an alternative to the Pelt's fixed postion with a secondary freedom of a Kubrow Animation and have it act like a companion running at your side.

Lol

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

True, I only used his 4th for CC and credit but that's it, it feels bland and dull and doesn't feel like a 4th ability. After I have enough credit (24mill currently) I don't use it anymore.

Chromas dragon is a sentry unit. It was designed to be and performs as such. There's nothing wrong with the move itself besides your personal boredom with the skill. That's fine but doesn't warrant a rework. But yes the design you were alluding to would be cool.

War-Chaos-Form_zpsb456dbdc.gif?t=1408768

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

26 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Chromas dragon is a sentry unit. It was designed to be and performs as such. There's nothing wrong with the move itself besides your personal boredom with the skill. That's fine but doesn't warrant a rework. But yes the design you were alluding to would be cool

I never said I was bored? What I was saying that it should be more than just a sentry. His sentry mode does feel dull and doesn't offer much other than what I mentioned, there should be a way for a player to use the 4th ability. My rework combats those issue as it offers the same but more dynamic.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

I never said I was bored? What I was saying that it should be more than just a sentry. His sentry mode does feel dull and doesn't offer much other than what I mentioned, there should be a way for a player to use the 4th ability. My rework combats those issue as it offers the same but more dynamic.

They key word though is feel, which is why I said you were bored with it. 

The Dragon itself works as a skill. It offers credits, CC, and damage. While I agree with you on Chromas Spectral Scream, his 4 does its job. Its just not what you want. 

Edit: To be honest with you, your OP doesn't even describe why you want his 4th to be changed. Your only supporting argument is "seems reluctant on him to use", which doesn't quite make sense.

Perhaps you meant, redundant? In any case, I'd like to hear your supporting argument for his 4th to be changed. Where it fails as a skill and how your vision for a rework fills those gaps. Because its dull isn't grounds for a rework.

I like your ideas, here are mine

spectral scream idea

tapping changes color, like you and many others suggested, holding does scream as is in game because thereis a fanbase that likes breathing fire

chroma roars (while exhaling) and an aura grows from him (radius expanding through duration, 1 m per second at base, expands for 10 seconds but onl as you hold the key) all enemies affected by get aggro'd against chroma. let the breath be affected by rifle damage mods, but the procs are locked to colors fire, ice etc.

Elemental ward

since toxin and electric are rarely used perhaps add more utility, toxin gets added parkour boost, similar to Titania and the Telos passive, base is 15% and modded with power strength, electric gets fire rate.

all allies affected by Elemntal ward get 25% of the bonuses chroma does while he is Vexxing. so a 200 power strength chroma activates both 2 and 3. chroma gets +450% damage after losing 100 HP, allies get +175% damage, this stacks with rhino and other buffers. allies take on Chroma's current values- so squishy allies do not need to get hit in order to get buffs.

Vex armor- instead of a straight 30+ seconds of power and then losing everythng- add a degrade period of 2 seconds (increases with power duration, max of 5 seconds). If the ability is recasted within that period then chroma keeps the stats of his last vex period

example: Chroma Vexes 100 scorn and runs out of time. but immediaely afterward the scorn starts ticking downward, after 1 secondd chroma possess 50 scorn. Chroma recasts Vex armor and the degredation tick stops.  chroma can get more vex armor scorn starting at 50 rather than 0.

Effigy: overall I like Effigy, if nothing else it is a fun power. however if you take it to a sortie or a raid it has a hard time being useful. to make it more powerful lets allow chroma to hold elemental ward which will cost more energy but also put on effigy. chroma is free to roams while effigy camps and wards allies, allow the effigy to get vex fury boosts so it does more damage in higher level missions, currently even with high power strength it can take a bit to kill level 60s and higher. allowing effigy to get vex boosts will carry it to sortie levels

add augment that allows chroma to Hold 4 and conscious control goes to effigy, player can hide body before hand to avoid it getting damaged, the abilities Effigy has are now directly controlled by the player. in this state effigy gets 3  abilities, mapped to the differnt attack buttons or power keys, these are all abilities that effigy already has

1 or attack key: REQUIEM- tapping is an exploding ball of whatever energy type, holding is breath that is not affected by range

2 or zoom key/button: SCREECH- defeans enemies within 25 m, stoppping them in thier tracks as they do defeabed animation

3 or quick melee: GALE - knocks back and rag dolls enemies

tap 4, end ability

hold 4 - swap back to chroma, effigy returns to being autonomous

while chroma meditaes on controling effigy, the energy loss per second is reduced by 50%, but each ability costs  25 energy, in higher levels chroma can use the CC abilities while in a Frost bubble, warding allies, giving a scaling teamplay aspect to chroma. in lower levels he can burn,freeze,disease or shock things to death easily, 

also the reactant on chroma is not OP compared to things like  corrupted saryn or mesa, or synoid mirage, or ember

corruption is a wonderful thing- now get 1000% vex armor damage thats fun, but not as high of damage asn sonar banshee, who paints the whole map in sonars that do over 1500% damage when shot and the spread again. doing both together as a random team synergy with a corrupted nova and shooting gallery is just beautiul how big of numbers you will get 

Edited by Cxdfc
fixed Cmp]ared to compared

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

They key word though is feel, which is why I said you were bored with it. 

The Dragon itself works as a skill. It offers credits, CC, and damage. While I agree with you on Chromas Spectral Scream, his 4 does its job. Its just not what you want. 

Edit: To be honest with you, your OP doesn't even describe why you want his 4th to be changed. Your only supporting argument is "seems reluctant on him to use", which doesn't quite make sense.

Perhaps you meant, redundant? In any case, I'd like to hear your supporting argument for his 4th to be changed. Where it fails as a skill and how your vision for a rework fills those gaps. Because its dull isn't grounds for a rework.

That gives a mixed sense since I did mention I've used his 4th for credit farming and minor CC. My opinion still stands as if you're not using those skills more often then there's something wrong, I would try to use them but it doesn't seem like I would on higher levels and waste my energy on a skill that boost credit when I have enough.

Reluctant means unwilling to, so in this state use that skill in different scenario.

My vision is to make the skill more usable, not just having a sentry in the middle and have no interaction with it, my rework sanctions the sentry to move and help the team. Making it dynamic while not restraining it's movement. 

Teamwork

Aggro

Revive

Heal

These are to name a few, also I say sentry is because I haven't thought of a name.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

True, I only used his 4th for CC and credit but that's it, it feels bland and dull and doesn't feel like a 4th ability. After I have enough credit (24mill currently) I don't use it anymore.

I usually find myself using effigy when my team mates are having problem or when i want to lock two spots at the same time, to me it works in almost every mission mode

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

That gives a mixed sense since I did mention I've used his 4th for credit farming and minor CC. My opinion still stands as if you're not using those skills more often then there's something wrong, I would try to use them but it doesn't seem like I would on higher levels and waste my energy on a skill that boost credit when I have enough.

Reluctant means unwilling to, so in this state use that skill in different scenario.

My vision is to make the skill more usable, not just having a sentry in the middle and have no interaction with it, my rework sanctions the sentry to move and help the team. Making it dynamic while not restraining it's movement. 

Teamwork

Aggro

Revive

Heal

These are to name a few, also I say sentry is because I haven't thought of a name.

The sentry already does all of those things except heal. (just to clarify it opens up an opportunity to revive)

I'm really trying to understand what you mean but you still haven't clarified the current shortcomings of the original design. 

Stagnant? Then yes, lets push for an augment that allows the Sentry to follow Chroma. Otherwise, I don't know where you see design flaws. 

54 minutes ago, Cxdfc said:

spectral scream idea

chroma roars (while exhaling) and an aura grows from him (radius expanding through duration, 1 m per second at base, expands for 10 seconds but onl as you hold the key) all enemies affected by get aggro'd against chroma. let the breath be affected by rifle damage mods, but the procs are locked to colors fire, ice etc.

That is a very good idea, but some energy colors should not draw aggro other wise you are forced to build duration for vex armor

Edited by rockscl

6 hours ago, rockscl said:

That is a very good idea, but some energy colors should not draw aggro other wise you are forced to build duration for vex armor

thats the point, range for the fire breath Attack

duration for the scream, because  A large majority mod chrom for duration, so lets cater to that, rather than making it extend with range which only hinders the majority, and end up being nigh worthless becaue forcing people to remove [narrow minded} and hurting the vexing+ward tank builds.

7 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The sentry already does all of those things except heal. (just to clarify it opens up an opportunity to revive)

I'm really trying to understand what you mean but you still haven't clarified the current shortcomings of the original design. 

If you've played as chroma then you would have fathomed the reason why "sentry" isn't great and doesn't require my explanation. As far as why, I don't need to point that out and it's self-explanatory. My idea was heavenly on his 1st ability, and threw in some ideas for his 4th.

2 hours ago, Dark_Roxas said:

You can mix the second abillity with the idea for the first abillity. The third abillity is ok. The fouth abillity is also ok, but maybe need some change to, so you just have to think about a new ability

Seems a good idea, but need to think of a new ability..........

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo