Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one who thinks Archwing Pursuit is very poorly designed?

BetaDude40

Title, basically. Between a ship that moves like 2-4 times faster than the Odonata, shield generator weak-points that are literally as large as a warframe's foot, a massive ship that can somehow turn on a dime quicker than any archwing, and a bunch of really annoying drones and other assorted pieces of crap trying to hurl into you and kill you, I think I've had enough. I can understand if this mission is designed to be somewhat difficult, but there is a huge difference between being difficult and being largely flawed. The target ship is incredibly maneuverable, and just about the only thing that you can do this mission with is the Elytron. Even then, the shield generators are RANDOMLY PLACED on the ship (of all the places to put RNG, why here??) on a ship going like mach 3.

The worst part is: I like the idea of this mission. I could see it being very fun and successful. But right now it's just so bloody frustrating that I can't even bother to complete the SINGLE node where it is.

If you don't understand my frustration, I invite you to go into Pandora, Saturn, with an Odonata and a Corvas, and I want to hear how it went (And if you somehow succeed with that, then mad props to you, because I can't bloody figure it out...).

DE, I like you guys, but this mission could be done SO MUCH BETTER.

3 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

No, it's just not you, you are not alone, fellow Tenno! :3

Thank the Lotus then...

3 minutes ago, Dualstar said:

My only question, is why dont you have the best general-use archgun, the Fluctus?

I'm doing that one next. I need my mastery fodder, after all.

Just now, BetaDude40 said:

I'm doing that one next. I need my mastery fodder, after all.

The Fluctus is anything but mastery fodder.

And in regards as to why i brought it up, the massive projectile (with infinite punchthrough) it fires can sweep most of the pursuit ship, meaning all you need to do is catch the thing on a straight and youll strip it of its shield posts in one salvo.

Am I the only one who thinks Archwing Pursuit is very poorly designed?

let me fix that for you. 

"Archwing is really poorly designed."

ever since they changed the movement I can barely use it, I used to have fun with it  but not you get spun around. end up uspide-down and get lost and such really easy. the map also fails to track correctly as a result as its trying to track a full 3d environment in which you could be flying upside down and not even notice. a lot of people compalin it makes them disorientated and dizzy (myself included) and yet for some stupid reason DE thinks it is fine this way.

as a result I can barely keep up with the ship in the pursuit mode.

it's nothing like the proper 6 degrees of freedom like a ship game would have (eg like elite dangerous) like the promised either.

My only problem with the mission, is the the Mines it drops, they appear to be homing, and just kinda build up, following you and only catching up when you've stopped the ship.

Stopping the ship is supposed to be a moment of triumph, and your opportunity to destroy the shield generators. But instead it's often when you get barraged with explosives that probably end up killing you.

Besides that though, I don't see much of an issue with the mode, I can do it just fine with the Itzal and Odonata Prime. Haven't tried Elytron or Amesha yet.

9 minutes ago, Dualstar said:

The Fluctus is anything but mastery fodder.

And in regards as to why i brought it up, the massive projectile (with infinite punchthrough) it fires can sweep most of the pursuit ship, meaning all you need to do is catch the thing on a straight and youll strip it of its shield posts in one salvo.

I'm referring to the Corvas. It just happened to be the first arch-weapon I could get my hands on other than the machine gun that I hate so much I don't even remember the name of it.

In any case, no mission should be designed so that it's basically a requirement to use a certain loadout. Maybe it's because I'm not a particular archwing fan, but this mission isn't helping me become one any time soon.

I think it is the best archwing mode, you cant call it bad design just because you cant beat it with other arsenal than Elytron, theres a lack of difficulty scaling for this mission tho, there should be pursuit in easier nodes, with less speed and bigger targets by example, but "bad design" in here is used as a cheap cliche.

Wtf i read again and people complains cause they cant keep up with the target, you just press forward plus afterburner and you get in front of it, seriously what are you even talking about.

Edited by rockscl

2 minutes ago, rockscl said:

I think it is the best archwing mode, you ncant call it bad design just because you cant beat it with other arsenal than Elytron, theres a lack of difficulty scaling for this mission tho, there should be pursuit in easier nodes, with less speed and bigger targets by example, but "bad design" in here is used as a cheap cliche.

That's the very definition of bad design.

1 hour ago, Helljack84 said:

That's the very definition of bad design.

Because YOU cant beat it without elytron doesnt mean it is bad design, if you want i cant get into the mission with anything you want and i will clear the objective, you either have a bit of hands or you cheese it with some proper equipment just like the entire rest of the pve game.

Edited by rockscl

17 minutes ago, rockscl said:

Because YOU cant beat it with elytron doesnt mean it is bad design, if you want i cant get into the mission with anything you want and i will clear the objective, you either have a bit of hands or you cheese it with some proper equipment just like the entire rest of the pve game.

Yep. That's arschwing. Bugs and cheese.

I beat Archwing pursuit with the default odonata & the default archwing gun that comes with it. Now, it took me quite a while to figure out what the hell was actually going on, since shooting it did not work, but in the end I figured it out & was able to do it. This doesn't mean it isn't badly designed though, god no, lmao. It just shows that it's possible, though not very fun.

The worst part of this mission for me was just not know what I was *actually* supposed to be doing. "Shoot the engines to stop it" didn't help, because for the longest time I didn't realize that the only way to completely defeat the thing was to shoot the 12 or so tiny indistinct circles that are on the ship. I think Lotus does say something about attacking its weak-points, but how the heck are you supposed to figure out that those little circles are its weak-points when it has engines you can shoot, turrets you can shoot, and a million places that look like weak-points but don't actually damage it? Not to mention you need to seriously get used to the wonky Archwing controls in the first place if you hope to even stay a mile near it. And even then, you bonk your head a lot, miss a lot of turns, and overall need to spend a lot of time catching up because a ship 3 times your size can fly better than you can with your glorified jet-pack.

That said, using the grattler and its explosive ammunition makes this mission much easier. Just shooting in the ships general direction blows it to pieces, well, as close to that as you can get since you need to defend it afterwards. Overall it's definitely a mission that needs to be tweaked.