Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Glast Gambit] General Feedback

[DE]Taylor

Fun quest! the index got a little repetitive, but not too grindy. I hope the first mission of the quest is a taste of things to come in other missions/quests/tiles.

The new infested mission is also pretty fun. Very unexpectedly, RNGsus blessed me with all three Nidus parts in my first three attempts, so that was neat. Ill still play the mission tho just for something new to do -and for relics.

The new melee weapon is sweetness as well. I slapped them on Inaros and felt like i could go all day. The 5k mutagen samples for the clan research is beyond my casual ability, so that weapon is off the table for me as a solo player.

Over all, Great update! Thanks DE!

Why force players to get involved with the infection if they aren't interested in Nidus? Seriously. There is nothing fun about being FORCED into it, changing the looks of our frames against our will. Fix this S#&$. It doesn't look good and there's no reason to have it if you're not interested in the quest.

Edited by Renaldo95Moon
Went a little overboard. Maybe.

I have only one question, when are we going to be able to get riven mods from another source other than sortie rewards, it seems rather hard that we have to hit sorties day after day when out of the MANY riven mods available, we only get one random one. T

hese things are supposed to be common drops in sorties yet I get more uncommon rewards than them -.-

Story quest: 8/10 (Great story, although a bit repetitive due to the Index spam)

Nidus Farm: 3/10 (Please DE, having to farm Warframes (except primes) in Missions suck!)

Weapon additions: 7/10 (Could've been a bit more, also point reduction to the hilarious Hema prices)

Overall: 6/10.

Kinda disappointed...

I'm pretty good with the quest. I'm not so keen on the mutagen cost for the Hema, but that's an eh thing.

What I am NOT good with is the Helmuth infection. It would be fine if it were self-infection only, but having it spread, and having the spread affect your alignment is REALLY frustrating. I actually don't really want to play right now because I don't want to affect my alignment more than it already has been/get any of my other frames affected, especially since there's no way to get rid of it.

Also, it really ruins my Fashionframe, to be perfectly honest. None of my frames are improved by a giant pink cyst growing out of their necks.

I hope you release the cure soon, or at least an inoculation. I don't like having my Operator's 'karma meter' being changed without my input, I don't like being made ill without a way to cure it or guard against it, and petty as it is, I don't like my hard work in making my frames look good being ruined by this giant pink /thing/ on my neck.

A few things here...

Hema requires too many resources on what is a low resource drop for a moderately good weapon. 100% increase, I hope you increase the drop rate of mutegen samples.

The Index missions go on way too long, there's no real spark in difficulty and the conditions later just make it tedious. The 10 points control thing doesn't take into factors of other players able to enter and score above 10 purposely to troll other people, you're expecting a pug to behave when you can easily re-write the mission to not act this way. Whoever greenlit the idea of "Hey, let's make them sit and do nothing so they lose a match!" needs to re-think the meaning of fun. I understand it was done to advance the story, but there are many other ways to re-write the story and still have a mission where you don't sit and do nothing.

Look, even I can write a story that works better. Have the Perrin Sequence guy talk to you, transmission starts breaking up and a bunch of enemies spawn like an exterminate mission. You kill all the enemies and after that, transmission returns to normal and a score is given  like "40-30" for the Corpus side. There, you have something that isn't just Index over and over, the cheating happens, you still have to investigate on a computer cheating mechanism that tampers the scores and win the last game. However, instead we are given the cheating game where we go in and wait it out, seems rather lame.

The increasing credit costs wouldn't be a problem if you properly refund them when a bug or DC occurs. Otherwise, I'm not a fan of people losing over 100k due to errors of the game and not via gameplay like actually losing to enemies. This is why we need dedicated servers for PvE, not users acting as a host or an option for users to opt out of hosting.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Quest is boring as hell, same crap over and over. Didnt even need to do it because I bought Nidus anyway because getting the parts is BS. However, if you do manage to tough it through all of that Nidus is definately worth it. Best frame you guys have ever made. It has something for every kind of player and scales immensely well.

I really liked the quest it gave us some more lore info, showed us another side from the syndicate and to me that didn't participate on the preview index helped me to catch up.

i would like to get things from index more detailed, more info from nidus and even more info from that colony.

anyway thanks DE for bring us another quest right before new year and Christmas.

i wish you all a happy new year

Since the update i can´t deploy a extractor on neptune.

It says i have to unlock all nodes, but none is shown as blue (not played).

I also played two missions of the index and killed the Hyena Pack just to be sure, but still no change.

According to my profile page i am missing five star chart missions, but i can´t find any mission nodes i don´t already completed...

On 12/29/2016 at 0:35 AM, ArcaneSnowdrop said:

I'm pretty good with the quest. I'm not so keen on the mutagen cost for the Hema, but that's an eh thing.

What I am NOT good with is the Helmuth infection. It would be fine if it were self-infection only, but having it spread, and having the spread affect your alignment is REALLY frustrating. I actually don't really want to play right now because I don't want to affect my alignment more than it already has been/get any of my other frames affected, especially since there's no way to get rid of it.

Also, it really ruins my Fashionframe, to be perfectly honest. None of my frames are improved by a giant pink cyst growing out of their necks.

I hope you release the cure soon, or at least an inoculation. I don't like having my Operator's 'karma meter' being changed without my input, I don't like being made ill without a way to cure it or guard against it, and petty as it is, I don't like my hard work in making my frames look good being ruined by this giant pink /thing/ on my neck.

Grow ur infested pet (drain cyst) when startin incubation the cyst will go away

On ps4, have yet to play it but I've seen clips of gameplay. I like that you are adding bystanders to maps now, it adds another layer of depth and life to these maps. Warframe's maps is like a neighborhood but devoid of a families to inhabit it. This to me seems to be your start to adding a family to that home. Well done DE.......Nidus is pretty cool too I guess.

Dear [DE],

The Nidus warframe is great also well thought of. The campaign to get the blueprint on the other hand, for me was really boring and not fun at all. (play index game 6 times?)

bug?: All warframes apart from Nidus grows a cyst out of the neck. I think this needs to be fixed?

The helminth charger:

I got a suggestion that a bunch already pointed out but i want to point it out also in the general topic.

Since when does a turned/infested grineer WITH grineer-armor come out of a kubro egg? + you can place kubro armor on it but does not fit since the charger does not got a head like a kubro.

It would have been cool to see a turned/deformed/infested version kubro coming out of the egg, simple reason that it makes more sense. and does not gives us the feeling that you're using the same content over and over again. (seen enough of the same chargers, just every time other colors)

My suggestion: make an other version charger that is kubro style BUT can also be used as an enemy variant as well that just attacks like other chargers.

By adding more (totally different) versions of infested (without removing the old ones) you will get more the feeling of that infested comes in many forms. Right now it's just the same thing over and over and over again. (just like the nidus index campaign)

I like the idea, but the workout could use a lot more attention.

Additional question: Is there going to be a way or choice to get rid of the infested in your ship? Fun and all but personally and think a few more want a "clean" ship and "clean" warframes. The cyst on the side of all my frames is just defiling, annoying and just plain ugly.

Best regards,

AcedFox

(note: English is not my main language, so pardon me for any mistakes made.)

Edited by AcedFox
text corrections

23 hours ago, AcedFox said:

Dear [DE],

The Nidus warframe is great also well thought of. The campaign to get the blueprint on the other hand, for me was really boring and not fun at all. (play index game 6 times?)

bug?: All warframes apart from Nidus grows a cyst out of the neck. I think this needs to be fixed?

The helminth charger:

I got a suggestion that a bunch already pointed out but i want to point it out also in the general topic.

Since when does a turned/infested grineer WITH grineer-armor come out of a kubro egg? + you can place kubro armor on it but does not fit since the charger does not got a head like a kubro.

It would have been cool to see a turned/deformed/infested version kubro coming out of the egg, simple reason that it makes more sense. and does not gives us the feeling that you're using the same content over and over again. (seen enough of the same chargers, just every time other colors)

My suggestion: make an other version charger that is kubro style BUT can also be used as an enemy variant as well that just attacks like other chargers.

By adding more (totally different) versions of infested (without removing the old ones) you will get more the feeling of that infested comes in many forms. Right now it's just the same thing over and over and over again. (just like the nidus index campaign)

I like the idea, but the workout could use a lot more attention.

Additional question: Is there going to be a way or choice to get rid of the infested in your ship? Fun and all but personally and think a few more want a "clean" ship and "clean" warframes. The cyst on the side of all my frames is just defiling, annoying and just plain ugly.

I can only agree with this post. My question is why after bringing out the awesome "The war within" update. To bring so soon after a half baked update that could have been SO MUCH better.

Things that are out of place or out of order (that cyst thing that seems to be everywhere), poor choices (infested pet, why no original look?), and a long and boring campaign. While the 1st mission in the infested ship was for me exiting to finally see colonists in a game and helping them out, instead of just hearing they're in danger but never seeing them.

This update needs a lot of work in my honest opinion.