Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Glast Gambit] General Feedback

[DE]Taylor

The new mission is Oestrus eris,  I encountered this first tile set, pretty nice look but in my opinion is very very uncomfortable to navigate, looks like open but it is not, because we have to move around too much, is like a interception mixed with survival.

Enemies spawns is broken, we have to do it quick or the towers get destroyed, as well as get the antiserum, so hardly we can keep up with two towers, not because of the destruction but for the little amount of antiserum we get to keep the towers alive (we depend on enemies), IF there would be a limit amount of injectors we need, like excavators with power cells... sorta would be different, or some cap when adding them sow e don't waste what we have, you can only pick up one..

Then I encountered a second tile for this very mission and it was so smooth (but same problem with spawns), maybe too flat but at least the lag wasn't present, we could help other towers better as well as fallen squad members.  The other tile, it looks good yes but gods it need work, is just so uncomfortable it really is, some walls are not even for pakour, it needs a few platforms and a bit more lighting, the more mobile-demanding is the mission more navigation movement-space- we need, is too cramped, I would remove this tile and leave the other in the mean time this is solved, please halp, I like the mission and i wanna actually be able to do it and enjoy it with out spending too much time (or being kick out by the end in rot c... twice)

thanks <3 

Edited by Ssiki
typo

So overall i actually liked the new quest, the first mission and the overall storyline was great imo. Now the Index part... i didn't mind it that much but after reading this thread a bit it seems that is only because i did not encounter any bugs and didn't lose any credits to the index missions, but having to do 3 rounds each mission got tedious pretty fast.

Now to nidus and the new game mode. I like the new game mode overall but i also feel like one round takes too long compared to the other endless mission types. And the one thing that annoys me on this update is the drop chance for the nidus parts. Doing 4 rounds of the new mission to get some useless mod on rotation C... not funny or motivating to try again.

Inaros quest was good, liked the Titania quest as well (not much into flowers) and now this. I consider it to be the worst quest in the game so far. It starts of great with Myconians and stuff, all great and then I'm like wtf Index? And its not just 1-2 times. Think it was 5 matches with 3 rounds each doing same s*** over and over while Glast  & Anyo have a conversation, horrible. Not all that much was explained either. Its not that I'm upset but I am disappointed. I don't know if they didn't have any ideas or was it a time issue do to holidays and all but this feels just like they started making the quest and after the first part said f*** it we'll just tie it in with the index. And if that wasn't bad enough you don't even get the parts from the quest itself but have to do the new defense/survival type mode with elements taken from the elevator part in JV raid and wait till rot c for the part to drop, which is horrendous. In the end I just bought the frame from the market since I have no intention wasting my time with it. If this is how they're gonna make future quests I may not even bother doing them and at that point, well, we'll see. I hope they'll put more effort into the future quests. What's the bard quest going to be like? Are you going to torture us by having us sit through a 5hr singing competition between corpus and grineer? *sigh*

I have no idea how you think the farming for Nidus is anywhere near acceptable. Except for Equinox this is probably the most painful Warframe to get, nay, I will say it is the most painful to get, because at least Tyl Regor is a fun boss fight. Nidus requires you to play an unpleasant game mode, for far longer than needed. (An average of roughly 60 runs). and on top of that you lock the Infested Door behind getting Nidus. What a kick in the balls that is. All that work, all those credits and effort, just for you to say "Nah, no shiny for you, give us money." Because let's be honest, that's what this is. I haven't seen such a blatant attempt to discourage people from playing your game ever before in my life, and that disappoints me.

I thought you were better than that, but with how you guys have been acting lately, how much you've been dropping the ball on things, I've lost confidence in you. I will be keeping my money to myself until you improve things, because you don't deserve my money for wasting my time, and patience.

I just don't understand why DE alsways takes it too far. Like the Snowball thing. Why 10 Minutes. 5 would have been great and Fun. 10 ist tendious.

The quest starts great, i really liked the first mission and the whole thing with the pictures. But then a whole bunch of Index games and if someone screws up (like in this 10 points bogus) you loose money... And you have to play it again and again and again... Loosing money is loosing time, because you have to farm it again, it doesn't matter if it's much or a small amount. Loosing time is always bad. This is just *insert swear word*

If the Index was two matches, with  two other missions like the first ones, like rescuing the children, kick Nefs &amp;#&#33; or whatever, but this Index thing again was too much. It was a overdose.

In short, the quest was a nice try, but failed miserably. 

Love the concept of new weapons with innate healing. I don't have them on hand yet so I cannot attest to how effective this healing is (I cannot comment on nydus either since I don't have him yet). Price for the sparring weapons are fair. Research cost for the rifle is ridiculous. 5k mutagen samples is a tad too high. I would say it needs to have another 0 taken off.

I don't like the concept of the new mode. It's literally the most boring part of the Jordas Verdict and yet another mode where we have to stay in one spot and play turret, next to defense ,mobile defense, and interception. It would be nice to have a new game mode that is less static. A timed exterminate/capture would have been much more appreciated.

As for the quest. Narrative and character building are great but it's not fun to play. I loved the characterization of the perrin representative as an entrepreneur with a big heart, how Lotus' love for children can make her do/say some questionable things, and the story behind the colony. The quest starts off quite strong. The colony is refreshing to see and actually feels quite populated, so well done on that part. After that the quest hits rock bottom rather quickly. Playing 4 or 5x3 rounds of the index in a row with the same weak enemies on the same two tiles with a spy throw in the middle is boring and repetitive as hell. The spectre AI is dumb as rocks as usual so I went with pubs which was fine at the start. We steamrolled Nef until I hit the mission with a 10 margin limit. I understand the concept behind it. It's sort of an attempt to stop us from rolling over Nef's team. But it's so open to trolling. Nef's team is so weak that they barely ever score in a pub which means that a team with brains will score 5-8 points then defend their own base to prevent nef's team from ever scoring. This also means that any troll or rock for brain's player can deposit 3-5 points at the last second and fail the mission. At at the cost of a 100k+ credits a run, I would imagine that is too steep for a lot of players. Thankfully the missions were easy enough for me to solo after 2 losses in pub games and with 96 million credits in the bank, credit cost doesnt matter to me. As for the last choice, well. It should be made very clear in TWW that sun =/= good and moon =/= bad. I can see how easy it is for players to make that misconception and based on which choices in TWW were sun and which were moon. However, based on the info we are given in this quest the sun choice certainly is not the good choice given the implications of what will happen to the colony if they don't have their special thing.

Edit: Yeah. After several rounds as a desecrate Necros in the new game mode... F*** the new game mode. I've never made it to rot B without at least 2 terminals dead. Enemy spawns are uneven across the terminals and the drop chance of antiserum may as well be 0. If this isnt a blatant attempt to frustrate players into buying Nidus for plat, I don't know what it is. Especially since the fix is as simple as changing the serum droprate value which should have been done immediately after it was apparent this was an issue. Good to see how DE hasnt changed in their attempts to screw over the playerbase as long as possible. Sad part is, I'd bet good money DE is going to "fix" this right after the weapon/warframe sales peak dies off and players are still going to sing to the high heavens how considerate and wonderful DE is and how much they listen to their playerbase.

Also played for over 3 years and some 1.3k hours played, a good part of which was farming infested for xp, I don't have the 5k mutagen samples for the ghost clan infested rifle. Good job killing this weapon for anyone running a solo clan or a dead clan. I wonder if this is going to get "fixed" later too. 

Edited by ADirtyMonk

1) MAKE YOUR UI WORK. Not being able to see the timer because it hides behind changing UI elements is a FANTASTIC issue.

2) Make the AI not pick up index points on the "Can only win by 10" one because it makes it a nightmare to keep the right numbers in the right places.

3) Don't make us play the same damn mission a MINIMUM of 18 times. Assuming bugs don't happen, bullS#&amp;&#036; last second deposits don't happen... because then you have to do it ANOTHER THREE TIMES. Which is DOUBLY bad when its got the unfun modifiers.

4) Sort out the random damage spikes from freaking nowhere.

5) Sort out your netcode so that friends can actually help out. Not everyone has control over their routers, especially with Christmas meaning some of us are forced into spending it with our less nerdy families.

6) Sort out progression stopping bugs! I don't want to have to play mission 5 however many times because it refuses to update

7) Make the speeches shorter. They're a pain the first time, and just horrible afterwards

Edited by SolarDwagon

As much as I love the overall setting/idea of the quest and also the first mission, I wont finish the quest. After loosing on the index part a few times (no they didnt kill me or anything, they just kept racking up a higher score and also tied a few times) I lost too much money to care for the quest anymore. Overall I would rank it as one of the worst quests at the moment.

My experience with the quest was quite repetitive and very boring.

The only thing that I enjoyed doing from the quest was that one spy mission.

I felt like I was doing the same thing over and over and over again, it's just not that exciting.

As for the new infested salvage mission, it was extremely confusing for me at first, its execution is just so bad, armor degration is too fast, health loss for the mission is extremely annoying and I can't even maintain the three vaporizers due to awful drop rates of infested enemies when I'm with multiple players.

Overall: I'm extremely disappointed with the new quest and the mission.

After the little rant against the attempted "revitalization" of clan content through the Hema, the rest of the update was fairly good.

With the fact that I'll never touch the Hema in its current state out of the way, I can get to the good stuff.

The script for the quest could have done better, but it did offer a self contained story which is still worth it. The exploration of the Tenno's newfound freedom is an interesting take, and I can't wait to see what else is in the pipeline.

As for Nidus, his kit is gorgeous both mechanically, and especially visually with his ultimate's grove presenting the infestation in a different light. Even his interaction with the orbiter brings new information on what the infestation and the Tenno truly are.

Despite dropping the ball into oblivion on how a clan should be viewed, 19.5 generally has more pros than there are cons; but, that doesn't change the fact that I want to deck someone over taking one step forward, and a couple dozen back in regards to player and resource distribution within the game world.

P.S. Praise Sinclair for managing to get the foliage tech out in time for use with Nidus.

Edited by PhiZero

Personally i like the new quest BUT only when it comes to the lore and back side story for the syndicate fraction.

The first mission was awesome and it was something that i really wanted to see for a long time.But everting els after was boring and repetitive and it got worst thanks to the 100k+ waigers in order to start the missions which were so easy that it made it feel like a total waste of time to do.Also like aways after the end of the quest theres no information as to where you can get the parts for the new frame,seriously how hard is it to get a message in the inbox from the Lotus with that kind of information.

And in the end after the repetitiveness we get to do the new salvage mission which is like a interseption + excavation type mission which sadly gets boring and repetitive(what a surprise) really fast thanks to the wait for rotation C on which you get the "chance" of getting the warframe part or you just get some random common mod.

Edited by Heiven

I am in the middle part of the quest, when Nef cheats on you once and Glast claims that is not normal. I must say I am hating this quest, if you fail you lose a lot of credits, if you forfeit you lose a lot of credits, and if your game crashes YOU LOSE CREDITS: The annoying part is the last one because for some reason it crashed three times during the announcer breaks between rounds. For some reason the next round would not proceed and I had to close the game. Which means I lost credits and failed the mission. The thing is unplayable for me right now.

The new mission " Infested Salvage" is in a weird place atm, we get nice reward for completing it but to complet it we need Rng to be on our side, because the tileset with the reactor kinda sucks compared to the other tileset that is smaller and flatter, being musch easier to comple;

Completing the  Infested Salvage  it a chanlange of is one, first injector drop rate is to small, or there are to little enemys, the tower and our armor decay to fast

Enemys spawn rate is a bit strange, in my first run i was overwelmed by the amount of enemys and could matain the three tower on max injector, but them in all the other runs i got almost no spawn, like, a  pack of enemys every so often making it harder or near to imposible to complet the mission

DE, Please fix this i want NIDUS so Fliping much and that is making near to get him,so again DE, Please fix  Infested Salvage

I enjoyed the quest. It was interesting to see how "normal" people live in regular colonies and to fight alongside them in the first mission. The other missions weren't anything special, but I really enjoyed the dialogue. 10/10, would listen to Anyo's pleading sobs again.

The new game mode, however, is a mess. Leaving aside the fact that it's just a sequence from Jordas Verdict taken as is, and not even a truly new mode, it's completely raw. There are bugs, and it severly needs some balance tweakings, not even particularily big ones - fix enemies spawning points, allow the whole team to pick the anti-serum drops instead of one person per drop, maybe up the drop rateof anti-serum a bit, and it will work.

This quest is a big FAIL.First of all the quest consists of Index missions.There is no real story,not very fun and it is very time consuming.First part is more than ok but all of Index after...ughh.Second farming for new warframe parts in this most broken,bugged,brainwashing, boring mission ever made,called Infested Salvage is what made me leave this negative comment.

To drop my two cents here.

Pros: The quest was short and not that bad. The first part was very nice, the index quest was repetitive (as are all warframe quests so far) although the dialogue did make it barely with a bit of reasoning behind why we're doing it so much. Also I believe DE stated this is the actual Debut of the Index and what we had before was a preview, if i'm not mistaken. So, i'm not bothered too much the way it turned out.

Cons: There's absolutely no lore for Nidus other than being a relic of the colony. Missed opportunity IMO. Nidus somehow needs Kuva to build? Really?? I understand you made this new farm-able resource but this makes absolutely no sense for a regular warframe to need kuva without any explanation as to why. Secondly, farming Nidus parts is a goddamn pain and should have been part of the quest following the decision made concerning the girl (which has absolutely no repercussions or follow up) the mission type is inconsistent with spawns and injector drops and the rewards for rotation C are abysmal besides the Nidus drops. 

IMO the quest should have continued after the index prompting the tenno to make a decision for the girl and following that give us insight into how they go about taming and harvesting infested parts or whatever it is they do - which would obviously be due to having access to Nidus' blueprints - thus assisting them would reward the blueprints. Instead you give us some mindless grind mission.

Honestly, DE I get you guys need to push new content and do certain things to keep the cash coming in but this was poor. I love you guys and this game but this is becoming frustrating with every bit of new content that comes out you repeat the same mistakes, create new problems without fixing the old ones and clutter the game with crap. 

That was not a quest. That was a grind-fest not unlike the Syndicate crap where you pour in hundreds of thousands of credits and sometimes difficult to obtain prime parts (minus them). I understand the thinking to pretty much, "Hurrdurr, theysa like the christmas TDM so much, let's do it again with zero challenge, AND burn a hole in their pocket!" The whole "Arena" thing is utter trash and at the very least needs to be thrown back to the drawing board. 

Worst yet, you basically made us shelve out a S#&amp;&#036; ton of credits for a @(*()&#036; BLUEPRINT! Not several different parts we can build, but just the bloody blueprint. If this were a movie release, I'd want my money back. In fact, give me back my @(*()&#036; hundreds of thousands of credits. That quest wasn't worth a zoddamn cent and it takes me hours to build up a decent income when I have the time. I'm not kidding. The "reward" isn't worth that much wasting of time, and I need all my credits for more important things.

Seems the antiserum dissapears over time as well.. ugh. I am trying really hard with this mission. on Rot c got so far; 80 endo, strech, punch thru, vital sense and crashes.

Why didn't we get the Nidus parts along quest? At least make the drop like 200% sure! on rot B-C.