Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did any of you playtest the new Infestation Salvage mode?

NoelleAllogene

Here's what I think about this new mode (which basically combining Survival and Defense):

- Injector dropped too few.

- HP dropped too fast once you stepped out of the safe bubble, 150 hp/ 2 sec... or so. Seriously? My 850 HP Nekros downed so fast.

- Safe bubble shrink too fast.

- Lotus sorting the manifest too slow.

- To get Nidus, you have to wait until rotation C, which needs an insane amount of play time (especially if you're only defending 1 computer)

- Speaking of defending, there's no way you can defend 3 computers at once. You can, but since the Injector dropped too few, the progression bar stalled.

Edited by dataman88

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

zenistar disc in middle, restore armor when below 20% and just run between each station.

i managed to keep all 3 up fine c_c

thing is, that requires a special item that not everyone have.

It's like saying to tank a boss that deals 500 damage/sec, you just need a "Megahealing staff" that restore 600 hp/sec, which is an ultra rare item.

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

zenistar disc in middle, restore armor when below 20% and just run between each station.

i managed to keep all 3 up fine c_c

alone btw

Hemmo, good i know you are a patologic liar ;9

-

it would be fine if the drops would give an avrg. enough for 2 of the 3 stable, balancing reasons, but atm its barely one ...

While I find the mode easy, I have to agree on how tedius it is. Even in a squad of 4, even though we had enough antiserum... it just took so goddamn long. Jesus christ. They should cut the time a bit, maybe at 3/4ths of what it is right now. And, really, Rot C for a chance at a Nidus part? DE, are you trolling us again?

Just now, dataman88 said:

It's like saying to tank a boss that deals 500 damage/sec, you just need a "Megahealing staff" that restore 600 hp/sec, which is an ultra rare item.

well i'm sure ember, equinox or maybe banshee can do the exact same (even more effectively) zenistar is just what i happened to use cuz i di not want to enter the mission first time with squishy frame but when as inaros to find out if there were any huge dangers i needed to know off c_c

1 minute ago, dataman88 said:

it's not that, i'm getting a feeling that it drops more antiserums the less players there are in the mission, hence a full group is atrocious while solo it's a cakewalk

1 minute ago, dataman88 said:

Welcome to a number (not all) of recent WF Alerts. 'This mission is extremely difficult - Oh, unless you have Loki, in which case you just spam Invisibility and have a nice day' or '5,000-health Inaros FTW'. I get that the more WF there are, the more likely it is that one will have some ability that makes a given Alert easier.  It's still frustrating.

Yeah its.... buggy at best. I found enemy spawns were terrible and anti-serum drops were incredibly low while in a group, yet in solo I could maintain up all 3 computers at times and the infested didn't tend to bug out in random rooms as much. I also encountered a neat bug where my armor stopped degrading for some reason and I didn;t need to stay inside bubbles.

Not really sure how I feel about this as a game mode. Even without the bugs its.... meh.

8 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

it's not that, i'm getting a feeling that it drops more antiserums the less players there are in the mission, hence a full group is atrocious while solo it's a cakewalk

It sure seems like it. I had better luck solo then in a full group. Gonna run them solo till things are fixed.

25 minutes ago, bl4ckhunter said:

Can confirm, soloing work best atm since you get enough drops to keep all three stations above 90% with relative ease.

It is still incredibly boring, tedious and not fun at all.

Whoever decided to put Nidus behind this RNG wall deserves to be fed a spoonful of live bullet ants for dinner. 

Edited by Reifnir

27 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Can confirm, soloing work best atm since you get enough drops to keep all three stations above 90% with relative ease.

It is still incredibly boring, tedious and not fun at all.

Whoever decided to put Nidus behind this RNG wall deserves to be fed a spoonful of live bullet ants for dinner. 

yep its easier to solo and get 2-3 stations alive, i dont know if i had bad luck, but most of the  random pubs i had, we had terrible low enemy spawn rates, almost no drops of serum etc.

Also the tile set with the huge holographic image in the middle is awful...seriously everything is way to dark, then we have way to many bright  graphical effects making my eyes bleed, awful mob spawn locations....that tileset is cancer

Edited by minidelight

1 minute ago, minidelight said:

yep its easier to solo and get 2-3 stations alive, i dont know if i had bad luck, but most of the  random pubs i had, we had terrible low enemy spawn rates, almost no drops of serum etc.

Also the tile set with the huge holographic image in the middle is awful...serioulsy everything is way to dark, then we have way to many bright  graphical effects making my eyes bleed, awful mob spawn locations....that tileset is cancer

Nope, had the same experience.

And on top of that, most spawns happen in one place, f.e. at Point A, while point B and C will have 1-2 enemies spawn, making it harder to keep them up
I'm already so turned off from this mode...

I think this mission is a great idea, great concept, with an abysmal execution. As said already:
The mission progress is way too slow compared to the antiserum drop rate. Either the mission should make it that maintaining vaporizers is difficult but rewarding, or the antiserum should drop in sufficient quantities for everything to be safe.
The armor degradation is completely random when compared to the rest of the game. It is an ad hoc mechanic that doesn't fit with warframe's design. Staying outside of the bubbles should simply deal continuous damage, especially considered that armor currently drops extremely fast with not initial safe havens. Finding these "sage spots" is entirely luck based, since it requires an antiserum.

I'm sorry to say it like that, but the mission is completely stupid, and I hope for improvements.

i'm able to snowball all 4 rounds with all 3 bubbles maxed after a bit of struggle at the start of the mission, playing solo with ember... but... depending on the map... @(*()$ mobs can get stuck so far away at their spawn location that they are not even coming to the arena itself, making it extremely hard to run even 2/3 consoles

This mission should either be made to go faster or grant you one reward per saved console giving you one of each rotation (A,B,C) if you manage to save all 3.

At this point it takes forever to get to C and then you still have to hope RNG doesn't show you the middle finger.

Edited by Kawalorn

I had to abort the last one, because infested simply refused to spawn.

Also the safety bubble is so damn bright that I can't really see anything because if it. It's not a big problem with the map, where all three nodes are at the same level, but the other one where the nodes are far from each other on a different level... I was struck at the C node, because I didn't found my way out. And kept dying, because infested refused to come, so I didn't get enough antiserums the bubble dissapeared and I died and had to quit because I ran out of revives. It's not much fun.

Also the armor decays so fast, that by the time that the mobs finally drop some serums the armor is almost completely gone.

EDIT:

Seems like that sometimes you have enough mobs, and sometimes doesn't. I do this quest with my clanmate (didn't tried solo). Once out of three, there was not enough infested on the other two occasions there's no problem.

Edited by kicsikorte