Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Anything New That You Find Out About The Infested Room [The Infection Spreads Through Player Contact In Missions & Dojos!]

LascarCapable

1 hour ago, prot0mega said:

Whew, got 3 of my most used frames infected, but at least I still have some decent backups on the roster. Guess they are getting sealed in armory until DE come back from holiday and do something about it.

Solo only mode engaged. :|

Only one so far, but from now on I'm gonna behave like a complete jerk towards the infected public.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTaGZ4TOE6khmV-ojh6Bv

What if. The infested baited us to build this Warframe that would act like a trojan to #1. Gain knowledge on how warframes work and why they reject the hive mind. And #2. Infiltrate the ship to get in contact with a long cut off entity.. Helminth calls the Tenno "Void Demon" while calling the "Trojan" Warframe Nidus master.. likely referring to the hive mind it had been disconnected from so long ago that resides inside the frame. And that room? Could have been a Tennos sleeping quarters/bedroom. Bed, shelfs, a PC as a form of communication/school. Now the infestation has a understanding of the Warframes and that growth I think will soon allow the hive mind to take the Warframe from our control and use them against us... God help us if this is true..

23 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

What if. The infested baited us to build this Warframe that would act like a trojan to #1. Gain knowledge on how warframes work and why they reject the hive mind. And #2. Infiltrate the ship to get in contact with a long cut off entity.. Helminth calls the Tenno "Void Demon" while calling the "Trojan" Warframe Nidus master.. likely referring to the hive mind it had been disconnected from so long ago that resides inside the frame. And that room? Could have been a Tennos sleeping quarters/bedroom. Bed, shelfs, a PC as a form of communication/school. Now the infestation has a understanding of the Warframes and that growth I think will soon allow the hive mind to take the Warframe from our control and use them against us... God help us if this is true..

I don't think Infestation is powerful enough to outstand the power of Operator.Especially after War within when Tenno became much stronger in controling his Void powers and Warframes.Hell,Tenno doesn't  even need Transference device anymore.

9 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

I don't think Infestation is powerful enough to outstand the power of Operator.Especially after War within when Tenno became much stronger in controling his Void powers and Warframes.Hell,Tenno doesn't  even need Transference device anymore.

Could it be something to try and infect the Tenno directly? I know the Tenno say they are immune to the infestation but could it be they are referring to the Warframe in the environment that is immune?

5 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

Could it be something to try and infect the Tenno directly? I know the Tenno say they are immune to the infestation but could it be they are referring to the Warframe in the environment that is immune?

They say "we" so I assume that means"yes" in French, but when they say "we" they are referring to both them and the Warframe.

The Warframe however, can be filled with infested flesh and be piloted by it and even use its abilities too, as seen from Mesa in the Patient Zero quest.

9 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

They say "we" so I assume that means"yes" in French, but when they say "we" they are referring to both them and the Warframe.

The Warframe however, can be filled with infested flesh and be piloted by it and even use its abilities too, as seen from Mesa in the Patient Zero quest.

But I think when Warframe is in control of Operator,they are immune.

29 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

On second thought.. it could be possible.. Warframes are no different than any of the infested weapons. Pull a trigger and they react by shooting. Warframes trigger is basically void energy with commands to trigger walking/jumping/fighting. Warframes aren't some Void creation with a special adding towards Tenno connectivity. They only have a component that allows such input to happen. They are just metal puppets, an infested puppet.. cut the strings and what do you have? An infested puppet. Add some new driver, an infested controlled puppet.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

That might be the case actually.

But even if the operator isn't in control, the Warframe itself still moves and acts in order to protect the operator.

Maybe its so kind of defense system built in Warframe.And also it works only if tenno life is in danger,that's why Frame didn't react at all for Queen trying to take control over Tenno body

2 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

That might be the case actually.

But even if the operator isn't in control, the Warframe itself still moves and acts in order to protect the operator.

Did it really move on its own? I'm guessing in a act of desperation, the choking Tenno managed a connection with the Warframe much like we do now effortlessly and in survival broke/pulled the sword out.

7 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

On second thought.. it could be possible.. Warframes are no different than any of the infested weapons. Pull a trigger and they react by shooting. Warframes trigger is basically void energy with commands to trigger walking/jumping/fighting. Warframes aren't some Void creation with a special adding towards Tenno connectivity. They only have a component that allows such input to happen. They are just metal puppets, an infested puppet.. cut the strings and what do you have? An infested puppet. Add some new driver, an infested controlled puppet.

Not quite just a simple machine.How did Warframe managed to break Hunhows Sword when stalker was about kill Tenno? I think its their defence system to protect tennos life at any cost.Or they are simply alive.I red somewhere that link between Warframe and Tenno can be possible thanks to some kind of infested technology in Warframe.Link is based on way how infested are communicating between them or something like that.

Edited by Verrenen

24 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

We also can note something:

Infested share an Hive mind, which means they have some form of wireless, cognitive communication that allows instant feedback regardless of distance.

Does this reminds us of something?

There is probabky a reason why warframes are made of Infested Flesh, instead of anyother material.

Because, maybe, the transference used prior to The War Within was nothing more then an overwriting of the hive mind with the tenno mind.

23 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

Not quite just a simple machine.How did Warframe managed to break Hunhows Sword when stalker was about kill Tenno? I think its their defence system to protect tennos life at any cost.Or they are simply alive.I red somewhere that link between Warframe and Tenno can be possible thanks to some kind of infested technology in Warframe.Link is based on way how infested are communicating between them or something like that.

So in a way, a smaller hive mind net work your suggesting? I could take that theory. I myself think the Warframe in the 2nd dream acted though a desperate reach from the Tenno into his deeper unknown power we later discover in TWW. Remember, warframes are built, not grown. They have a system in them. And any system can be hijacked. Not dissing your theory, I love this discussion so far. Just stating my understanding and if anything is wrong on my end, I'd like it to be corrected or tested by other theories and facts.

The Topic is not on "Are warframe sentients or not" even if the answer is Yes. To explain it , it's more like "The Tenno is the Tenno, The Tenno is the Warframe,  The Warframe is the Tenno, The Warframe is the Warframe. A Warframe without a Tenno link is not really dead or inactive. They both exist apart from each others but exist as the same being under the link. Take a look on Rhino P Codex.

Can Warframes be infected by infestation ? Funny to say that since  they are MADE of infestation,  infested flesh etc. Which is also a reason why we can communicate with some infested ( Phorid, Lephantis, Helminth )

I don't think we got in contact with the whole Hivemind yet, not like Alad V was at least.

For the rest, I Hope DE will do things correctly, unlike Nidus in my eyes,  Don't trust I don't like Nidus,  he's a strong, reliant, niche frame, cool looking with great skill sets that fit it in some ways, but not what I was expecting for something as gross as the infestation.

I was hoping for something less humanoid more beast like. TWW teached us that we can have a link with non humanoid creature, like golden maws from the quest. So why not a more primal warframe look ? I mean, isn't it a relic from the OLD war anyways ? Even in robotic, people  tend to go toward quadruped / Non human looking robots IRL and IG before attempting to do anything more accurate ( Orokin and Korpus go for Moa / Jackals / Zanuka / Hyenna ,  Infested tend to go  usually more toward  quadruped units,  chargers, in greater number than the others, and the oldest is a triped creature )

I hope some augments will be able to let us choose to go that way.

I don't really believe "Helminth Charger" is a thing, it seemed pretty photoshoped for a "datamined" thing, But I hope it will allow us to alter the shape of our warframe in any way.

12 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

So in a way, a smaller hive mind net work your suggesting? I could take that theory. I myself think the Warframe in the 2nd dream acted though a desperate reach from the Tenno into his deeper unknown power we later discover in TWW. Remember, warframes are built, not grown. They have a system in them. And any system can be hijacked. Not dissing your theory, I love this discussion so far. Just stating my understanding and if anything is wrong on my end, I'd like it to be corrected or tested by other theories and facts.

That also make sense,but because I like Warframes so much I can't see them as just a simple machine.Other theory there was Lotus took control over Warframe and break the Sword and Hunhow with it.

1.She is the daughter of Sentient Hunhow(How the hell did that thing can create somenthing so human looking,I mean hunhow looks like a giant F***.ing crab) so she knows how to stop him.

2 She was there right after Stalker dissapear and Hunhow is dead? maybe just vanished.

3.She teached us how to use Warframes,so she might know how to control them.

12 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

That also make sense,but because I like Warframes so much I can't see them as just a simple machine.Other theory there was Lotus took control over Warframe and break the Sword and Hunhow with it.

1.She is the daughter of Sentient Hunhow(How the hell did that thing can create somenthing so human looking,I mean hunhow looks like a giant F***.ing crab) so she knows how to stop him.

2 She was there right after Stalker dissapear and Hunhow is dead? maybe just vanished.

I think it's fair to say Lotus, to some degree, can hack a Warframe or some of its system. She did surge its systems in the opening and she tried to do it to Mirage in the lore.

5 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I think it's fair to say Lotus, to some degree, can hack a Warframe or some of its system. She did surge its systems in the opening and she tried to do it to Mirage in the lore.

Still didn't "build" Mirage quest,but Im tempting to try it.I heard a lot of good about this Frame

13 minutes ago, Verrenen said:

1. She'd had many many lonely years to put on some makeup. I'm sure she made herself look more like us so as not to stir up any war memories.

2. That was only a fragment of his conscious. Hunhow is still very much alive. You can see his whole self in the 2nd dream cinematic where Stalker gets the sword. Just look out that window.

3. The Warframes are reacting to the void energy transferance. I'm sure Lotus can't use a Warframe as void energy is deadly to her kind.

Anyway, we are derailing slightly from the main topic. Myain goal was to make note we could be looking at a potential Warframe hijack with this strange virus. If Mesa could be controlled then what keeps our connection to the frame could be over written and we face our own weapons.. Only time will tell. For now I'd try not to get all my frames infected and try to minimize sharing with the likes of the Tennobaum spirit.

12 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

I was worried about what I would do once 24hrs passed after entering the door only to find out my loki, the one I use for the nidus part runs, was fully infected. So for a week I will log in for the reward and log out.

oh god dude.

its just a bump on the neck with sure lore consequences.

Why does that make you so upset to the point of refusing to play the bloody game?

I just remembered 

DE said that Nidus got nothing to do with the infested door but here we are where only Nidus can open it, only Nidus can get stabbed by chair, Nidus is the start of a new mechanic (new pet) and only Nidus can spread it 

WE BEEN LIED TO 

well tbh not first time :p

Edited by (PS4)kamil_demon

10 minutes ago, kasalaba said:

Not if it changes my alignment. Then its more than just a bump on the neck.

DE already mentioned that you'd be able to change your alignment further.

I doubt they'd be so stupid as to only allow said change to be one directional, so I believe you can be pretty confident that you'll be able to change it back later.

and that's admitting it's even changing. Some people report it does, others don't

15 minutes ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

I just remembered 

DE said that Nidus got nothing to do with the infested door but here we are where only Nidus can open it, only Nidus can get stabbed by chair, Nidus is the start of a new mechanic (new pet) and only Nidus can spread it 

WE BEEN LIED TO 

well tbh not first time :p

And maybe he will be the only one that can use him

Just now, tnccs215 said:

DE already mentioned that you'd be able to change your alignment further.

I doubt they'd be so stupid as to only allow said change to be one directional, so I believe you can be pretty confident that you'll be able to change it back later.

and that's admitting it's even changing. Some people report it does, others don't

It's a bit buggy for now.