k05h

Question

Here are my numbers:

• 25 waves ODD
  • double ressource booster
  • 2 Hydroids (pilfering swarm), 1 Nekros, 1 speed nova
  • 258 mutagen sample 
  • 20 minutes

Without an active booster I would have gotten only 129 mutagen samples.

I do not want to get too deep into maths but I would need to run this 20 times with booster and 40 times without booster to get 5000 samples. Best case would be just 6 hours farming with booster and 12 hours without booster.

Edited by k05h
typo

7 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

indeed, is just that I indentified with the poster of the reddit, as a solo warlord, in that he only took 242 for himself, because apparently the others were randoms, so I got left with the idea that he made only 242, an as a stubborn lone player I can´t count on that number, and I don´t play that many hours that justify buying boosters.

So is gonna be a long, lonely farm for me, I would particularly like that the resource appear in more places and that I could put an extractor in other place beside eris.

8 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

A ghost clan is a max of 10 people so 500 per is enough. clan research is designed around multiple people contributing  so yes you being on your own and trying to build something that is meant for more then 1 person is hurting yourself

Again one man clan, AFTER another one died, though at this point you just won't get how a 5k MS research cost at the lowest possible prices can be a problem for ANY clan.

And the research is 5k whether it's one or ten.  So I have to farm another 3.7k samples to start research.  So no it's still not "500 per clanmate" when you consider that it entails a full, active clan, which is a hilarious generalization of ANY clan in this game at this point.

Also they upped the cost of research by more than ten times.  So no it's still firmly DE who screwed up on the cost estimations.

I was able to build my entire dojo, forma costs and all, by myself in a couple weeks.  Now you're saying that the fact that one weapon's RESEARCH is gonna be a significant fraction of said dojo building is an acceptable situation?

Face it DE literally CAN'T justify the numbers the used for the Hema research.

Edited by Irorone

3 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Again one man clan, AFTER another one died, though at this point you just won't get how a 5k MS research cost at the lowest possible prices can be a problem for ANY clan.

And the research is 5k whether it's one or ten.  So I have to farm another 3.7k samples to start research.  So no it's still not "500 per clanmate" when you consider that it entails a full, active clan, which is a hilarious generalization of ANY clan in this game at this point.

Also they upped the cost of research by more than ten times.  So no it's still firmly DE who screwed up on the cost estimations.

I was able to build my entire dojo, forma costs and all, by myself in a couple weeks.  Now you're saying that the fact that one weapon's RESEARCH is gonna be a significant fraction of said dojo building is an acceptable situation?

Face it DE literally CAN'T justify the numbers the used for the Hema research.

Alright man so heres some things i can tell you as its obvious that your pretty pissed off and i doubt anything else i try to say will do anything.

You could recruit some other tenno to your clan {even ask to do it just for the research itself if you only want to be on your own}

other then that you could do the opposite and join a clan and team up to do the research there.

All we know is that DE wants to incentives clan involvement by making harder to reach goals for something unique.

If your doing this on your own you should have seen this coming as things meant for multiple people are going to cost more.

20 minutes ago, Necronamasal said:

Alright man so heres some things i can tell you as its obvious that your pretty pissed off and i doubt anything else i try to say will do anything.

You could recruit some other tenno to your clan {even ask to do it just for the research itself if you only want to be on your own}

other then that you could do the opposite and join a clan and team up to do the research there.

All we know is that DE wants to incentives clan involvement by making harder to reach goals for something unique.

If your doing this on your own you should have seen this coming as things meant for multiple people are going to cost more.

I literally have not ever had to recruit to meet a research project goal.  Now I'm being told after 2k hours that all the samples I've collected doesn't even meet half of a research project.  It's not even whether or not I'm mad, the math is that bad.

I could recruit but the only person I've extended an invitation has been a family member, and he's largely given up the game because of said grind.

I'm not gonna flush on the level of 20-30 forma to join a new clan that can turn around and die for the same reasons that made me start a one man clan to begin with.

DE wants clan incentives?  The only reason I made a one man clan at all is because some weapons, and now frames, can ONLY be obtained by clan tech.  Now with the expectations of a "full active clan" they've more or less told me the same thing you and everybody else who defends the Hema research right now "git gud".

Ten times more.  They went from what seems like estimations for a tenth of a full clan being active to an entire clan being active.  That's just bad math.  Period.

Edited by Irorone

so basically DE should NOT make anything require a clans effort to create? they should not make anything that takes weeks of dedication to earn? This is all im reading on the forums- its an entitled portion of the base telling DE they arent allowed to have a few items out of hundreds/thousands be a long term goal. 

This is the same game we had a week ago, yet people are losing their minds as if everything was changed. All it is is a new weapon, that takes effort to get. I think the game should be allowed a few weapons that cant be earned in a week of casual farming. 

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

so basically DE should NOT make anything require a clans effort to create? they should not make anything that takes weeks of dedication to earn? This is all im reading on the forums- its an entitled portion of the base telling DE they arent allowed to have a few items out of hundreds/thousands be a long term goal. 

This is the same game we had a week ago, yet people are losing their minds as if everything was changed. All it is is a new weapon, that takes effort to get. I think the game should be allowed a few weapons that cant be earned in a week of casual farming. 

An entire, active clan, and that it takes said full active clan several hours of individual participation.  Now add literally all the factors that can make that far less than optimal.

Large dead clans, stayed for their seasonal friends, told find a new clan if they want this new weapon anytime soon.  Or shell out plat.

One man clans, built because of the instability of clan structure to begin with, told to not double time it, not triple time it, but to be ten people worth of play investment.

They're losing their minds because trends they didn't want to see continue are becoming more and more accepted practice.

If that sounds like "entitlement" to you *shrug*.

Edited by Irorone

Just now, Irorone said:

An entire, active clan, and that it takes said full active clan several hours of individual participation.  Now add literally all the factors that can make that far less than optimal.

Large dead clans, stayed for their seasonal friends, told find a new clan if want this new weapon anytime soon.  Or shell out plat.

One man clans, built because of the instability of clan structure to begin with, told to not double time it, not triple time it, but to be ten people worth of play investment.

They're losing their minds because trends they didn't want to see continue are becoming more and more accepted practice.

If that sounds like "entitlement" to you *shrug*.

i still see it as ONE item that maybe only active clans earn, or really dedicated ghost clans. 

I personally dont see an issue with a few hard to get items.

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

in a week of casual farming. 

If it was a week of casual farming, there would be no complaints. The problem is that many people played years without even getting 10% of the amount needed for a ghost clan

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

i still see it as ONE item that maybe only active clans earn, or really dedicated ghost clans. 

I personally dont see an issue with a few hard to get items.

Will it become a problem when it's two items?  Three?

A hard to get item I can understand, an item that has intentionally been made ten times more difficult, under optimal conditions, than any comparable option prior?

5 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Will it become a problem when it's two items?  Three?

A hard to get item I can understand, an item that has intentionally been made ten times more difficult, under optimal conditions, than any comparable option prior?

2 items or 3? no, i still dont see that as a problem. it would be a problem if thats ALL they started doing, but i'm not going to lose my mind yet over a few hard to get items. There is NO evidence that there is a slippery slope here. People claimed the same thing with the sidbear...and it didnt happen. Not only did it not happen, no one even even talks about that weapon anymore. People called for DEs head about a weapon that no one even uses. They called DE the worst devs in the industry over a niche weapon with high resource cost. The best weapons and items in this game are more than easy enough to acquire, yet posters salivate at the chance to bash devs over ANY new item, regardless of what it is or does.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

2 items or 3? no, i still dont see that as a problem. it would be a problem if thats ALL they started doing, but i'm not going to lose my mind yet over a few hard to get items. There is NO evidence that there is a slippery slope here. People claimed the same thing with the sidbear...and it didnt happen. Not only did it not happen, no one even even talsk about that weapon anymore. People called for DEs head about a weapon that no one even uses. The best weapons and items in this game are more than easy enough to acquire, yet posters salivate at the chance to bash devs over ANY new item, regardless of what it is or does.

^ this

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

2 items or 3? no, i still dont see that as a problem. it would be a problem if thats ALL they started doing, but i'm not going to lose my mind yet over a few hard to get items. There is NO evidence that there is a slippery slope here. People claimed the same thing with the sidbear...and it didnt happen. Not only did it not happen, no one even even talsk about that weapon anymore. People called for DEs head about a weapon that no one even uses. The best weapons and items in this game are more than easy enough to acquire, yet posters salivate at the chance to bash devs over ANY new item, regardless of what it is or does.

And the fact that if nobody complained about hema that DE might just do EXACTLY that?

Actually the thing with sibear did happen and you know why it was less explosive than the Hema debacle right now?  People actually ran a fair bit of excavation before hand for void keys/relics and just stockpiled the cryo.  Now tell me, when was the last time you heard of anybody farming mutagen samples before this again 10x jump in requirements?

If you want to see the slippery slope just ask people this, which was easier: getting frost prime from void keys or getting him from unvaulted relics?  The grind has objectively gotten worse over time, maybe not more so then certain peaks like launch day nova but the trend is there complete with evidence.  And before you mention drop tables, I could literally stick every prime item on 15-16 endless void keys without issue and have them come from clear conditions i.e. missions with X level range and X faction all with RNG that wouldn't make people tear their hair out.

If people really did "salivate" over "the chance to bash devs over ANY new item, regardless of what it is or does" than why is the only time I've seen hirudo mentioned in this flamestorm is when I brought it up as being the only part of the update that didn't get bashed on because it actually stuck to the customary 24 hour weapon build time and didn't require some brand stinking new resource?

Edited by Irorone

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

2 items or 3? no, i still dont see that as a problem. it would be a problem if thats ALL they started doing, but i'm not going to lose my mind yet over a few hard to get items. There is NO evidence that there is a slippery slope here. People claimed the same thing with the sidbear...and it didnt happen. Not only did it not happen, no one even even talks about that weapon anymore. People called for DEs head about a weapon that no one even uses. They called DE the worst devs in the industry over a niche weapon with high resource cost. The best weapons and items in this game are more than easy enough to acquire, yet posters salivate at the chance to bash devs over ANY new item, regardless of what it is or does.

ty.

24 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You sir nailed it perfectly

1 hour ago, Necronamasal said:
1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You sir nailed it perfectly

Image result for animated gif missing the point

If DE really want to make clan research projects a sizeable coordinated effort requiring most, if not all of the clan to contribute, then update the research costs for all items.

Don't just add a new weapon that requires 100x the effort of all previous research projects.

That's so ridiculously out of line that it makes no sense at all.

33 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Image result for animated gif missing the point

If DE really want to make clan research projects a sizeable coordinated effort requiring most, if not all of the clan to contribute, then update the research costs for all items.

Don't just add a new weapon that requires 100x the effort of all previous research projects.

That's so ridiculously out of line that it makes no sense at all.

how do you say am i missing the point, yet you're talking about DE updating ALL clan research to require a huge amount of resources? Did you just find that gif and needed to use it?

no one said anything about making all clan research research require immense resources. Im just stating that its not necessarily a bad thing that there be a few clan items that actually require clan effort. No one is asking DE to go back and make things more difficult. DE didnt say they wanted to revamp ALL clan projects either. They just happen to release a new item that may require increased clan participation. I started my own solo ghost clan and its actually been easier for me to get things than in some larger clans. Every single item has been easy to solo, there was rarely ever a disadvantage. Maybe DE felt it was time to incentivize warlords to encourage clan participation for once.

either way, i dont see the justification of the vitriol. But i realise that the forum is a filter for those that like to engage in this sort of talk.

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Maybe DE felt it was time to incentivize warlords to encourage clan participation for once.

Then they could... oh, I don't know... maybe provide some real engaging content for clans?

Ridiculously high resource costs when compared to previous projects is not 'encouragement' or interesting content, it's a grind, pure and simple.

If clans do it at all, they will do it grudgingly, it's certainly not setting a good tone for cooperative working.

I know no one else was suggesting raising the costs on all projects, but surely if higher resource costs are a 'good thing' that 'encourages clan participation' then we should do even more of it, right?

It makes no sense at all to have one project be such an outlier, for what reason? I realise logic and space magic don't mix well, but what is the in-game justification for this weapon being so much harder to research than previous infested weapons?

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Then they could... oh, I don't know... maybe provide some real engaging content for clans?

Ridiculously high resource costs when compared to previous projects is not 'encouragement' or interesting content, it's a grind, pure and simple.

If clans do it at all, they will do it grudgingly, it's certainly not setting a good tone for cooperative working.

I know no one else was suggesting raising the costs on all projects, but surely if higher resource costs are a 'good thing' that 'encourages clan participation' then we should do even more of it, right?

It makes no sense at all to have one project be such an outlier, for what reason? I realise logic and space magic don't mix well, but what is the in-game justification for this weapon being so much harder to research than previous infested weapons?

Suddenly demanding warlords to downsize or enforce participation quotas without even putting back in dark sectors, or any other incentives to run a large active clan is a disaster. Clans are just going to bleed out even harder, clan leaders arent going to magically have awesome clans if the activity/incentive isnt there lol. One single weapon BP or a potential trend in them is the worst possible incentive, and would only drive angered clannies away. Making this whole problem worse. You dont just go and decide to 10x the entire clan research resource pool combined and think that would somehow drive clans to be more active.

A mediocre lifesteal gimmick does not justify 10xing the combined research pool. Especially when you have the dang Tonkor existing as an easy to craft low MR  weapon, theres no actual excuse here for this. Its a pretty obvious cashgrab that DE foolishly can not backup. And a mediocre lifesteal gimmick is definitely not even an encouragment to sustain active clans (or would that could even significantly keep a clan going).

This could be justified, if I dont know there was actual content that helped warlords have their clans be competitve with other games out there to retain clannies.

If this was the golden age of clans where inter-clan competition existed and inticed and made clans feel like families and making it super easy to have a flourishing clan, this whole thing wouldnt be problem. Its DEs fault for taking this long in not replacing dark sector and having barebones clans becoming the norm.

But its hilarious to demand clans to go back to the old way without even fixing the problem of why theres so many barebones clans. And also in the world of gaming, once you lose a specific population like the hardcore clan population, it is an incredibly uphill battle to regain that and once you do, you need to shift design philosophy with your system in how it ended up. Or you will cause even worse damage.

Edited by PoopManZ

I did run a few 20 waves ODD today and with booster I get around 200 mutagen samples. Here is the latest one:

http://imgur.com/a/XJzWe

Everyone I met in recruiting was very helpful. I always ended up with 1 speed nova, 1 nekros, 2 pilfering hydroids. With speed nova this is less than 20 minutes. 

What really bugs me is the fact that so many ppl run solo clans or are all thats left from their former clan. I met one guy where all clan member are inactive for 30+ days and he had to farm 50k mutagen samples. Poor guy. 

10 hours ago, Necronamasal said:

being in a dead clan is your own fault not DE's your only hurting yourself 

I'm gonna copy/pastas myself form another topic and leave it here.

I have seen lots of (on various topics)  "oh if you don't have a fully active clan go join a new one,  or kick people and get new ones" about let me explain why myself and probably a lot of people don't want to:

if you are heavy active in your clan like I am it means you have probably put in 10000's of resources, spent time building rooms, even spent plat to get things done, so people telling you to just abandon your hard work is insulting.

as for getting new players - we have about 4 active players (out of ten) the remaining are either friends who may want to get back into warframe later and will need a clan/help (though after we have told them how it is lately most of them really do not want to bother) and the original founder of the clan, who originally also put a lot of hours/time/money into it, before handing it to me and my partner. He still played casually off and on, before being annoyed with the changes warframe has done and the extra grind and hasn't bothered to come back since inaros, (and he is a founder)

theres also the fact that most people looking for a clan will be new players and they wont have the resources to contribute anyway. I feel sorry for anyone who's new and made a clan in the last 6 months they have no hope of getting the stuff. 

I can't find any usefulness of this information. I mean, doing derelict missions outside of vault runs is probably the worst way to spend your meaningless life. They are boring, repetitive, and don't offer any good reward. Wasting your time in derelict for a single mediocre weapon research just doubles the stupidity.