Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast gambit was horrible.

-cS-dalonico

the title.

nice piece of base story... wasted onto the stupidest arena grind ever.

the part with the 10 points limitation was plain stupid. and be ware that I say stupid, Not Hard, Bc it wasnt.

No skill/brain needed. No new mechanics. No special enemies/interactions.

I just pressed E... and E again... and again... for like an hour?

the part were nef cheats should have anyone tell you to keep going even tho it looks you're fked already. I camped their goal, then by work of magic, they got 3 points and I aborted the mission because it was a failure already and I Value My damn time. Every single minute. So I didnt feel like wasting it in who knows what speech after the inminent defeat; better restart again... and guess how mad i felt after realising the truth...

also: feels bad for ergo. I would have taken Nef's final offer +added some more stuff, + my terms on arena to ensure good sportsmanship (he wouldnt refuse anyway) in order to win back his stuff :P

What I'm gathering is that you're upset that you aborted the mission due to impulsivity and inattention to detail.

Yes, I think it was a little weak compared to The Second Dream and The War Within, but take a look at how much time had passed between those two quests. It's unreasonable to expect a full cinematic quest like TWW every couple of months. Sands of Inaros and The Silver Grove were smaller quests between TSD and TWW and I heard some of the same grievances with those; they weren't as good as TSD. Once you experience something excellent it's hard to go back to something average. I didn't find the Glast Gambit that bad. A little repetitive, but I liked the backstory.

Nah it was OK. Not TWW/TSD level but still fun,  specially  the colony visit. A bit grindy yes, but that's just warframe.

In the match where Nef cheats, Lotus tells you to keep fightning regardless. Also in the last match you win back Neeva and Glast's possessions. I guess it's too difficult to pay attention to the small fonts when everyone's used to just mindlessly mow down fields after fields of enemies...

The colony visit itself really set up the expectations for the rest of the quest to be in line with that with perhaps a an index mission or two.

What actually happened was a single cool mission followed by 18 rounds of index split over 6 missions or so? with a totally mundane spy mission in the mix.

Did they run out of time and rush this? It seemed so promising to finally see more of the colonists and civilians we so often hear about but never see otherwise.

Other than the colony being lazily audio'd with voices not coming from any particular npcs, but just random echoes, and the limited number of sound bites in the colony, I actually quite enjoyed the quest.

I loved the index preview when it came out and I'm glad the game mode is back cos I find it fun (apparently I'm alone in that with my clan but whatever lol)

The wagering made sense if you paid attention to any of the quest chat, which a lot of people don't.

The only strange part I find is the connection to the salvage mission and the Nidus parts is lost.. I had no idea I had to go to infested salvage until I checked the wikia. (We spent so much time in the Index, probably should have been an infested salvage or two in the mix).

It's a short quest, if you have high expectations of Second Dream tier, you are bound to be disappointed. I went into this with an open mind and I wasn't disappointed.

4 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

I'd be happy if I could get past the first "Challenge Nef Any in the index" part, it's not hard but every time I finish the first part I get stuck on that one cephalon thing causing me to have to relaunch so... waiting for that to be fixed.

im assuming you went solo? Thats what happened to me, tried 3x and stucked three times also. But its fine when youre with other player, so just go public and wait for players (assuming you can host one, that is)

2 minutes ago, game4ever07 said:

im assuming you went solo? Thats what happened to me, tried 3x and stucked three times also. But its fine when youre with other player, so just go public and wait for players (assuming you can host one, that is)

I went solo yeah, but I'll try that as soon as the whole... network not responding is resolved, thanks for the tip.

If you value your time, why didn't you quit Warframe within the last year? It should be obvious to anyone who had been playing the game for at least a year before that it's gonna be nothing but downhill from here. DE cannot plan anything in their current (and likely future) mentality that will save and develop the idea of what loyal, long-term customers actually want in the game.