The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The whole "It's a free game so stop complaining" people.

Kenoman

Just thought I'd mention that I've seen many people use that excuse to attempt debunking or countering valid arguments or feedback to the game. (In bold so that you know these are

not to be confused about flat out complaining with no proper basis) I believe that it's a very regressive act of anti-criticism and should be stopped.

I just wanted to say that warframe has a store that people can purchase items from. With people purchasing their product, for them their experience with this game would no longer be free.

They would have every right to make complains or voice their concerns.

As with people who play this game for free, indeed while it's a free game some people spend over thousands of hours into this game, which shows the company their marketing potentials with dedicated players spending time into their game. 

Rather than dismissing legitimate concerns over the game just because it's a free game, I think these people like them need to realize the importance of feedback people are attempting to give to this game to further improve it's experience.  Tldr:No. It's a free game so stop complaining is a bad argument and needs to be stopped because it's regressive.

Edited by IKenofoxI

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Not only it a free game, you can trade for its premium currency. 

So essentially all colors, cosmetics and slots are also free

It's kind of besides the point. No matter whether if it's free or not, legitimate feedback should not be washed away with "It's a free game" as it will hinder the potential improvements to the game experience for people whether they be veterans or newbies.

Edited by IKenofoxI

When used correctly, the "it's a free game" argument is used to counter those players who are raging because of their own incredibly high expectations of the game not being met. Some players will compare the game to triple-A titles which they need to pay lots of money up-front for, and having these expectations on a game you never need to pay for can sometimes result in over-entitled players.

Yes, stating "its a free game so you can't voice feedback" is not helpful for anyone when they are trying to voice their feedback.

However the only way change can come is when feedback, both positive and negative, is voice in a respectful and constructive way.

Insulting, trolling, bashing and swearing are not the way to voice negative feedback and only leads to possibly good feedback being ignored as the dev's can't decipher the feedback and likely won't be interested in reading feedback that is just a page of insults being thrown at them.

1 minute ago, IKenofoxI said:
6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Not only it a free game, you can trade for its premium currency. 

So essentially all colors, cosmetics and slots are also free

It's kind of besides the point. No matter whether if it's free or not

It's not free, at least not anything bought with plat (beyond your starting amount).

That plat was paid for by someone, even if it wasn't you.

16 minutes ago, IKenofoxI said:

Just thought I'd mention that I've seen many people use that excuse to attempt debunking or countering valid arguments or feedback to the game. (In bold so that you know these are

not to be confused about flat out complaining with no proper basis) I believe that it's a very regressive act of anti-criticism and should be stopped.

I just wanted to say that warframe has a store that people can purchase items from. With people purchasing their product, for them their experience with this game would no longer be free.

They would have every right to make complains or voice their concerns.

As with people who play this game for free, indeed while it's a free game some people spend over thousands of hours into this game, which shows the company their marketing potentials with dedicated players spending time into their game. 

Rather than dismissing legitimate concerns over the game just because it's a free game, I think these people like them need to realize the importance of feedback people are attempting to give to this game to further improve it's experience.  Tldr:No. It's a free game so stop complaining is a bad argument and needs to be stopped because it's regressive.

Barely anyone actually uses that as an excuse. Only to take the piss like the guys above are doing.

You don't have to purchase anything though, so that argument falls flat.

Do you really thing WF has any lack of complaints and criticism though?? I will never understand dons like you who complain about people stopping them from complaining when so many of big threads are complaints.

Yeah, it's a free game since you can trade for premium currency and all the obtainable in game items...  except for the fact that the trade system is utter crap and gives you cancer.  So, simple choice really: pay for premium currency, or get it the free way along with a healthy dose of trade cancer.

From now on, all future frames will have their parts placed various C rotations across multiple gametypes and levels. They will always have a 1% drop chance. Crafting requirements to include 10xForma per part, plus 1k Orokin Cell in the final blueprint. Build times will be 3 days per part, and 2 weeks for the final blueprint.

But don't worry guys, it's free.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Just now, DeltaPhantom said:

From now on, all future frames will have their parts placed various C rotations across multiple gametypes and levels. They will always have a 1% drop chance. Crafting requirements to include 10xForma per part, plus 1k Orokin Cell. Build times will be 3 days per part, and 2 weeks for the final blueprint.

But don't worry guys, it's free.

I love how you type that and somehow forget Equinox, Ivara, Ash, etc's existence. Nidus farm is really easy compared to quite a few.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ReadingFire229 said:

People will always refuse to see the bad in the things they love at least for a while 

Not necessarily true.

I always reserve my harshest criticism for things or people I love or respect because they deserve my honesty more than others, and hiding from the truth helps no one.

Just now, KaizergidorahXi said:

It's only easy if you're lucky.

Uh, no, its 9 minutes to get to Rot C, and a 45% chance to get your first part. It's a really easy grind to do. You have to be unlucky for it to be a hard grind.

10 minutes ago, IKenofoxI said:

It's kind of besides the point. No matter whether if it's free or not, legitimate feedback should not be washed away with "It's a free game" as it will hinder the potential improvements to the game experience for people whether they be veterans or newbies.

It kind of is relevant when half of the "feed back" is just calling DE greedy, money hungry devs trying to exploit the player base (at the behest of Chinese overlords). Many conspiracies start from there and it's hard to get a good dialogue going.

It's also relevant in that you can use that free plat to buy the prime parts you need, or that Riven you can't get, or that frame that's too hard for you to grind. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Zamio said:

Uh, no, its 9 minutes to get to Rot C, and a 45% chance to get your first part. It's a really easy grind to do. You have to be unlucky for it to be a hard grind.

Sure wasn't 9 minutes when released. I did 3 missions and no enemies ever spawned to start the missions before I gave up and just bought him.

Just now, KaizergidorahXi said:

Sure wasn't 9 minutes when released. I did 3 missions and no enemies ever spawned to start the missions before I gave up and just bought him.

It was bugged on release though. They released a hotfix that sped it up tremendously and fixed spawns.