The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The whole "It's a free game so stop complaining" people.

Kenoman

4 minutes ago, Zamio said:

I love how you type that and somehow forget Equinox, Ivara, Ash, etc's existence. Nidus farm is really easy compared to quite a few.

I didn't forget anything. Those farms may be a bit rough, sure, but not 1% rot. C bad. And I would know, I've done them all.

(Protip: Need to help someone get Ash? LoR is here to help.)

Edit

Anyway, that's not the point. It's about pointing out how "free" doesn't justify "unreasonable".

Edited by DeltaPhantom

there's two sides to every coin. yes, it's a free game, but people have the right to voice an opinion, no matter how positive or negative it might be. the only thing that truly matters is whether the post is constructive: I.e. you explain what you think needs fixing and why, and if possible, come up with your own suggestion (doesn't have to be good, just enough to potentially spark a discussion.). anything non-constructive isn't useful, and while we all have times where we need to vent, this isn't the place to do it.

better to vent the old fashioned way: at your TV, like a complete maniac. you'll look crazy, but at least you won't get warning points or a ban.

13 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Not only is it a free game, you can trade for its premium currency.

The premium currency that someone had to buy first. :facepalm: You're technically leeching off them.

I also remember deleting a disgusting amount of weapons in my noob days because there was simply no space for it. It's free to a point.

Free to play progression is never free, you either pay a lot of money or use a lot more time to do something compared to a pay to play or buy to play games.

Free to play shouldn't exist in games with progression imo.

Edited by Naftal

2 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

I didn't forget anything. Those farms may be a bit rough, sure, but not 1% rot. C bad. And I would know, I've done them all.

(Protip: Need to help someone get Ash? LoR is here to help.)

Edit

Anyway, that's not the point. It's about pointing out how "free" doesn't justify "unreasonable".

Yeah, fair enough. Unreasonable costs like Hema are bad. But otherwise, WF is pretty good balancing the reasonable.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

The premium currency that someone had to buy first. :facepalm: You're technically leeching off them.

I also remember deleting a disgusting amount of weapons in my noob days because there was simply no space for it. It's free to a point.

Then level and delete the weapon immediately. It is possible to play without buying a thing, just inconvenient, and your experience would be made better if you bought slots.

Which is exactly how it should be. 

Just now, Zamio said:

Then level and delete the weapon immediately. It is possible to play without buying a thing, just inconvenient, and your experience would be made better if you bought slots.

Which is exactly how it should be. 

You don't see this as a problem? People ask an opinion about a frame or weapon and I can go back, equip it, and give proper feedback about modding or how to use it. Other people who have to make a decision to keep it or not ultimately explain away why they didn't keep it. Because it's "mastery fodder", or  simply "it's garbage". And they only keep what's the most op or efficient. The meta is killing the game. It leaves no room for variety.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

No one HAD to buy currency, they wanted to. Either way, if you as a player want to earn plat through gameplay, it's more than easy enough to. DE doesn't force you to buy a frame with money if it's hard to get. You can play other parts of the game and earn it that way. 

Don't get me wrong, the game definitely has flaws (as with all things) but when arguments amount to accusing DE of doing things only to gouge the players, it's just not true. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No one HAD to buy currency, they wanted to. Either way, if you as a player want to earn plat through gameplay, it's more than easy enough to.

But someone DID buy the currency. To trade plat you need to buy it. The devstream plat giveaways are not tradeable. It's free in the sense you didn't buy it, but it isn't earnable resource in-game. Someone has to supply it.

And the buy-in is the space to put it. That's the conflict, not the farming or acquisition. They just added more Riven mods with only 15 default spaces to put them in. You're either going to get used to deleting a lot of mods, or buy more space. They're giving away soup and having you pay for the bowls.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ReadingFire229 said:

While I agree with the title of the post no forces you to buy plat when I first started I flat out refused to buy plat or prime access and I basically have everything available to me on the current console version of warframe just trade for things 

Name checks out.

4 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

That is what turns games from "Free to Play" to "Pay to Win".

"Pay to win" is a subjective term, and people will argue semantics with you all day on that one.

I prefer to think of it as going from a game you want to spend money on, to one you feel you have to spend money on.