Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties vs Heiracon

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Had a casual run where they got him more than double the reward I received on my sortie, despite the much greater time and effort  So I saw that I still had enough time to run the sortie before work, and I could run it again later after it resets. I had some friends that went to run Heiracon,  and invited me. I declined to try and get a new Rivin. 

There was a defense, which was majorly time-consuming, but otherwise it was fairly easy. 

The rescue was actually very simple, even if a random nearly got the captive killed. 

But then there was the assassination of kela. A mission that requires all four players be present in order to even begin the boss battle.

A mission where Valkyrs greatest strength means she cannot contribute to turning the cranks. 

And a mission that is generally time consuming if you have even one player that only half knows what they are about. 

And somehow, 2000 endo is a reward. 

My friends on Heiracon had a casual run where they got him more than double the reward I received on my sortie, despite and the time and effort that I put in being much greater. and the time and effort that I put in being much greater. 

I am of the opinion that there should be some kind of system where the rewards are made grader's depending on the time and effort it takes  for a series of missions to be completed. It was an absolute waste of my time, and I'm sure that there are many others that agree with me. 

Lmk

I decided to skip the sortie yesterday because of the same reason. I hate trying to carry ppl through Kela, and despite me riven desires I chose to farm relics, kuva, and syndicate medallions. Time well spent, and a good break from sorties. 

I hear what your saying, but I don't see them changing it to reflect time spent. At least we can see what the sortie looks like and decide in advance. 

its called RNG-eezus its Random how much Endo u get on Hieracon, but on Sortie the Mission types are random, so u can get Defense, Mob Def and Excavation and only get 2k Endo, its more time-efficient to run Hieracon but u get the Chance for some other things u will never get on Hieracon :3 Such like Riven mods, Lenses (if u dont got enought already) and dont forget the Potatoes.

But yeah, im our opinion, I think spending 40+ minutes in Def and Excavation or Survival should be rewarded by more then 2k Endo or one Lens i already have spent 3 from same type :(

1 hour ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

But then there was the assassination of kela. A mission that requires all four players be present in order to even begin the boss battle.

A mission where Valkyrs greatest strength means she cannot contribute to turning the cranks. 

And a mission that is generally time consuming if you have even one player that only half knows what they are about. 

She's easily done solo, grab your Mesa and shoot her in the face, done. Not worth the trouble of pubbing it.

I actually did that sortie...I had 3 straight Heiracons were the pubs just wanted to do it as a cash farm First time I ever had that happen and to have it happen 3 times in a row yeah that drove me to the sortie. 

So as a rule I typically skip any sortie that has a defense and an assassination (but man something about Alad V and Lephantis sucks me in...Alad V is easy but Lephantis I have a morbid enjoyment of watching pubs quit the match allowing me to run it solo or with another try-hard). 

My second formula for should I do a sortie is similar to what Kop4k47 is saying

9 hours ago, Kop4k47 said:

its called RNG-eezus its Random how much Endo u get on Hieracon, but on Sortie the Mission types are random, so u can get Defense, Mob Def and Excavation and only get 2k Endo, its more time-efficient to run Hieracon but u get the Chance for some other things u will never get on Hieracon :3 Such like Riven mods, Lenses (if u dont got enought already) and dont forget the Potatoes.

But yeah, im our opinion, I think spending 40+ minutes in Def and Excavation or Survival should be rewarded by more then 2k Endo or one Lens i already have spent 3 from same type :(

I absolutely will skip Def or Excavation that ends with an Assassination.

I have bad RNG luck on sortie rewards (thank you no more Nezah sets) so I literally  jump into Heiracon if I dont like the sortie rotation. 

But if they could ensure that Sortie common rewards out earned all other single run missions that would be nice. 

Really double the Endo and I would fine. 

Ummh I almost always use Valk to kill Kela...

7 hours ago, Mattoropael said:

You brought the wrong frame for the job and think it's the fault of anyone but you?

So who do you roll with to kill Kela in a sortie

Assassination sorties in general are a product of poorly thought out additions that have never actually been balanced properly for the level scaling and extra-enhancement issues (see immortal Vay Hek nonsense).

Adding onto that the passive defeating of strategic options players have, such as outright status immunity, attacking regardless of stealth, or the imbecilic Finisher resistance on Kela - specifically to weaken negative-duration Trinity Vamping her to deth, but also stopping everything else, including slash damage procs...the one thing you're meant to be able to rely on above all else when fighting enemies with added (armour/shield) protections, is massively reduced for no legitimate reason other than to band-aid an overly effective ability...

And of course, level scaling means that even the tankiest tank can be ripped through in a second in some cases, too.

Yeah, Assassination sorties are horribly under-rewarding.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Personally, I've been using Ivara, a corrosive proc source until red-healthed, and stealthily riddling her full of Artemis Bow until she finally succumbs. It's still tedious, but more or less safe at least.

Edited by EDYinnit

2 hours ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Mesa with fully modded crit pistols can deal enough damage to kill Kela in under 20 seconds. Just bring an Ignis and you can effortlessly clear the buttons on the walls.

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

Mesa with fully modded crit pistols can deal enough damage to kill Kela in under 20 seconds. Just bring an Ignis and you can effortlessly clear the buttons on the walls.

Yep, as I said above, Mesa is the safest way. Needs a properly modded secondary but doesn't really matter what you have on Mesa.

Alternatively you can cheese her with an EV Trin, too. Doesn't need a weapon but make sure it's a proper EV Trin with minimum duration and +casting speed to keep Kela perma-staggered (if you don't even have that there's also a way to EV her from below without her being able to hit you, use link to ignore the rollers).

I think Ash's Fatal Teleport also works on her but I never tried that one.

Ignis (or any AOE damage but Ignis is easiest) for clearing the spinners is indeed the way to go. You can solo all 4 within one cycle so you don't waste time on the orbital strikes (except the first one, you always get that one).

For a public group setting a Frost or Limbo prevents your team from wiping on the platform due to strikes or her rockets, or a Slova to slow her down, but it will probably take longer overall that's why solo is always the safer bet. edit: Ofc if you want to help someone through it the above ways still work, just don't waste time on revives, let them be dead while you finish her.

Edited by Snib

19 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Your buddies got 4000 Endo from a single run on Hieracon? How long were they there for?

It's not that hard to get 2-4k from a run of Hieracon. There's some RNG involved, but going to 3-4k cryo only takes a reasonably decent squad. Nothing too impressive.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:42 PM, Mattoropael said:

You brought the wrong frame for the job and think it's the fault of anyone but you?

I didn't bring her. 

One of the publics brought her, and weren't able to contribute. I love how presumptuous people get on here 

Either way, 2000 endo is simply not a sufficient reward for that mission.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

On 12/31/2016 at 0:57 AM, Snib said:

Yep, as I said above, Mesa is the safest way. Needs a properly modded secondary but doesn't really matter what you have on Mesa.

Alternatively you can cheese her with an EV Trin, too. Doesn't need a weapon but make sure it's a proper EV Trin with minimum duration and +casting speed to keep Kela perma-staggered (if you don't even have that there's also a way to EV her from below without her being able to hit you, use link to ignore the rollers).

I think Ash's Fatal Teleport also works on her but I never tried that one.

Ignis (or any AOE damage but Ignis is easiest) for clearing the spinners is indeed the way to go. You can solo all 4 within one cycle so you don't waste time on the orbital strikes (except the first one, you always get that one).

For a public group setting a Frost or Limbo prevents your team from wiping on the platform due to strikes or her rockets, or a Slova to slow her down, but it will probably take longer overall that's why solo is always the safer bet. edit: Ofc if you want to help someone through it the above ways still work, just don't waste time on revives, let them be dead while you finish her.

We've used Frost, and the bombardment goes through it. 

Not my point. Obviously she can be defeated. I'm not saying otherwise. I am saying that 2000 Endo is not a sufficient reward, considering you can farm it much easier from much easier enemies, and far less time that it takes to run a sortieis not a sufficient reward, considering you can farm it much easier from much easier enemies, and far less time than it takes to run a Sortie

On 12/30/2016 at 0:19 PM, Kop4k47 said:

Sortie drops are ridiculous for the same reason that arch wing mission Drops used to be stupid.  

Arch wing missions had huge drop tables because there were so few missions, that they delegated everything to those missions. This made it insanely difficult to actually farm anything, unless you played archwing nonstop,  and considering it's already a lackluster game mode, it was simply easier to wait for platinum discounts and buy them.  You could farm them for days and get nothing but void keys.

Sorties, on the other hand, Share drop tables with catalysts, reactors, adapters, Forma, endo at 2k and 4K,  which came extremely easily be farmed, a resource that's very easy to come by, so long as you run a single alert a day, and of course,  Rivin mods. 

2000 Endo is not a sufficient reward

Only gets worse than Archwing because you can only run once a day. 

Just finished another assassination sortie, and got 2000 Endo again. 

This crap is preposterous and has no right being in the drop tables

4 hours ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

Not my point. Obviously she can be defeated. I'm not saying otherwise. I am saying that 2000 Endo is not a sufficient reward, considering you can farm it much easier from much easier enemies, and far less time that it takes to run a sortieis not a sufficient reward, considering you can farm it much easier from much easier enemies, and far less time than it takes to run a Sortie

And I wasn't disagreeing with that part, the sortie rewards are terrible. At least Endo has some use, there are many rewards that have zero worth to many players. Today's sortie got me a reactor BP. Great, I'll add it to my stack of countless others like it to collect some dust until I maybe run out of them in 2035. :P

Also:

My Internet connection is currently 300 down, 15 up.

despite that, I had over 25 missions where I disconnected from the host while loading in to the mission.

After a literal hours of trying to accomplish the sortie, another 2000 Endo.

If I were to a farmed Heiracon, I could have had  well over 20,000 for the time that I spend trying to accomplish the sortie today.

This is a load of absolute bull crap, and anybody reading it knows it.

this has to change immediately.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak