Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

need tips to complete riven mod challenge

LTDaWolf

Question

have a riven  that requires me to "complete a defence mission  without  the objective taking any damage and without using any energy consumables"

I thought Akkad would seem to be the easiest solution or at least thats what i thought but would appear it makes no difference 

problem is  doesnt seem to make a difference what frame i use (have all frames  except banshee hydriod and zephyr)

now i thought energy consumables ment  just the energy discs so i made sure i had none  but it would seem that even the blue energy orbs count as consumables meaning its not really completable as far as i can see as killing some mobs  that drop the orbs  you cant avoid picking them up  and then thats it instant fail.

ive run it without sentinel or companion to make sure i dont suck them up  and it makes no difference  im starting to think this particular riven is broken as no matter what i do  it fails at the end of the first wave. So anyone else had this riven and can give some tips please

20 answers to this question

Does it say alone? I'm guessing it doesn't. Get some clannies to come along, bring a frost, vauban, and EV trin if you can get a third. With a bastille or two on the objective, and a frost bubble over it, you guys should have no trouble. You only need to do 5 waves. I recommend Akkad, since most will be melee enemies and vauban can handle those. The frost bubble is for the moas. I also recommend Ice Wave Impedance.

I had to do something similar last night. I was allowed to use consumables, but I had to be solo. I used frost with 205 range and Ice Wave Impedance. Worked just fine (granted, I used a zenistar as well).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

You want the Players Helping Players section of the forums bud.

This is true, the thread should be moved to PhP. But a mod will probably do that. Don't make a duplicate thread, the mod will just have to merge them. Don't worry about it though, you won't get in any trouble or anything.

Edited by Azrael

Last time I has to do that I went for Frost with a friend playing slow Nova in the Void (I also had to have Hobbled Key though).  The Corrupted have less nasty tricks they can pull to do unavoidable damage especialy if you are only going for 5 waves. 

Go Limbo/Frost. Make sure you dont put too much range.

Go to the lowest level defense mission, have a friend or friends bring damage equinox, banshee, etc. Bring a trinity/Go Zenurik so you keep your energy at max. Bring an ignis with Combustion Beam.

The Key is lowest level defense mission.

6 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Huh, I've never heard of the "energy consumable" modifier. That might be a new one. Maybe you're not supposed to gain any energy at all? Did you have an energy siphon equipped?

It just means no pads. You can use energy siphon, EV, etc.

6 minutes ago, Synpai said:

The Key is lowest level defense mission.

Mine said level 30 enemies. Hmm...

@LTDaWolf does it say "level 30 enemies?" Or just "a defense mission?" Because if it's just "a defense mission" than forget about Akkad, grab an ignis with the range mod and head to earth with a frost.

with this challenge, as other said try a low lvl with ignis combustion and a big globe frost. The other thing to try is make sure you have ample mod points left over since apparently the base energy you get at the start of the mission is some base + whatever mathematical equation that converts unused mod points from your frame into energy. I wish you good luck with that type of modifier.

I found this to be easiest on Pluto dark sector defense mission, solo with vauban. Load up power str and use zenurik.  May take a few tries because of syndicate time waster squads deciding to pop in on you but otherwise pretty easy. I think I did it once with a soma for me and once with a rakta cernos to help a friend with his.  Cernos helps with energy if you don't want to sit for 3 minutes to let zenurik fill up at start.

its the energy part of it thats making it fail  tried with a squad witha trinny and as soon as she ev it failed also failed as soon as anyone touched a blue orb  i think im just gonna sell it let someone else  waste there time

Edited by LTDaWolf

5 minutes ago, LTDaWolf said:

its the energy part of it thats making it fail  tried with a squad witha trinny and as soon as she ev it failed 

Yeah, that sounds like it's bugged. See if you can do it while avoiding all sources of energy. Consumables, trinity, orbs, energy siphon, zenurik, syndicate procs, rage. Everything. Also, as others have pointed out, if there isn't any sort of level requirement, head to Earth or something.

16 minutes ago, LTDaWolf said:

its the energy part of it thats making it fail  tried with a squad witha trinny and as soon as she ev it failed 

I'm pretty sure that's not right at all. I remember some friends doing that one with EV and it worked fine. If you can't get energy any other way, make sure to use as few mods on your frame as possible. The more mod points you have available, the more energy you start with.

I did mine on Frost with a friend on his Trinity. It was easy. I wouldn't recommend a tiny room like Akkad though unless you have a heavy damage dealer like Ember or Saryn - I think I used a grineer map since Frost is more effective on grineer/corpus than it is on infested. Bring at least one good weapon that can one or twoshot things, and boom, done. Easiest Riven challenge I've ever had.

Edited by Cat__Nap

I had one of those that allowed energy but had to be done solo, and lvl 30+

I tried neptune - yursa(lvl 30-40) first, it's lower level than akkad(35-45), so easyer, with a maxed slowa and soma prime.

Make sure everything stays in slow motion, and it's quite doable.

.. I'm not sure what I would have done if it didn't allow energy, the infested that lob the AoE goo keep doing damage to the pod if they get in line of sight of it, so without the 75% slow from a maxed nova they keep messing up the mission

So hearing from the OP and his issue here, this is my understanding. The challenge apparently is that you have to do at least 5 waves of a Defence Mission without it taking damage or using any kind of energy consumables. Also it has to be level 30 or higher.

If any ally uses an energy gaining ability, consumable, blue orb, etc... then it fails. I do have an idea but it'll require a huge and specific setup. If the setup is followed to the very letter then it'll be very easy to do.

---

1.) You'll need a full squad to start off with. They must understand they can't get any extra energy. So that means no Vacuum, no Limbo, no EV Trin, no Arcane Energize procs... etc.

2.) Pets & Specters, get as many of them out as you can. Any DPS or distractions they can do will help. If all 4 players do this then you have a huge army that will engage the enemy and usually the pets get attacked more than the objective when they far enough away. Even better if everyone can throw down a turret too. *Only Exception is don't use the Guardian Osprey. Learned this the hard way!*

3.) Sedna's Grineer Defense Mission & 4 Corrosive Projections. I think the node is Hydron. Grineer without armor should make killing them very easy. Along with how there is a bit of natural cover for the Defense Objective, this should help out as long as you have battlefield awareness.

4.) Frost (or 2) Build - Frost's Snowglobe will be a big part of this plan but the way it is built is going to be ridiculous. He'll need to have his augment for the melee units and beefing up only the globe as much as possible will be what most of his build be around. As long as the player(s) are able to cast at least 1 Snowglobe around objective, you should be good to go fight the Grineer up close and personal.

5.) Nyx's Chaos - This will be your panic button. Only use this when absolutely necessary. Range is one thing for sure is the requirement so you can affect as many enemies as possible.

6.) This goes without saying but bring a gun that can kill the Grineer very quickly. I shouldn't have to say this but experience has taught me that people don't setup their hands to give them the best chance of success.

7.) AoE & Cryopods - Grenades are bad m'kay? So are Bombards... you get the idea.

---

I hope this helps you out if you do try this.