Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltor vs Boltor Prime

TheCyanNerd

Question

So recently I've been super interested in the Boltor Prime (I also like the Tonkor - I know, I am a skrub who should burn in hell :crylaugh:) and I came across the Telos Boltor.

Now, I'm max rank with Arbiters of Hexis (for them Loki Augments), so I did some research, and the Telos Boltor's Truth effect, plus higher magazine size means MORE sustained DPS than the Boltor Prime. I heard something about the accuracy/spread on Telos being horrible, but I have to ask, is it good enough, or should I dish out the 200 plat for a Boltor Prime set?

By the way, lovely to have a community I can ask for help when I'm in a dilemma! Have a nice day! :laugh:

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Caobie said:

I personally prefer telos over prime. The range at which the spread matters is outside of how far I usually am from enemies and the truth effect is a nice semi-consistent heal. It really comes down to preference which you run with.

This. it depends on play style,

Pure Damage? Prime all the way.

Utility for healing and Synergy with Saryn etc? Telos Boltor.

The Telos is a side grade, both are good weapons, but i'd personally say grab the Telos unless you want to spend heaps of plat buying someones Prime set.

I personally prefer telos over prime. The range at which the spread matters is outside of how far I usually am from enemies and the truth effect is a nice semi-consistent heal. It really comes down to preference which you run with.

Telos Boltor does not beat Boltor Prime is Sustained DPS.

Prime has slightly more status and much better accuracy.

Telos has better handling via mag size and the syndicate proc.

There's not really a big difference either way though.

Telos Boltor is less accurate than prime but it is not horrible. Its projectile speed is also lower than boltor prime, so that is also affecting your accuracy. Adjust your aim accordingly and you have no problem with it. Truth effect is also good to have.

I would use Telos over prime. Unless you're collecting all weapon, there's no need to waste 200p on boltor prime. 

1 hour ago, Eleodon said:

Boltor Prime, cause... The legend, aka the old time when everyone had Boltor prime, instead of Cancermulor synoid :facepalm:

This. Well done mate. I would give you best answer, but I don't want to fool anyone else that comes to this thread.

Edited by TheCyanNerd

I've got both and while I use the Telos from time to time I use the Prime pretty much never.

I like the bigger magazine and the proc on the Telos more than a few extra points of damage off the Prime.

Also since it's designed more as a Close Quarters Combat weapon than for long range marksmanship then any difference in long range accuracy and travel time becomes negligible. 

If you think you might prefer the Prime just in case you want to shoot at unusually long ranges then I'd recommend back the Telos up with the Lex Prime which if you don't already have you can probably buy for like 30 plat =p

Boltors are basically SAW's (Squad Automatic Weapons) not "combat rifles" like the Soma. 

Plus maybe this year we'll see Rhino Prime get un-Vaulted along with the Boltor Prime (and Ankyros). Might be worth waiting for.

Spoiler

Image result for rhino prime access

Cheers!
~R~

2 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Plus maybe this year we'll see Rhino Prime get un-Vaulted along with the Boltor Prime (and Ankyros). Might be worth waiting for.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for rhino prime access

Cheers!
~R~

I actually want Rhino Prime to get unvaulted so badly- I need that golden crotch! But seriously, I will have no life for that month.