Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers]My understanding on what Technocyte is at the moment and its possible relations

EmptyDevil

I made 2 charts since Helminth was introduced. I'm not entirely sure of where it stands in the relationships, but i assume it is before the Warframes despite referring to Nidus as its master. More info is needed from DE.

Chart without Helminth

psv5kXP.png

Chart with Helminth

RNbtUN0.png

In other words, i believe Technocyte is to Warframes/Sentients/Infested, as the Origin of Life is to all living things. In a sense.

613b3e3c444f3bbcd5d5e9a43e9fc504.jpg

Thoughts?

Edited by EmptyDevil
  • Like 1

the of sentients are adaptive and highly regenerative

but unlike the infested or the warframes that variation is nuked if exposed to void?

i have some suspicions if they are they derived from technocyte , but rather another nanomachine[nonorganic] [replicator] type of tech

the other points seem on ball to me  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I'll be agreeing with the above mentioned detail on Sentients. They're made long before the virus for the purpose of surviving harsh conditions and preparing the Tau system for colonization. The virus was engineered during the war as a way to counter their ability to assimilate technology. 

shouldn't the right side of the chart be longer? the Infestation in it's raw form could only assimilate Organic matter, and was more plant like, as seen in the Derelict where the original outbreaks began. then Alad V changed it so that it could also assimilate synthetic material and retain it's properties (also possibly the cause of the Great Plague). that's a big step, so why isn't that there? anyway, let me throw a wild theory your way:

Nidus was an Archimedian/Orokin scientist who worked on the Warframes, and invented the first form of Technocyte.

Helminth refers to Nidus as his "master", right? the Nidus Warframe could be named after Helminth's creator, and the person responsible for the Technocyte. I believe that this Archimedian/scientist Nidus, after creating his bio-weapon, wanted to test it's effects on himself. if there were no willing test subjects, and the Orokin didn't kidnap anyone for them (which let's face it, they would do that because they're kind of A-holes), the only way Nidus would know how his creation reacted with organic matter would be to test it on himself. maybe he did it in a quest for his own personal power, but either way,  scientist Nidus would be consumed by this new biological entity, and possibly contribute to the first outbreak. perhaps this "proto-Nidus" (sounds awesome.) was still self aware, and wanted to end his life as he may have been suffering while being consumed by his experiment. suppose he ends his life, no more proto-Nidus, but then the Orokin, in their typical "let's do weird science" mood, take Proto-Nidus' body and with a few alterations, turn his corpse into a Warframe for a Tenno. Helminth would continue to refer to the Warframe Nidus as his "Master", because he would recognise the frame as the former body of his creator, the Archimedian/Scientist Nidus.

obviously this is just of the top of my head, but IMO, this make sense: the Orokin loved tinkering with Bio-weapons, they also had no idea what they were doing, a guy gets consumed, the outbreaks begin, Nidus becomes a monster, the Orokin take his dead/killed body and make it into a Warframe experiment.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

unlike the infested or the warframes that variation is nuked if exposed to void?

Because it was programmed or modified to have a fatal flaw to the Void. This was said in the Crewman Synthesis imprint.

ylGh7kx.jpg

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have some suspicions if they are they derived from technocyte , but rather another nanomachine[nonorganic] [replicator] type of tech

There is no reason to assume there must be another thing that is basically an originator, like technocyte, when the technology is there already with similar properties.

Sentients are techno-organic. This is also alluded to in the Crew Synthesis Imprint. It can also be inferred from its description as a "creature" and its gelatinous interior.

2rGjJPs.jpg

• Like 1

What proof is there that the Sentient is made from the technocyte?

Quite on the contrary, it is more often thought that the Technocyte was developed during the Sentient war and used against them in a vain attempt to fight them. Therefore, the modern Technocyte was created after the Sentient had been produced, sent to Tau, and had come back full of vengeance.

Now, it is possible that the Technocyte was a more developed type of Sentient tissue (as in, the Orokin tweaked the original Archimedean recipe to make the Sentient), but that's pure speculation, although interesting.

No, at the end, I think we have only two sort of Infestation: the wild infectious sort, and the Tenno-controlled sort.

Is Technocyte even a thing in WF's lore?

The link to Dark Sector was completely severed, and I'm pretty sure that the game makes no mention of Technocyte whatsoever. The last mention I saw was Nekros' SotD description (the "technocyte nanobots" thing), which was retconned within weeks of his release in 2013.

Edited by SortaRandom

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Sentients are not of the Infestation line. They are inorganic, for starters, and do not have a hive mind.

They aren't in the line of the Infestation. You need to read the chart properly, you don't skip arrows and jump boxes.

OkPWL1M.jpg

Also pay attention to the lore. They do share a mind link in a way that mirrors the Infestation's hive mind. How do you think Hunhow can find us through his fragments? How do you think he invaded Lotus' mind in The Second Dream, in order to trick her into revealing the Reservoir's location?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

The link to Dark Sector was completely severed, and I'm pretty sure that the game makes no mention of Technocyte whatsoever. The last mention I saw was Nekros' SotD description (the "technocyte nanobots" thing), which was retconned within weeks of his release in 2013.

It is in the description of Nano Spores in game.

Sounds plausible at least, though I don't think Sentient are technocyte based and I feel warframes themselves are not the same strain as Helminth; but it works well enough. The description for technocyte related items, nanospores, plastids, mutagen samples, and mass have referenced Technocyte in the past and likely will again if they don't. Lotus and Hunhow seem too disgusted by Infestation in general for me to believe they are related organisms; but more of a parallel evolution of different tech.

10 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Because it was programmed or modified to have a fatal flaw to the Void. This was said in the Crewman Synthesis imprint.

ylGh7kx.jpg

There is no reason to assume there must be another thing that is basically an originator, like technocyte, when the technology is there already with similar properties.

Sentients are techno-organic. This is also alluded to in the Crew Synthesis Imprint. It can also be inferred from its description as a "creature" and its gelatinous interior.

2rGjJPs.jpg

im familiar with this , but like all lore 

its not stating specific facts, that leads to interpretation variants

for example the flaw could be a natural condition due to the self regeneration = replication ability

if void scrambles this capability its easier to explain

programming technoorganic matter in this way would be difficult 

theoretically if we look at them in a more mechanized way its more feasible and makes more sense 

void burns away the regen capability and takes then the replication capability

not my work but an example to explain my thought process 

[edit: by which i mean that if its replicating and how it could form/adapt]

Image result for replicator robot gif

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

It is in the description of Nano Spores in game.

Oh hot damn. Never noticed that.

When was the last time the description was updated, though? Considering that no other mention of Technocyte is made at all IIRC (and, like I said, even scrapped entirely in the case of Nekros), I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just an outdated relic from back when the devs intended for WF to be tied to DS's lore.

Edited by SortaRandom

4 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

coined term and refer to silver grove quotes, i believe they talk on it

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

They aren't in the line of the Infestation. You need to read the chart properly, you don't skip arrows and jump boxes.

Also pay attention to the lore. They do share a mind link in a way that mirrors the Infestation's hive mind. How do you think Hunhow can find us through his fragments? How do you think he invaded Lotus' mind in The Second Dream, in order to trick her into revealing the Reservoir's location?

1: Technocyte is essentially infestation, through and through. Separating "technocyte" and "infested" is simply not possible. Sentients are utterly disconnected from the entirety of it because it is not based on technocyte. It is adaptive nanotech, not viral.

2: Hunhow is not a hive mind of all Sentients, he is connected to his fragments alone. Natah is his spawn, so he has a connection with her as well but it is far less powerful. His fragments are essentially extensions of himself.

you tell me to pay attention to the lore, yet the lore itself would prove what I have stated.

Just now, Urlan said:

Sounds plausible at least, though I don't think Sentient are technocyte based and I feel warframes themselves are not the same strain as Helminth; but it works well enough. The description for technocyte related items, nanospores, plastids, mutagen samples, and mass have referenced Technocyte in the past and likely will again if they don't. Lotus and Hunhow seem too disgusted by Infestation in general for me to believe they are related organisms; but more of a parallel evolution of different tech.

To put it in perspective, all life on earth came from one point and evolved, branching out to result in very different creatures. We wouldn't consider ourselves to be related to insects, but if you go back far enough, all creatures will have a common point they branched from.

613b3e3c444f3bbcd5d5e9a43e9fc504.jpg

If the Sentients are related to the infested, I would put it somewhat differently, since I believe the Sentients came befor the infestation. And sorry for butchering your chart.

z6U3pxf.png

I've been thinking, maybe Helminth is what makes us immune to the infestation?

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i believe i am remembering the part were she refers to the infested biologists? [doing this from memory] 

That's about the Infestation, though. A virus created by the Orokin to combat the Sentients.

Technocyte is a virus created in an American lab during the Cold War. There is nothing ingame (aside from the Nano Spores description, which is likely just outdated) suggests that the two are related.

Edited by SortaRandom

7 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Oh hot damn. Never noticed that.

When was the last time the description was updated, though? Considering that no other mention of Technocyte is made at all IIRC (and, like I said, even scrapped entirely in the case of Nekros), I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just an outdated relic from back when the devs intended for WF to be tied to DS's lore.

I'm not sure, but DE did tidy up some descriptions for various things and didn't touch Nano Spores. The word Technocyte is canon until stated otherwise IMO. DE did say some elements from Dark Sector are to be kept, and i'm guessing things that aren't characters are one of them.

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

If the Sentients are related to the infested, I would put it somewhat differently, since I believe the Sentients came befor the infestation. And sorry for butchering your chart.

z6U3pxf.png

I've been thinking, maybe Helminth is what makes us immune to the infestation?

The Sentients wouldn't be first because the Orokin created them. The Orokin created them from something, so it would have to be a small building block as a starting point, not a large preexisting organism. It would be like saying humans came before atoms.

Well... Helminth shares a common point with the ravenous variant of the infestation, Warframes are made from it, the Tenno project their minds into those Warframes, so that is basically one possible reason we're immune.

29 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

What proof is there that the Sentient is made from the technocyte?

Quite on the contrary, it is more often thought that the Technocyte was developed during the Sentient war and used against them in a vain attempt to fight them. Therefore, the modern Technocyte was created after the Sentient had been produced, sent to Tau, and had come back full of vengeance.

Now, it is possible that the Technocyte was a more developed type of Sentient tissue (as in, the Orokin tweaked the original Archimedean recipe to make the Sentient), but that's pure speculation, although interesting.

No, at the end, I think we have only two sort of Infestation: the wild infectious sort, and the Tenno-controlled sort.

Except multiple posters in this thread are overlapping Infestation and Technocyte definitions. OP is trying to say that Technocyte is the origin of all techno-biological weapon variants we now refer to as "Infestation," pre-dating sentients themselves because it was used to form them. 

Whether or not this is correct is yet to be known, it's just OP's take on things.

Edited by Beartornado

3 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

The Sentients wouldn't be first because the Orokin created them. The Orokin created them from something, so it would have to be a small building block as a starting point, not a large preexisting organism. It would be like saying humans came before atoms.

Well... Helminth shares a common point with the ravenous variant of the infestation, Warframes are made from it, the Tenno project their minds into those Warframes, so that is basically one possible reason we're immune.

Considering the Orokin created the infestation as well, how is it not possible?

As for the term "technocyte," The last time it was used by the developers to directly refer to in-game aspects was in February 2016, so not too long ago compared to the full history of the game.