Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Decent Sentinel Type For A Nekros Prime?

ZombieLorde91

Question

So I'm going to apologize in advance because I believe this would require a lengthy explanation to get the best answer. Anyways I use my Nekros Prime for most of my missions. He isn't built around Desecrate which most meta builds for him do. I got built around Shadows of the Dead with enough energy for me to allow Desecrate to be on for a long time due to how I built him as well as his other 2 skills. For me, he is great to where he is standing at. Here is how I got him built and yes this is an important part which I'll explain very shortly.

---

School - Zenurik: I have all powers to it active and maxed except Temporal Storm & Time Stream. I don't like those 2 abilities due to often it procs on me.

Aura & Exilus Mod - Rejuvenation & Coaction Drift with both maxed.

Mods - Shield of Shadows, Redirection, Vitality, Prime Flow, Blind Rage, Intensify, Primed Continuity & Streamline which all are maxed.

Arcane - Rank 4 (Maxed) Arcane Energize on my Day of the Dead Igaro Syandana.

---

So for me he is fine due to my playstyle. My "pet" is a different story though. I know that I want a Sentinel due to the Vaccum Mod and how much it makes my life easier. I know that the Vulklok is the Sentinel Weapon I want my little drone to have. I'm not worried about fire rate so it's going to stay. I'm also not worried about being cloaked either since I can just sneak around quite easily. So this will let pick almost whichever kind right?

Well that is where I'm stumped on. What I need is a Sentinel whose unique Precepts will compliment my Warframe build and my playstyle. Again I don't need the Shade since I can move around undetected quite well. The Sentinels unique Attack Precepts also needs to account for how far it'll fire the Vulklok.

Your opinions members of the Warframe community?

7 answers to this question

• if you want a sentinel for vacuum you do NOT want to give it an attack mod
    every sentinel that attacks will draw attention and will provoke counter fire resulting in a more likely death of the sentinel
    for sentinels without an attack mod id recommend
    1. Helios - Investigator gets all the scans for you and then later Detect Vulnerability use for some sweet damage multiplier spots
    2. Carrier Prime - highest health and shield, can take a punch, use Ammo Case if your ammo management is crappy
    3. Wyrm Prime - use Crowd Dispersion for some nice stuns
    4. Djinn - use Fatal Attraction to draw enemys towards you (draws counter fire)
  • if you want to use a sentinel with an attack mod it will die quickly but hey at least it shot a few times i guess
    i personally hate sentinels with attack mods but if necessary id recommend these
    1. Djinn - has the highest attack range and Fatal Attraction to lure enemys quicker towards you
    2. Diriga - lots of CC

I use carrier for low level (max 80) missions where it can survive. Why carrier? Simply because it is the most durable, even more so with the health orbs from desecrate.

However, it still dies in long survivals, so I use my adarza instead (cat's eye boosts crit weapons DPS insanely, and it is available for 10 seconds every 30 second - basically 1/3 of the time)

Even if it has no vacuum, everything is more useful than a dead sentinel.

I know it is off topic, but I couldn't resist to write my opinion on your nekros build:
I would drop intensify, it doesn't add that much on top of blind rage, and switch streamline for despoil + equilibrium. I know that you have arcane energize, so that might be overkill though.
And with a despoil build, you can keep up 3 health conversion stacks easily, so I'd use that instead of redirection.

I'm really enjoying my Djinn (with a Blast + Electricity status-heavy Prisma Burst Laser woo),
its long attack range (60m, only Diriga has more at 70m) should work nicely for Vulklok
and that 24m radial enemy disable is pretty serious business :D

Carrier Prime would be neat for its sturdyness but beyond that,
Ammo Case is a bit silly on a Frame that can generate ammo all over the place,
as is the short attack range (lol 10m) for Vulklok.

Diriga is the second choice in terms of survivability, plus longest attack range = yay.
However, I'm not too fond of either of its unique precepts (YMMV),
Arc Coil's proc chance is too low to be anywhere near reliable CC
while Electro Pulse only works on one enemy and I believe deactivates Vacuum etc.

Wyrm Prime might be decent also, your Shadows should make good enough decoys
to allow it to get by on / easily recharge its not-insignificant Shields,
30m attack range is plenty and the frequent radial ragdolls are not least entertaining :P