The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutagen fix simplified - Helminth could help!

main_antagonist

In Devstream 85:  The cost will not be changed, because people worked hard for the mutagen they have. Which makes sense and I think is a fair move by the DE team

34 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Hema Mutagen Sample Costs
• In order to honour the players that have already worked to research the Hema, the Mutagen Sample cost will remain
• There is consideration being put into raising the Mutagen Sample droprate or having it drop in chunks of 2 or 3 to alleviate the grind

My idea for a fix will help new players who need the high amounts of mutagen, veterans already have a massive stockpile already giving us a farming advantage ... so I came up with an idea.

Idea #1

'Helminth Charger Passive - Doubles Mutagen Sample drops.'

Idea #2

'Helminth Charger Passive - Enemies killed by Helminth drop Mutagen Samples.'

My ideas helps new players catch up since the Hema is a new weapon and the Helminth Charger is a new companion. I believe it is a reasonable compromise in my opinion :) @[DE]Steve @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan

Edited by main_antagonist
Added AM's Topic to my OP, Added a 2nd passive concept.

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Why not just make drop more common ?

They stated they will increase the droprate on stream, but the amount required is still a large number and it's not the only item in the game to require mutagen samples.

I stated that the Hema and the Helminth Charger are both new additions, so it would be incentive for players to want to get the charger ASAP because that will help farm mutagen more efficiently. 

Edit: This also means down the track other companions would most likely receive passives.

Edit2: Also I doubt it would ever be implemented but it would be cool if there was some feature to buff Helminth depending on how much mutagen you have, side note we now have the infested segment of our ships I have a feeling we'll be needing much more mutagen in the future.

Edited by main_antagonist
other companions

8 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

In Devstream 85:  The cost will not be changed, because people worked hard for the mutagen they have. Which makes sense and I think is a fair move by the DE team

How I interpreted this: Active hardcore resource farming clans ruined the clantech resource farming curve for the rest of us.

Is that too salty? Going for just a tasty amount.

Simply just increase the amount of drops and drops more commonly then you can get without boosters 50-80-100 unit per mission depend on how much you stay. This seems reasonable and not ruin the game. If they decided already the trend to add highly expensive items to the research table then they should minimum compensate the players for the hard farming and let us get more.

51 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Why not just make drop more common ?

Just making the drop more common - which is what they are considering doing - means that the difficulty of all the other things that needed Mutagen Samples (aside from Hema) will be gone.

A true rebalance would be to increase the cost of other things and drop the cost of Hema - I think they haven't even thought about doing it that way.

---

Anyway, creative ways to get Mutagen Samples are better because they may stay rare enough for new players while they research the other things in the lab, but viable for more advanced players who may want to research Hema.

The idea on this vein that I have collected is adding Mutagen Samples as a drop of Juggernaut, what do you think about that?

---

What do I want? I want them to drop the cost, yet they have already said they will not do that.

13 minutes ago, theraot said:

Just making the drop more common - which is what they are considering doing - means that the difficulty of all the other things that needed Mutagen Samples (aside from Hema) will be gone.

Meaning something like more common on Eris for example, where are rare drop, not keeping them strictly at Derelict missions

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Meaning something like more common on Eris for example, where are rare drop, not keeping them strictly at Derelict missions

I see, well, if it gets boosted in Eris, why not make it available as a faction resource from any infested, just rare. That way we will have more options to go to farm it, and I don't have to be as repetitive.

Just make the drops as common as fieldron samples and det. The problem will solve itself. This way, in the same 20 round ODD instead of (with a booster) getting 50-80 you'd get 2-300+. This will take a ton of the edge off.