Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus's energy gain from Virulence should not refund more than the original cost

Kaokasalis

Currently Nidus gains 10 energy per enemy hit with Virulence. If you gather a large swarm of enemies with Larva, its really easy to max out your energy with just a few casts. Nidus already has good damage, CC, tankiness, immunity to enemy CC (Parasitic Link) and the ability to heal team mates (Ravenous). He should at least have the same problem that all other frames have(except Trinity and Limbo) which is energy consumption. He needs to build stacks with Virulence to function but that is easily trivialized with how much energy that can be restored. Virulence should only be able to restore the initial casting cost and not more beyond that. This would at least add a element of caution to playing Nidus compared to all the benefits he currently has and not make him feel like an angry tap dancer.

Edited by Hieracon

Rage instantly negates any premise of having a limited energy pool for Nidus,

I, for one, think that it adds a nice reward for players who take the time to aim and make sure to include more than four enemies. Considering the fact that the energy return is based entirely off your efficiency, having high efficiency requires many more enemies to be hit to max your energy out, whilst having low efficiency rewards more, but has a higher risk of waste if you don't manage to hit much.

With Primed Flow, Zenurik and Rage, I still find that I run out of energy if I'm using abilities carelessly. 

Also, considering the fact that his 3 and 4 don't cost energy at all, it's not really a prime concern in terms of balancing him.

If you were to push for an energy balance, I'd say each enemy hit after the first 4 only counts for half the energy return or something, but I really don't see it as an issue (unless you also want to nerf Zenurik and Rage)

3 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

And what about Trinity?

What about Trinity? Trinity is a support oriented frame. While she can tank to some degree with Link, restoring health and energy is all shes good for where as Nidus has multiple areas he exceeds in. Its not that i dont think Energy Vampire is an issue but thats another matter for another thread that you are welcome to make.

Edited by Hieracon

14 hours ago, Hieracon said:

What about Trinity? Trinity is a support oriented frame. While she can tank to some degree with Link, restoring health and energy is all shes good for where as Nidus has multiple areas he exceeds in. Its not that i dont think Energy Vampire is an issue but thats another matter for another thread that you are welcome to make.

Nidus has a healing AOE so therefore he can be listed as a support, on top of that he also has his link which buffs allies and gives them damage ... Nidus is a Hybrid frame, Tank, Damage, Support. Complaining about his energy returns is the same as complaining about nerfing the energy returns on trinity, nidus gets less energy back and then he can't buff his allies. All that does is hurt the squadmates and encourage selfish gameplay where they don't link to allies or heal near allies.