Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick javlok riven riven...or is it?

DefectiveMagus

Question

After months of playing sorties and getting 2k endo,4k endo,lens,lens,greater lens and so on xD i have finally got a riven mod.Mission was kill 17 enemies without touching the floor,ez just took nidus to a infested defense and hoped around like a bunny on crack.

And what i got is this:

javlok_zps62mj3bsw.jpg

I have tested it out,during primary fire its barely noticable but with the secondary trow the spear goes twice the lenght and barely drops since it goes twice as quick.

But i personally dont really like waisting a riven stat on faster flight speed,but i dont know how everybody else feels about that.And this is the first time in like 5 riven mods i got that when i unveiled it i actually got decent stats on it.

So im wondering if i should reroll it or try to sell it? I am not a big fan of the spear thing but with these stats vs the grineer it absolutely destroys so i guess it could be sortie viable.

15 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Honestly, that riven isn't good at all.

23 minutes ago, AoBaka said:

big fan of the spear thing but with these stats vs the grineer it absolutely destroys so i guess it could be sortie viable.

Flight speed and potential other (better) buffs aside, don't forget that this is almost a fully ranked primed bane of grineer, which is pretty strong if you know how and when to use it. I'd still reroll it, because you can definitely get a better roll, that is maybe also suited for other factions.

1 minute ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Flight speed and potential other (better) buffs aside, don't forget that this is almost a fully ranked primed bane of grineer, which is pretty strong if you know how and when to use it. I'd still reroll it, because you can definitely get a better roll, that is maybe also suited for other factions.

correction: it's not as best as it can be, but I believe that's not enough flight speed, if i remember correctly, i've seen 130+ before.

And it does not have other beneficial stats. That grineer dmg is to specific.

Just now, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

correction: it's not as best as it can be, but I believe that's not enough flight speed, if i remember correctly, i've seen 130+ before.

And it does not have other beneficial stats. That grineer dmg is to specific.

Given Grineer are present on Mercury, Sedna, Saturn, Uranus, Derelicts, Mars, the Kuva Fortress, and in the Void to an extent, it's not bad.

Contrast with the Corpus, who are on Venus, Phobos, Europa, Jupiter, Pluto, and in the Void, or the Infested, who are on two nodes every planet, Eris, and Invasions.  And the Void.

It might be too specific, yes, but among the factions, Grineer are the most plentiful, so...

i thought the fligth  speed really makes it fly quickly so you can snipe with the spear on longer ranges and cause of the +dmg to grineer it would make it really strong against the grineer since the +dmg is dealth at the end of all the dmg calculation so its better than just pure +dmg,and the gun is meant for vs grineer i guess? i mean you wont use it vs the infested cause of the slow fire rate and maybe against the corpus

17 minutes ago, AoBaka said:

i mean you wont use it vs the infested cause of the slow fire rate

It's actually pretty fun when you have enough room to play with it. Let the infested surround you, bullet jump straight up, throw javlok straight down.

25 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Given Grineer are present on Mercury, Sedna, Saturn, Uranus, Derelicts, Mars, the Kuva Fortress, and in the Void to an extent, it's not bad.

Contrast with the Corpus, who are on Venus, Phobos, Europa, Jupiter, Pluto, and in the Void, or the Infested, who are on two nodes every planet, Eris, and Invasions.  And the Void.

It might be too specific, yes, but among the factions, Grineer are the most plentiful, so...

An element such as toxin or electric is >>>>> grineer bonus damage

More versatility and you can indeed get grineer bonus damage from the element.

You will see some rivens which have a negative faction stat, but people keep that because the other stats are just much better in comparison.

1 minute ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

An element such as toxin or electric is >>>>> grineer bonus damage

More versatility and you can indeed get grineer bonus damage from the element.

You will see some rivens which have a negative faction stat, but people keep that because the other stats are just much better in comparison.

But then that added elemental damage adds to the bonus damage versus the Grineer as well.  You can run Magnetic and use the flat damage boost to compensate at lower levels, or run Corrosive and go full-on anti-Grineer.