The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The King is back(Riven brings life to old wep)

White_Matter

So I got an Acrid Riven the other day and after a couple of rolls I finally settled with this : 

DPHjYB4.jpg

Like the title says, the king is back baby ! Acrid is legit again.

With that mod setup, I can melt lvl 125 corrupted heavy gunner and bombard with 1 clip. 

And with the punch through I take down hordes of enemies. Better use it with an invis frame though because you just want to unload a clip and watch everything die afterwards from the DOT.

Post your rivens that made forgotten weapons legit again. And by legit, I mean getting the job done in the lvl 100 range.

So? It's just a +200% to 230% damage to the innate toxic proc, which is based on the toxic-proportion of Acrid damage.

Unless DE either buff it's status chances/ introduce a +status damage mod/ increase base toxic damage, Acrid will not be King again.

Sadly many forgotten weapons were forgotten for a reason and Riven mods won't really bring them back.

Weapons that are naturally decent have been improved.

Weapons with 50%+ base Slash damage like Braton Prime or Base Toxic with good status like Paracyst.

BTW Gunners are pretty easy to down with pure Corrosive which ignores a portion of Ferrite armor even before status procs. The true test for a weapon's armor shredding ability is a Napalm.

Spoiler

mI3QFSE.jpg

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Sadly many forgotten weapons were forgotten for a reason and Riven mods won't really bring them back.

Weapons that are naturally decent have been improved.

Weapons with 50%+ base Slash damage like Braton Prime or Base Toxic with good status like Paracyst.

BTW Gunners are pretty easy to down with pure Corrosive which ignores a portion of Ferrite armor even before status procs. The true test for a weapon's armor shredding ability is a Napalm.

Hide contents

mI3QFSE.jpg

I tested on corrupted bombard too.  Isn't he more resistant to corrosive ? Eitherway he also goes down in one magazine. The dot with the additional damage and the syndicate augment is pretty insane.  I'll make a video of it, looks awesome.

3 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

I recently got a nice acrid riven as well, should give it some love again.

Qm4gomH.jpg

Wow, thats actually better than mine. I mean, I'd prefer punch through to cold and flight speed under certain circumstances but still it inflicts way more damage. 

The ammo amount on my mod however, as useless as it seems, is pretty useless because you want to spam magazine after magazine with acrid in high level missions. And you never run out of ammo. 

Edited by White_Matter

7 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I tested on corrupted bombard too.  Isn't he more resistant to corrosive ? Eitherway he also goes down in one magazine. The dot with the additional damage and the syndicate augment is pretty insane.  I'll make a video of it, looks awesome.

Yea, that's the idea. The only thing that takes down high level Alloy are Corrosive procs or Finisher damage. So if you can take them down easily the rest is cake.

Do you happen to be shooting the enemies while stealth? I ask because of the Avatar you're using. I've found some Guns exploit melee stealth multiplier damage with Toxic and Gas procs. Giving you yellow numbers when they shouldn't. Not sure if Acrid does this. Stealth multipliers have become a total mess these days.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Yea, that's the idea. The only thing that takes down high level Alloy are Corrosive procs or Finisher damage. So if you can take them down easily the rest is cake.

Do you happen to be shooting the enemies while stealth? I ask because of the Avatar you're using. I've found some Guns exploit melee stealth multiplier damage with Toxic and Gas procs. Giving you yellow numbers when they shouldn't. Not sure if Acrid does this. Stealth multipliers have become a total mess these days.

Yeah, I was using ash in stealth. No CP or companion debuff though. 

Just empty the magazine and let the dot melt them within a few seconds.

6 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah, I was using ash in stealth. No CP or companion debuff though. 

Just empty the magazine and let the dot melt them within a few seconds.

Yea.. are they yellow numbers though? I get 25k Toxic ticks on Simulor if I'm stealth.

Edited by Xzorn