Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question concerning Sonicor build: Pummel vs. RIven

toafarmer

Question

So, I got a decent Riven Mod for Sonicor and I'm thinking on replacing Pummel for it, but I'm not sure what will be better. Below is a SS of the build I'm using and the Riven. Reload speed seems pretty usefull for Sonicor, but I don't know if the 87.9% dmg + 32.6% flight speed will surpass Pummel concerning DPS. Any thoughts?

xUXbW0W.jpg

7 answers to this question

(Off-topic but just wanted to acknowlegde / applaud you for arranging your Mods in a visually pleasing way, heh.)

Yeah, +Damage and two QOL (also DPS) increases, can't go wrong with that.

Although ... dunno if a dual stat Mod or two wouldn't maybe have been a good idea,
to boost that nice (hidden, because WTF Arsenal UI) 25% status chance. *shrug*

11 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Couldn't you just compare the numbers before and after and see which would really suit your needs best? That being said, I would take the Riven, it's a pretty easy choice considering Sonicor's long reload and flight speed.

To compare I would have to forma the Sonicor (and if it is worse forma again), this is why I decided to get advice from more experienced players before trying. After the advices (thank you all) I'm willing to go for the Riven. My doubt was because I will have a significant decrease on impact dmg, and I didn't know if the +dmg input would be enough to cover it (Pummel 120% impact vs. Riven 87.9%).

Also, should I keep rerolling this Riven? If so, what would be the ideal Riven for Sonicor? Its crit chance is pretty low, not sure if I'd try to go for crit chance or just leave it as it is. 

42 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

To compare I would have to forma the Sonicor (and if it is worse forma again), this is why I decided to get advice from more experienced players before trying. After the advices (thank you all) I'm willing to go for the Riven. My doubt was because I will have a significant decrease on impact dmg, and I didn't know if the +dmg input would be enough to cover it (Pummel 120% impact vs. Riven 87.9%).

Also, should I keep rerolling this Riven? If so, what would be the ideal Riven for Sonicor? Its crit chance is pretty low, not sure if I'd try to go for crit chance or just leave it as it is. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Couldn't u just kick Primed H Charge, swap Pummel on her place, Deep Freeze on Pummel slot and add Riven to D polarity where Deep Freeze was?

^This. No need to put the 8th polarity. If the position doesn't float your boat, you can also swap the polarities position at any time for free.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart