The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

1 minute ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

my only real concern. If they just made sentinels go invisible or something during bleed-out, then it'd be perfect.

90% of the time, my Carrier/Helios dies while I'm bleeding out. And 98% of the times that I'm bleeding out, it's because some ridiculous DPS unit (or rampart) just aimbotted me down.

Thats exactly right. So it doesn't really help at all. Only if your squad gets to you within 8 seconds of the 11 seconds invulnerable phase after a regen because it take 3 seconds to revive in most cases? Thats if u ever get downed? I dont remember the last time I was downed....

PrimedRegen.png

Finally the sentinel won't be dead for the whole mission. 3x revive is like OP. :D 

<3 <3 DE

EDIT : 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

Edited by KingNoobsta
updated info :D + Primed Mod Image added.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Thats exactly right. So it doesn't really help at all. Only if your squad gets to you within 8 seconds of the 11 seconds invulnerable phase after a regen because it take 3 seconds to revive in most cases? Thats if u ever get downed? I dont remember the last time I was downed....

Play something that doesnt consist of max lvl 40 enemies.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

At max rank you get 11 seconds per regen, but the only time your sentinels take damge is when your downed....

But you said you never go down, so I guess I'm not really sure what your concern with the mod is in the first place?

And going down should at max burn only 2 of the 3 possible regens with the invulnerability phases if you're revived at the last second.  So this mod appears to address your concern perfectly.  If you don't go down, your sent will live through the odd blast damage.  If you do go down, your sent will live through at least one whole bleedout timer with another regen left.  It appears to have addressed your original concerns perfectly.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

At max rank you get 11 seconds per regen, but the only time your sentinels take damge is when your downed....

Enemy AoE attacks <<< dont forget those.

Which my kubrow and kavats survive but sentinels dont, I also survive those.

Still better than previous option = none.

And yes, 11 secs max is to encourage teammates to actually resurrect you before bleedout, so just like when pets revive were introduced, learning curve.

And about Sentinels not taking damage until you are down...Djinn says hi.

5 minutes ago, bjorndadwarf said:

But you said you never go down, so I guess I'm not really sure what your concern with the mod is in the first place?

And going down should at max burn only 2 of the 3 possible regens with the invulnerability phases if you're revived at the last second.  So this mod appears to address your concern perfectly.  If you don't go down, your sent will live through the odd blast damage.  If you do go down, your sent will live through at least one whole bleedout timer with another regen left.  It appears to have addressed your original concerns perfectly.

You know what, your right. Just salty over here, wanted a prime kubrow mod. Pay no attention to me. 

I actually like Prime Regen. 3x auto revives to full health for sentinels is quite useful in long term farming missions after being in there for a while, once the enemies begin dealing a ton of damage and whatnot. Baro doesn't get a... lot of new things, but so far he's had some decent new wares.

Prime Cryo Rounds, This, I'm hoping the trend keeps on, as these are legitimately useful to an extent.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

Then don't use it.

I already have it equipped on my Helios.

I bought it and will use it anyway, because it's the best what we have now, but it doesn't mean that I can't criticize that "solution" for our problems with sentinels.

1 hour ago, Thrymm said:

If your sentinels are dying THAT much, stop standing in fire for cripes sake.  I didn't even lose mine soloing the sortie survival today----in fire, surrounded by toxic ancients and mutalist osprey.

Tell me that when some enemy one shot me or when I use my tanky/shielded frame to help teammates in trouble sacrificing my sentinel in the process. And how I suppose to protect my sentinel in bleedout state on no-secondary weapon sortie conditions?
BTW, infested rarely kill sentinels, and often drop health orbs which heal them.

Actually I don't lose my sentinel so often, mostly because for high levels I take only carrier prime or shade prisma (for spy missions) - I would love to bring my djinn to those missions but even when I'm playing really carefully due to a bug it still draws the aggro of enemies even if I don't give him a weapon.

1 hour ago, armedpoop said:

So basically, 4 seconds of life is better than 2? Alright so its worthless still. 

The seconds of invincibility are a very welcome change tho. 

Yeah, the seconds of invincibility are huge.  Indeed. 

Before, if you got downed in a high level mission, best of luck to you trying to protect your sentinel while buttscooting as you bleed out.

But the extra revives are great in and of themselves - far from worthless. 

Just as in high level content, you can get one-shotted, but the existence of revives gives you some survivability (including noting what got you killed and taking pains to avoid the same fate repeating itself), so it is now with your Sentinel. 

So it is not as though it gives you 4 seconds of life instead of 2, especially now with the invincibility periods  (no more than having revives for a  warframe that can get one-shotted by an enemy in high level content means that you will last only 4 seconds instead of 2).

Though I would have to do further testing, I presume that if it is invisibility you are after, your Huras will be less squishy than your Prisma Shade, and potentially infinitely reviveable, the gap has nevertheless narrowed for those who would gamble some survivability for some of the perks provided by sentinels (vaccuum, etc). And moreover, you don't have to  deal with the hassle of your pet bleeding out and having to revive in manually, which is also a quality of life bonus.

In short, this mod extends Sentinel use by a considerable margin in high level end game content.   

Thumbs up DE!

11 seconds of invulnerability actually makes Primed Regen a good mod. Regular Regen has 6 seconds of invulnerability, which is still decent.

Previously, if you had the misfortune of dying an a region of continuous damage (such as a Mutalist Osprey cloud), your sentinel would expend its revive almost immediately, which was the largest flaw of the Regen mod.

It's not perfect, but it will definitely help with sentinel survivability.

Just now, NecromancerX69 said:

3 revives are better than just one.

*bombard 100 is looking at you behind me*

Nvm... 3 revives are nothing.

Well obviously, but I would say the invulnerability really does give it a survivability bonus. that way you have 5 or 6 seconds to get out of a really hectic area if you really don't want your sentinel to die again. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

You know what, your right. Just salty over here, wanted a prime kubrow mod. Pay no attention to me. 

I'd probably be more likely to be salty about Baro's stuff if I hadn't taken a year long break from Warframe.  I was just getting to the point that I had enough extra prime parts to buy his stuff when I quit playing, and now I'm buying him out every time he shows up cause it's all still "new" to me.  In another couple of months once I'm mostly caught up, I'm sure I'll join the disappointment crowed every two weeks :)