The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

1 hour ago, --Q--Kyl0Ren said:

At high level endurance missions, sentinel is bound to die

31 minutes ago, Sam.NaMiKaZe said:

Take your carrier/shade/wyrm....etc to MOT void , after 60mins you'll see one shot after one shot 

Warframe is not balanced for "endurance runs".  You can get every possible reward at 20 minutes/20 waves/4 intercepts. If you go past this, you are volunteering for additional difficulty. Either your sentinel is critical to your gameplay strategy which means its loss leads to enhanced difficulty, which you signed up for.... or it's not critical, in which case why do you care.

Edited by Momaw

dunno what the issue is... it is a slight improvement and if you have everything else, why not?!
and btw... the myth that a kavat dies less than my wyrm/carrier is exactly that: a myth (yeye all maxxed out..no worries on that score)
maybe a kurbow can keep up with the survivability of my sentinels, but a kubrow has no heal, no guardian, needs to be rezzed, has no vacuum

sentinel > companion..period
only reason not to take a sentinel is sentimentality for the pet..in points of efficiency though....

1 hour ago, NPC said:

Ever since Kavats were brought I've come to a certain conclusion:

Sentinels are meant for farming and just generally low to mid tier maps as they simply cannot handle any dmg. 

Kavats and kubrows are meant for "end game" = Sorties and Raids and other high tier maps, like nightmare modes and kuva floods, as they have higher health and shield pool and u can revive them. 

Problem is that my strategy relies on consuming resources heavily. I will need thousands of ammo and hundreds of energy often, especially since I make use of Primed Ammo Mutation on some weapons. For that, Vacuum is mandatory. That is not to mention about Health Regen, Shield Regen and whatever signature buff that Sentinel may provide. And also the Radiaton + Blast CC on their weapon

In comparison, Kavats and Kubrows are that useless to me that they are very low level only.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

It would be good to change the Regen Mod in a way that when your sentinel is destroyed, after a cooldown it will simply regen and come back, endlessly, but with a cooldown time increase capped over a certain point, with the primed counterpart offering a shorter cooldown. It would be nice to keep the invulnerability period after the regen.
Like at max rank, 30 to max 150 seconds for the normal regen and 25 to 90 for the primed version.
A cool feature would be that if regen is equipped on the sentinel, when fully damaged, it doesn't disappear but simply start a standby self repairing animation for the entire Regen cooldown.

Does the sentinel dies that often? mine barely dies unless im doing some temerary actions or the enemies are too many and high level (Over lvl 80). The sentinel need a reactor and some formas to get all their potential and survavility.

I would like a way to regen the life of the sentinel tho, some kind of passive like 30 health per minute or a new mod that give that effect or a mod with steal life per sentinel kill or damage, well just a way to regen their life.

Ok, with the release of Primed Regen made me think about how Regen works. Me and my friend thought the more you upgraded it the more it respawns but it only really effected how much health your sentinel respawned with, but with the release of Primed Regen it also gives a certain amount of invulnerability after respawing. Primed Regen gives 3 respawns per mission. To me this sucks, this means after your sentinel dies 3 times, if you somehow racked up enough Endo to fully upgrade it, then you get no more use from your sentinel. Primed Regen is truly the most expensive band aid fix we got in this game.

So my idea for actually fixing this is that when a sentinel dies, they have a cool down till they come back. What I would say is that the cooldown would probably last 1 minute and Regen would affect how long the cool down lasts. Like so:

Regen: The time to revive on your sentinel is shortened by

Rank 0: 2.5 seconds

Rank 1: 5 seconds

Rank 2: 7.5 seconds

Rank 3: 10 seconds

Rank 4: 12.5 seconds

Rank 5: 15 seconds

With Primed Regen I would say it brings it down by 30 seconds or maybe 45 seconds

tl;dr: Sentinel respawn sucks, respawn should be on a timer and not a mod

-DerkmeisterPrime

I Just wanted to give a little bit of an explanation of how Regen works before giving my suggestion so it's a little clearer for those who don't quite know the regen mechanic.

• Sentinels only ever die once and the only way to get them back is by dying and reviving yourself.
  • Regen stops the sentinel from dying and then regenerates it's health and shields whilst giving it invincibility based on mod rank.
  • When a regen is used and the player dies, the regen number does not return to it's initial state - e.g. if you used up all your regens, then you died and revived, the sentinel will still have no regens left and it will die like normal.

Taking all of this into account, I feel the main issue is that sentinels are vulnerable when the player is in bleedout, they are easy to destroy at higher levels and the only way to bring them back from death is through player death.

My suggestion:

• Make sentinels inactive and invulnerable (falls "dead" to the ground) whilst the player is in bleedout state - reinitialise sentinel when the player is revived.
  • Remove sentinel death and replace it with a sentinel being deactivated when it has been too damaged. Then have the option to repair the sentinel with an item from your gear wheel, but it takes some time to complete.
  • When the sentinel is repaired, the regen number is reset.
  • The Spare Parts and Self-Destruct mods for the sentinel would be affected by removing death but from what I have seen/heard no one really uses these mods - they can just be removed or changed to do something else.
Edited by Alcoholism

So instead of a mod that we can play around with on different weapons or frames, we get a mod that you can either max and stick on a sentinel or not (since it is such an irrelevent mod to gameplay).    Hopefully they do better on the next primed mod this fall.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:13 PM, InsomnIaC. said:

Not trying to be elitist or judge-y here, but I'm actually curious because that's the first time I've heard someone actually using the mod on warframes. I'm also wondering how that build of yours holds up on the lvl 80-100 enemy range as well.

If it can hold up, well, you've piqued my interest; if it doesn't, I'm not going to judge you either because I acknowledge not everybody spends all his time on Warframe playing at sortie 3 difficulty.

My opinion expressed in my original post was based off the impression that there are many better alternatives to use for durability or survivability. I don't actually main Volt, so I will admit that there are plenty of things I don't know.

Glad I've got you interested! I Truth be told, I don't know how well my build holds up into the high levels of Sorties. I just finished Volt Prime a week ago and am still experimenting with him. So far I've managed to do a good job of hunkering down in Survivals to where the enemies get around Lvl 50, at which point the rest of my squad wants to ditch and they drag me out of the mission.

I'll try out my Volt and his build in today's Sortie and let you know how it goes! :)

UPDATE: So I tried out my Volt build on yesterday's Sortie (except #2, I really needed more CC and couldn't use a melee weapon). I was able to hold my own and provide acceptable utility, though I wasn't exactly carrying the mission. Part of this is due to Volt's fall-off in damage on high level enemies (especially those augmented ones), but a lot of it had to do with the context of the mission (Sortie 3 was a Rescue). My strategy has been to rush into a group and ult, then deal with the stunned targets and repeat, mitigating fire from reinforcements using his 3. In the Rescue mission there wasn't a whole lot of opportunity to utilize this strategy, though it did come in handy as I defended the entrance of the prison vault while my team extracted the hostage.

I'll test this build again on more Sorties, but in yesterday's I was admittedly struggling. Fast Deflection helps in being ready for the next wave of enemies sooner (in Defense, Survival, etc.), but the 2 second period between taking damage and recharging shields still leaves Volt pretty vulnerable. In my build, I can say it's probably the least important mod I have, but I still appreciate it and make good use of it in the right mission types.

Conclusion: while it's solid for Level 50-60 enemies, facing off against the tippy-toppest baddies in the game as melee Volt is no walk in the park. I need to do more experimenting to see if it's my build that needs retouching, or just my skill with Volt (I have only had him for a week, after all).

Edited by SenorClipClop

my thoughts on primed regen are that i didnt even look twice when i saw it

i just thought "oh another one of these" and left the relay, which is the reaction i imagine most people had

and honestly, that should really tell DE something about how much content in the game is kind of just... underwhelming and uninteresting, enough that people can just get used to it

1 hour ago, -VV-Phantom-Phoenix said:

I like primed regen, I dunno why people give it so much hate. Its a good mod thats just an upgrade for all the sentinels i use and i much prefer it to the months that have passed where i haven't spent a single ducat.

like my experience is basically just this, except the non-spending of ducats continues with a sigh and a shrug

Edited by continue

On 1/13/2017 at 9:45 AM, Kuulpb said:

DE... Why is it you have to buff sentinels and not touch kubrows? Sentinels are for players who can't live without vacuum, the people who  speed through the game instead of atcually playing/// It just sucks.

So what do you think of Primed Regen?

There was no need to be rude, and yet you did it anyway.

On 1/13/2017 at 0:45 PM, Kuulpb said:

DE... Why is it you have to buff sentinels and not touch kubrows? Sentinels are for players who can't live without vacuum, the people who  speed through the game instead of atcually playing/// It just sucks.

So what do you think of Primed Regen?

Vacuum's nice but even so, a Kavat or Kubrow can't give me medi-ray, shield charger, free ammo mutation or a point defense shotgun that deals blast procs to keep butchers out of my grille.

They're prettier, though.

Edited by PhoenixFury