The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 weeks in (New player experience)

SCP-000

I wonder if this should be in feedback, oh well. Hi, I'm relatively new and I would like to share what I had experienced in my two weeks of playing this game. 

Don't care? Move along, nothing to see here. 

My first few days, was interesting. Watching the introduction cut scene, one of the Grineers had this glitched face, hilarious at first, but immediately annoyed me right after. Getting into the gameplay, kinda fun, then I noticed the static reloading and magic cartridges flying out of my Lato. "Oh." I said. "Cute." Onto the Braton, I was trying to angle the camera so I can see how it do. "Oh." Again. I also like how when I "quick-melee," my primary weapon magically appear behind my back and I have to "draw" it out to use it again. I get it. "Quick-melee." Ha ha. 

Some of the transmission screens didn't have any lip sync, which was disturbing, and Dravo was apparently on a trampoline. 

Finally out of the cut scene and finishing this beginning quest. My impression was meh. I got worse as I realized from reading other reviews... The grind is annoying. Finishing ranking my first weapons to 30,(someone in region chat said to level all weapons to 30 before swapping to new ones) switching to a new weapon whilst mid way into Venus, everything became so bullet spongy. So I went back to Earth to level some weapons, then it hit me. "Do I have to do this for everything?" 

5 days in, I wanted a mod, Thief's Wit, so I went to Maroo's Bazaar and asked around until someone was generous enough to give me one, expect this generosity wanted 10 platinum with it. Now reading the wiki, this mod is common, so I assumed people who are 5 times my level should have loads of this mod and kind enough to give one to me, I was naive. I rejected the trade and logged off for the day. Tried again the new day, some guy at Mastery Rank 5 gave one to me saying "I wasn't going to use it anyway." I guess all was well in the end.  

Nano-spores. The earliest I can get it is in Saturn and yet there are so many weapons and, most importantly, the Incubator Power Core. I don't understand and I expressed this before in another thread, but why is the Kubrow mission so early on? 4.5k Nano-spores and a argon crystal. Still haven't finished the mission yet. 

2nd week, grinding and slowly losing interest in playing. Today, during a Forma Alert, I was playing with a Loki Prime. When reaching extraction, the guy was using Switch teleport on me, saying "I won't let this end until you kill yourself." Didn't put up with this bull and aborted the game. 

Overall. I'm annoyed, probably won't be playing anymore. 

3 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

just telling my story

Reveal hidden contents

But this offers nothing to other people. Especially the forums. It's not feedback, it's nothing to discuss other than to say "uh, bye?" Why waste your time making it if you're abandoning the game?

You couldn't have put it in the Steam Discussions instead?

Edited by JSharpie

13 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

I wonder if this should be in feedback, oh well. Hi, I'm relatively new and I would like to share what I had experienced in my two weeks of playing this game. 

My first few days, was interesting. Watching the introduction cut scene, one of the Grineers had this glitched face, hilarious at first, but immediately annoyed me right after. Getting into the gameplay, kinda fun, then I noticed the static reloading and magic cartridges flying out of my Lato. "Oh." I said. "Cute." Onto the Braton, I was trying to angle the camera so I can see how it do. "Oh." Again. I also like how when I "quick-melee," my primary weapon magically appear behind my back and I have to "draw" it out to use it again. I get it. "Quick-melee." Ha ha. 

Some of the transmission screens didn't have any lip sync, which was disturbing, and Dravo was apparently on a trampoline. 

Finally out of the cut scene and finishing this beginning quest. My impression was meh. I got worse as I realized from reading other reviews... The grind is annoying. Finishing ranking my first weapons to 30,(someone in region chat said to level all weapons to 30 before swapping to new ones) switching to a new weapon whilst mid way into Venus, everything became so bullet spongy. So I went back to Earth to level some weapons, then it hit me. "Do I have to do this for everything?" 

5 days in, I wanted a mod, Thief's Wit, so I went to Maroo's Bazaar and asked around until someone was generous enough to give me one, expect this generosity wanted 10 platinum with it. Now reading the wiki, this mod is common, so I assumed people who are 5 times my level should have loads of this mod and kind enough to give one to me, I was naive. I rejected the trade and logged off for the day. Tried again the new day, some guy at Mastery Rank 5 gave one to me saying "I wasn't going to use it anyway." I guess all was well in the end.  

Nano-spores. The earliest I can get it is in Saturn and yet there are so many weapons and, most importantly, the Incubator Power Core. I don't understand and I expressed this before in another thread, but why is the Kubrow mission so early on? 4.5k Nano-spores and a argon crystal. Still haven't finished the mission yet. 

2nd week, grinding and slowly losing interest in playing. Today, during a Forma Alert, I was playing with a Loki Prime. When reaching extraction, the guy was using Switch teleport on me, saying "I won't let this end until you kill yourself." Didn't put up with this bull and aborted the game. 

The more sad part is where you think that people  should just give you things free because you are lazy to work or pay for them ... not matter how common are .

Edited by Yagamilight123

No seriously... where is the actual point to this? No offense, but I have nothing to do but tell you that if you don't like it, don't even bother telling your story if you're just leaving. My momma always said attention Wh***s would stop at nothing to get attention, but please, if you don't like it, follow your own advice and "Move along."

Some people will be jerks no matter where you go.They like to troll and frames like Loki and Limbo gets the hate because of trolls like this.

Some points -
1) If you reach the extraction and stay there then Loki can't switch teleport you.
2)You don't have to complete the kubrow quest immediately.(I didn't complete it until I was MR12 and got all the resources needed,but that's just me).
3)Join a clan if you can(small like ghost/shadow is the best).In most clan people will help you.
4)Check out this site "warframe.market" before buying anything.
5)The most important thing is - Play the Game,as in enjoy it,not make it a job or it will drain you out.

I find Piscinas on Saturn to be the sweet spot for leveling. I'm only two weeks in and leveled up a bunch of frames and weapons to 30 so far after grinding there. I felt the same way about the nano spore thing but after some survival runs on Saturn I already have way more spores than I'd ever need.

I like that mission a lot because its just infested and all you have to do is dodge even with a brand new unranked squishy frame,that and the extra resources and exp are nice.

Edited by Proxy345

Just now, SCP-000 said:

To this, I admit my fault. 

Also, a lot of what you said in your OP is misinformed. Have you touched modding? Rank only determines how many mod slots it has, and mastery rank can give you base mod slots.

And you asked for free stuff and expected it be handed to you.

And then you just nitpicked.

If you don't like the game, go give it a bad review on steam, don't post here :|

Just now, Senpai-Valkyr said:

Warframe isn't for everyone, but i'm glad you at least tried the game out. 

Just curious though, what piqued you to play Warframe / what were you looking for in it?

Digging through steam reviews, I thought it'll have an interesting story. Watching some videos and said, "why not."

Many of you guys are complaining about him wanting a free mod.  It's a thief's wit!  That isn't worth giving this new player a headache over, I've met players that were new and had no idea what was going on.  Sadly I am sorry I wasnt there, I would have given you a ton of mods to get you started.

Edited by Danjal777

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Also, a lot of what you said in your OP is misinformed. Have you touched modding? Rank only determines how many mod slots it has, and mastery rank can give you base mod slots.

And you asked for free stuff and expected it be handed to you.

And then you just nitpicked.

If you don't like the game, go give it a bad review on steam, don't post here :|

Modding, of course, if anything thanks to Venus junction. 

That I did.

Bad habit, I know. 

Noted.

From your post, I can tell you're an honest new player that go through the proper route unlike many that taxi their way through an easy way but ended up lousy in skill. 

There is story in Warframe, just that it is not told in a proper way like most paid games. I admit this game is quite a mess as compare to normal paid games, the game design department didn't do a good job. 

37 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

No, you don't have to do this for everything.  Once you've got some decent ranks on your weapon mods as well as more Mastery Ranks, new weapons, Warframes and companions get easier to rank up.  

38 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

Checking the wiki is always a good idea. But in this instance, you probably could have had it drop in a mission in the amount of time you spent looking to trade for it.  I just recently converted 252 of them into Endo. : /

39 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

I have to agree, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the Nano Spores locked so far in, however, there is a short cut; Maroo's Ayaten mission will sometimes pop up on a Derelict map and you can farm Nano Spores there long before you get to Saturn.  

40 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

That's...insane.  I hope you took screenshots and submitted them to Support.  That's really the only way to handle players like that.  Well, that and putting them on ignore so that you don't run into them again.

42 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

Sorry to see you go.  I've been with this game for about 3 years now and still enjoy it for the most part. 

If you change your mind, send me a friend invite and I'll be happy to lend a hand clearing out the planetary nodes.  You might look into joining a clan as well, there are some new player centric clans that focus on helping new players. 

I'd suggest something around Shadow to Mountain size.  https://forums.warframe.com/forum/169-pc-recruitment/

35 minutes ago, SCP-000 said:

My first few days, was interesting. Watching the introduction cut scene, one of the Grineers had this glitched face, hilarious at first, but immediately annoyed me right after.

That's odd. It's most likely some kind of game-file issue, perhaps check the game's file integrity (available from the launcher by clicking the cog, if I remember correctly.

Getting into the gameplay, kinda fun, then I noticed the static reloading and magic cartridges flying out of my Lato. "Oh." I said. "Cute." Onto the Braton, I was trying to angle the camera so I can see how it do. "Oh." Again. I also like how when I "quick-melee," my primary weapon magically appear behind my back and I have to "draw" it out to use it again. I get it. "Quick-melee." Ha ha. 

I'm not sure what you mean by static reloading, and the animations are how they are due both to age of the weapons (both the Braton and the Lato are 3 years old at this time) and the need to keep CPU/GPU overhead to a minimum to maintain performance when there's a lot on screen. You very rarely look at your weapons reloading, so it's not really an issue. The need to redraw your primary weapon after melee and the associated ability to instantly use your melee weapon are both balance and gameplay concerns - if you had to store your gun in order to stab a nearby enemy then the delay would really slow down the gameplay and make it far more clunky.

This sort of confirms to me that their might be an issue with your game's video files. Again, perhaps try verifying them through the launcher and/or Steam.

The grind is an integral part of the game, so if you aren't enjoying it now then perhaps the game isn't for you. Once you have better mods, especially damage mods such as Serration and Pressure Point, you will easily be able to use low-rank weapons in most level <30 missions on the Star Chart. That said, I'm not sure any weapon regardless of rank or mods really makes the enemies on Venus feel like a bullet sponge, so again, perhaps the level of innate bullet sponginess is something you won't enjoy regardless of how long you play the game.

So it goes. While it's very unfair to expect 10 Platinum for Thief's Wit, you can't really expect people to give things away completely free - many people will, but it shouldn't be expected regardless of how common the mod/item is. Playing missions against the Corpus (on Venus, for example) will quite quickly get you a copy of Thief's Wit though; remember you can always look up mods and where they drop on the Wiki.

Indeed, this is how the game has always done things - you gaining access to an item or mission does not mean that you are necessarily intended to use that item or play that mission in your current state. The Kubrow mission is early on because back when Kubrows were released Earth was slightly further locked within the Star Chart, if I'm remembering properly. It's not sweating about though, Kubrows are a huge investment of credits, resources, and time, and so while in some ways they should perhaps be locked further down the Star Chart in order to discourage early adoption, the credit and material costs are intended as a soft-balance way of ensuring much the same result.

You can hardly play the game for having a player like that in it; I've been around for nearly four years and I've ever seen something like that. After a short while he would run out of energy, though, so you probably didn't need to quit.

Overall, I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your time with Warframe. The game isn't everybody's cup of tea, but to many people the grind and mission types are what keeps them enamoured too and interested in the game. If they're not to your taste then I'd say it's best not to waste your time playing the game and frustrating yourself, but trust me when I say that the game is like a giant flower: it starts fairly muddy and you're stuck on quite a narrow route, but once you get further and further away from the ground it begins to open up into a kaleidoscope of options.

If I were you I would like to play the game more. You pointed out a lot of problems what new player experience in their first plays but there are helpful peoples whom can help you and there is a wiki site where you can get info's at the beginning.

My opinion is just give a little bit more time to yourself to like the game. I have some accs and Equally playing them but I tried as a perspective of new player and I can tell some part easier some harder than when I beginned the game.

don't even answer to the rude people on the forums. Yeah, being new is the hardest part of warframe, i remember that i used to feel like you: "i'm tired of this "I)(/&&% grinding and farming" , i still feel like that sometimes, especially with the stupid jordas quest that it is just made to make you pay money, as many things in this game... anyways, once you are past that newbie excalibur stage the game starts to feel better, i promise.

This was the story of the guy who doesn't like grinding.

That's fair bro. This game is simply not for you if you dislike grinding. I believe there are billions of games on Steam that would fit your preferences better.

Concerning the community issues you faced, well I think you've been quite unlucky. Couldn't say, I played only in Solo-mode until MR3-4 I think. But that's an issue you'll face on every single (MMO) game.