The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a reason to slaughter Corpus Crewmen

Coryphaus

On January 16, 2017 at 7:38 AM, Coryphaus said:

We need a reason to slaughter Corpus Crewmen in the thousands every time we do Corpus missions.

The Grineer are an existential threat to what's left of humanity in the solar system, and the Infestation is self-explanatory. With the Corpus though, what exactly have they done to deserve the kind of death we are meting out to them - fellow human beings? No, being greedy is not a good enough reason to kill them wholesale.

Arguably, when Alad V began the Zanuka project it was necessary to stop him, but once the threat abated and the program scuppered the need to continue massacring Corpus crews who were simply in the way should have abated. Ditto their various weapons projects like the Hyena, Ambulas and Jackal programs.

I propose that DE writes in story arcs where the Corpus regularly commit dark stuff like massacres of civilians and medical experimentation on the civilian population such as decraniation and cyborg "augmentation" projects to create de-individuated and mindless slave labor. 

Pretend the corpus stole all the puppies in the world.

Endoctrinate people to serve "Profit"? Corpus are the most finacialy powerfull and dangerous faction of all. Grineers are ruthless and violent, but Corpus are greedy to the point that the Perrin Sequence exist. You see the Index? That's a good represntatin of what they are. Just read the Brokers' lore. They use technology and brute force to get credits. 

I say neither Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Sentient nor Stalker deserve pity. If they are smart and good hearted enough to join the Steel Meridian or the Perrin Sequence, then we'll welcome them as allies. If they continue to serve their Queen(s) or their "Profit", then they shall die, so the innocent who deserve to live may survive in this Solar System ravaged by war.

Ok, I think I might have been a liiiiittle bit too far with that "they shall die" thing ^^'

So, hum... have a nice day Tennos ^^'

On 1/16/2017 at 7:38 AM, Coryphaus said:

No, being greedy is not a good enough reason to kill them wholesale.

It's not just that they are greedy. It's a religion based on greed.

Plus they are basically a smaller version of the Grineer.

Their soldiers and workers are created specifically for their jobs.

LUwOLn7.jpg

On 1/16/2017 at 4:38 AM, Coryphaus said:

We need a reason to slaughter Corpus Crewmen in the thousands every time we do Corpus missions.

The Grineer are an existential threat to what's left of humanity in the solar system, and the Infestation is self-explanatory. With the Corpus though, what exactly have they done to deserve the kind of death we are meting out to them - fellow human beings? No, being greedy is not a good enough reason to kill them wholesale.

Arguably, when Alad V began the Zanuka project it was necessary to stop him, but once the threat abated and the program scuppered the need to continue massacring Corpus crews who were simply in the way should have abated. Ditto their various weapons projects like the Hyena, Ambulas and Jackal programs.

I propose that DE writes in story arcs where the Corpus regularly commit dark stuff like massacres of civilians and medical experimentation on the civilian population such as decraniation and cyborg "augmentation" projects to create de-individuated and mindless slave labor. 

Because the Tenno aren't exactly the "good guys". They are the protagonist but it doesn't mean they have to be morally good.

The Tenno don't exist to make the galaxy a happier place, the exist to maintain balance. That said I would say that the Corpus and just as, if not more evil than the Grineer. Sure, the Grineer will kill you just for not being a Grineer yourself, but a Corpus will do it just for profit, which in some way is more degrading and insulting.

Not all corpus are bad. We have Perrin Sequence guys who are super greedy (hello Secura Lecta) but we don't really kill them.

We have Grineer guys who are good (Clem) so we also don't go killing every Grineer we see.

Tennos aren't psychopaths. We don't raid a relay to kill everyone in it. We only go and kill everyone inside enemy bases.

Of all the Faction missions I play Corpus the least, and it's not because I'm afraid of Ospreys or Nullifiers. It's because I used to be able to look the other way when Corpus Crewmen made those strange, synthesized croaks and cries when killed. But with the release of the Combas and Scrambus more human voices, I realise these are not aliens I am killing. It's killing other humans. So if we kill them, what is the reason? What great crimes have the Corpus committed to justify the wholesale slaughter of entire ships and bases?

1. Yes, the Gradivus Dilemma (wasn't around then) and the Zanuka Project was self-defence when taking out Alad V and his crews.

2. The experimental proxies like Jackal, Ambulas, Hyenas and Raptor are necessary to destroy.

3. The rescue missions are also justifiable.

4. Kidnapping of Myconians justifies a retaliation on the unit or faction who ordered it.

But why in the world are we killing Corpus throughout the system? Just because Alad V's crews helped protect his experiments doesn't mean that the crew salvaging the Obelisk on Europa is collectively guilty, for example. 

The Infested are self-explanatory, the Grineer are very well-fleshed out as an army of murderous clones with very little individuality. The Corpus for all intents and purposes are human. Perrin Sequence, Neewa's savior, came from them. People who are indoctrinated into a belief can also be counter-indoctrinated out of it. They can change minds and ways. 

DE could make it easier for us (me) to slaughter them by adding in lore and tidbits in the game indicating that the Corpus have death squads and are responsible for systematic culling campaigns of human populations, that they sell weapons that malfunction, that they commit human experimentation and kidnap children to harvest organs for senior Corpus, that they transplant human brains  from live subjects (after radical surgeries - to make it more despicable the brains come from children because infant minds have more neuroplasticity) into their Ospreys and Proxies. Etc

God, if DE puts that last bit in I will slaughter Corpus into the low millions.

Edited by Coryphaus