Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties for everyone ?

Madamou

Allright everyone ! 

Sorties have been a kind of crazy topic for a few months now and DE is still trying to balance them to make it more appealing to Veterans or End-Game Players.

While we give a look at sorties, it is very important before thinking of any idea, to have clear in your mind, what the goals of sorties are :

First Sorties come right after The War Within so in theory they aren't AT ALL adressed to End-Game. They are more of a daily content that one can do if he needs certains things (essential to new players) such as Endo / Potatoes or Lenses. 

However Sorties, in pair with Kuva Flood represent the only kind of accessible "high-level" content, including modifier which can make it more challenging.

Thus Sorties are often considered as "End-Game" Content, whereas they shouldn't be.

It is nonetheless possible to make them appeal to every player through a few implementations which I will mention below :

First Idea, Reward Tiers.

In theory we have to do 3 missions at the moment. One "less hard", one "medium hard" and one "harder".

Let's rank them from Tier 1 to 3.

Each Tier awards a kind of reward ANYWAY.

Say Tier 1 drops : XXXX Endo // Lenses // Forma // Exilus Adapter // Affinity Boosters // Syndicat exchange items

Tier 2 drops : Potatoes // Greater Lenses //  2x Forma // Drop Chance Booster

Tier 3 drops : Riven Mods // Legendary Cores (2%) // Weapons Parts // Ressource/Credit Boosters

You don't have to complete all Tiers to get to Tier 3.

However we can add a Tier 4, that includes Sortie Tokens.

These Tokens, in the same way that Conclave allows you to get Conclave-Only skins would award once exchanged, PVE-only skins.

One of the most important things to do on top of these changes is to give players the possibility to trade Lenses/Greater Lenses for pure Focus (Lens = 12k & Greater Lens = 36k)

Here is how it would work in a simple picture : 

166901Nouvelleimagebitmap.png

To add to this already complex system. I'd say that Endless Missions should have scalling sets of waves/rounds.

Also, Exterminate/Spies/Mobile Defense should as well. Please bloody add the new Kuva Fortress Mission in this System !!

This is it for my idea, I'd like your thoughts on it ?

15 minutes ago, Phatose said:

New players can't do war within.  Check the requirements for it.,

One not interesting thing in the thread and you chose to answer to it :clem:

I personnaly find the idea of tiers nice. And still wants a token system.

Tiers could also determine the kind of mission, Tier 1 and 2 are quick missions, Tier 3 is endless, Tier 4 is the boss

20 minutes ago, Phatose said:

^This. You can say that Sorties are even more "end-game" and inaccessible than they were at first.

And the tiers are pretty much pointless. If you can do only one, 99% of the players (even those that know they are weak) will do the tier with the best rewards, period.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

The players who finish the War Within just by its requirements do need Endo/Formas/Exilus & Potatoes

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

^This. You can say that Sorties are even more "end-game" and inaccessible than they were at first.

And the tiers are pretty much pointless. If you can do only one, 99% of the players (even those that know they are weak) will do the tier with the best rewards, period.

Then make tiers locked to certain Mastery Levels and give ML a point instead of measuring the size of the d***

1 hour ago, Madamou said:

The players who finish the War Within just by its requirements do need Endo/Formas/Exilus & Potatoes

Players can already earn these items in-game without having to do sorties.  Sorties are designed as end-game content, hence the difficulty in being able to complete them.  It is not outside the realm of possibility for a player at Mastery Rank 5 to be able to complete a daily sortie if they equip the correct loadout and are in an effective squad.

3 hours ago, Madamou said:

One of the most important things to do on top of these changes is to give players the possibility to trade Lenses/Greater Lenses for pure Focus (Lens = 12k & Greater Lens = 36k)

Why do we need the possibility to trade lenses for focus?  Would this not cause players to just farm for regular lenses and then just trade them with other players.

Since it already takes 4 regular lenses to craft a greater lens, the value of a greater lens should be at least four times that of a regular lens.

1 hour ago, Madamou said:

Then make tiers locked to certain Mastery Levels and give ML a point instead of measuring the size of the d***

Mastery Rank has nothing to do with skill.  All it helps to indicate is a player's overall progression in the game.  I'm Mastery Rank 21 and I have a hard time completing some of the sortie missions.

Mastery Rank already has many points to it other than the bragging rights including:

• Increased starting mod capacity on equipment.
  • The number of extractors that a player can deploy at one time.
  • The amount of additional standing a player can earn with a Syndicate.
  • The number of trades a player can perform in a day.
  • Starting with Mastery Rank 2, every 2 ranks unlocks a new loadout slot.
  • The maximum number of void traces a play can have at any one time.
  • Rank 8 unlocks all Syndicate secondary weapons.
  • Rank 8 unlocks all Syndicate melee weapons.
  • Rank 12 unlocks all Syndicate primary weapons.
  • The Silver Grove quest requires Mastery Rank 7.
  • Sands of Inaros quest requires Mastery Rank 5.

Edited by Aniawn
Grammar correction.

Why would I want to trade a lens for focus? If I still needed focus I'd use the lens to earn much more than the small amount you propose. Since I don't there is no point in trading the lens for focus, either. You make no sense, good sir.

19 hours ago, Snib said:

Why would I want to trade a lens for focus? If I still needed focus I'd use the lens to earn much more than the small amount you propose. Since I don't there is no point in trading the lens for focus, either. You make no sense, good sir.

If you played long enough to have lenses on all your Warframes, you shouldk know that at some point, you have stacks of lens that are useless/untradeable

52 minutes ago, Madamou said:

If you played long enough to have lenses on all your Warframes, you shouldk know that at some point, you have stacks of lens that are useless/untradeable

lesser ones I always trade away and greater ones only entered the drop tables recently, those are indeed useless. but they are useless because I don't need focus.

Edited by Snib