Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Warframe have anti multibox software?

(PSN)Sin-Kytori

Question

My gf and I have tried playing warframe on side by side computers using the same wifi and out of literally dozens of tries, we've only ever successfully gotten into a game together once. It usually ends with her session being disconnected and sent back to the ship and if she tries to rejoin through invitation, it gives an instant mission failed. Anybody know what the issue may be?

11 answers to this question

Eh. Playin on the same network is not multiboxing. Multiboxing is 2 clients on the same computer which is generally frowned upon in most games outside subscription MMOs and the only reason they allow it is you're paying them double subscription fees and their scumbags like that.

Did you happen to post this a few weeks ago? I swear someone else posted the exact situation and I brought up some ideas and they never replied back to the thread so I assumed something worked out.

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Eh. Playin on the same network is not multiboxing. Multiboxing is 2 clients on the same computer which is generally frowned upon in most games outside subscription MMOs and the only reason they allow it is you're paying them double subscription fees and their scumbags like that.

Did you happen to post this a few weeks ago? I swear someone else posted the exact situation and I brought up some ideas and they never replied back to the thread so I assumed something worked out.

I didnt post it before. Her and i just started playing together a couple of days ago. (Hence why i have two forum accounts now)

So how do i forward my ports to make sure the ports arent overloading?

1 hour ago, Pseudoimmortal said:

I didnt post it before. Her and i just started playing together a couple of days ago. (Hence why i have two forum accounts now)

So how do i forward my ports to make sure the ports arent overloading?

This explains fairly well how to set a static IP and setup ports on your router.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_forward_ports_on_your_router.html

If they're being disconnected roughly every hour on the dot, the problem could actually be IP leasing with the PC to router in which this should also fix.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

This explains fairly well how to set a static IP and setup ports on your router.

If they're being disconnected roughly every hour on the dot, the problem could actually be IP leasing with the PC to router in which this should also fix.

It's definitely not only on hours. It's every time we try to do a mission together. I'll give the port forwarding a shot.

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Either it didn't work or I did it wrong.

Am I suppose to be setting one port for her and one for me? Does it matter if one is TCP and the other is UDP? Am I setting it just for hte computer that's having issues?

THe first game is usually fine and then after that we can't seem to do a mission. So we will do vor's prize and then if we try to do Lith, Earth, We wil lbe in a squad, start the game, I'll load in and see her and then she disappears and it says connection lost. Idk. It's getting on my nerves.

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Either it didn't work or I did it wrong.

Am I suppose to be setting one port for her and one for me? Does it matter if one is TCP and the other is UDP? Am I setting it just for hte computer that's having issues?

THe first game is usually fine and then after that we can't seem to do a mission. So we will do vor's prize and then if we try to do Lith, Earth, We wil lbe in a squad, start the game, I'll load in and see her and then she disappears and it says connection lost. Idk. It's getting on my nerves.

You may want to set a static IP addresses for both computers via Control Panel just to avoid confusing your router. It shouldn't have problems but might as well.

On the router you should input both computer's static IP addresses for port forwarding UDP 4950 and 4955 and TCP Range 6695 - 6699

You may also want to disable UPnP in Warframe and on your router since this feature should not be required anymore with port forwarding.

21 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You may want to set a static IP addresses for both computers via Control Panel just to avoid confusing your router. It shouldn't have problems but might as well.

On the router you should input both computer's static IP addresses for port forwarding UDP 4950 and 4955 and TCP Range 6695 - 6699

You may also want to disable UPnP in Warframe and on your router since this feature should not be required anymore with port forwarding.

I cant forward to 4950 or 4955, it says its already in use by another rule (these are the only forwardsi have) and i disabled upnp, about to try again