Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using macro

SLlM

Question

Ive searched around and found a few answers, some say its fine but some say its banable.

is it allowed to use macros? i want to use a slide macro cause my hand has an inflammatation and it can really hurt after a few mins in a uncomfortable postion, and it kinda restrains me from using the slide attacks.

13 answers to this question

Macros are usable by a lot of people. There are some that trigger security from the game and they might ban your account for tempering and auto playing which is against the EULA.

If you need it that badly, get one and if you get banned, submit a ticket to explain.

1 minute ago, Major_Phantom said:

Macros are usable by a lot of people. There are some that trigger security from the game and they might ban your account for tempering and auto playing which is against the EULA.

If you need it that badly, get one and if you get banned, submit a ticket to explain.

thanks for the answer,

I need to use it so it will be much more fun to play, but ive spent quite alot of money and im afraid that it will all go to waste for slide attacks

From the info I gathered in all these "can we use maccro" threads, it seems you're allowed to use maccro if it doesn't play the game for you (which means that using a maccro to prevent the afk detection isn't allowed)

Other than that, devs allow the use of maccro because it can help people with trouble and/or difficulties.

Just now, Neo_182 said:

ive found a post from 2016 saying that if you dont have a disability u will probably be banned due to the use of macro, i doubt that mine will count as one.

DE needs to clarify it and make it as a sticky thread or something

I believe it is bannable, however many players seem to get away with it. especially when using slide macros. I know @[DE]Danielle has told people not to ask for macros on the forums since they are exploitable and bannable.

If you have a medical condition, it might be worth it to contact support and check with them. They may give you the go-ahead (don't quote me on this though, I don't know). You might also want to try just making a multi-key on your mouse or keyboard rather than an all-out macro. If you set a mouse or keyboard key to activate crouch and melee at the same time, you could press it to get a slide attack but it wouldn't be a full-on auto-button-mashing macro that plays the game for you. That may be an acceptable compromise to them. Either way, it might be a good idea to contact support, just in case.

What I get from several posts on the issue:

- Automating the game (so you can walk away from your keyboard) can be reason for banning and is apparently frowned upon
- Automating specific tasks in the game (like have the keyboard continuously press "e" to save you from RSI) will never be reason for a ban.

Using software that comes with your keyboard/mouse/other peripheral will most likely not trigger this, since it's actions work within the software loop between the game and your peripherals. Using external programs can be detected as "tampering" and can result in a ban, except apparently AutoHotKey as per DE_Adam's post.

TBH, if DE does decide to ban people using macros for tasks like automelee or autoslide I think a lot of people - specifically the melee oriented players - will have to stop playing this game. I'd be one of those. And for no other reason then not being able to play for longer then 10 minutes without getting cramps. 
I'd hate for that to happen... :(

6 minutes ago, ComCray said:

And for no other reason then not being able to play for longer then 10 minutes without getting cramps. 
I'd hate for that to happen... :(

I get that, but right now the melee slide-spammers are abusing the hek out of macros and getting massive combat advantages that are exceedingly difficult or impossible without any special macros or keybinds. Combining that with the Telos Boltace results in horrible particle spam that blinds players, cheeses missions, and ruins gameplay for everyone else in the squad. I think those of us who aren't cheesing/exploiting with slide macros would really appreciate that being toned down quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Automating specific tasks in the game (like have the keyboard continuously press "e" to save you from RSI) will never be reason for a ban.

I don't know about this, and I feel like it might be dangerous to say. "Never" is an awfully big word, and DE has taken a dim view of automating the game in the past.

10 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I get that, but right now the melee slide-spammers are abusing the hek out of macros and getting massive combat advantages that are exceedingly difficult or impossible without any special macros or keybinds. Combining that with the Telos Boltace results in horrible particle spam that blinds players, cheeses missions, and ruins gameplay for everyone else in the squad. I think those of us who aren't cheesing/exploiting with slide macros would really appreciate that being toned down quite a bit.

I don't know about this, and I feel like it might be dangerous to say. "Never" is an awfully big word, and DE has taken a dim view of automating the game in the past.

Yes, spamming can be a problem, but preventing honest people from play is a bigger one IMO. Also, from what I've seen it seems to me most people just use their KB and are agile enough to pull it off, which is visible because sometimes they don't. 

The information I got was from reading several posts on the issue, because I already had this conversation a few days ago, and they all pretty much said the same thing. True, "never" is a big word. But barring people with disabilities, or people trying to prevent to get one, can .....never be a good idea ;)

4 hours ago, ComCray said:

Yes, spamming can be a problem, but preventing honest people from play is a bigger one IMO.

This is probably true, but they are both big problems. Ruining other people's legit play with an exploitative setup that uses a macro is never a good idea. But I agree it's not reasonable to just ban all auto-hotkey stuff, because of people like the OP who are trying to overcome some injury or disability. It's a tough situation, honestly.