Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris (Sancti or Prime) Mod Setup for the Index Enurance

(PSN)abbacephas

Question

Hi folks,

I'm looking for tips on how to mod my Tigris (Sancti or Prime) for the Index Endurance runs. So far, I have them modded for slash + corrosive (+ blast in the case of my Prime) and it takes ages to kill the enemy. I'm talking about 5 shots at point blank range and they're still not dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 answers to this question

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

Are you using the Prime version with 100% status? That makes a big difference. You could also go Viral + Radiation.

Yes sir!

Here is my mod setup: Hell's Chamber, Primed Point Blank, Scattering Inferno, Frigid Blast, Toxic Barrage, Sweeping Serration, Seeking Fury and Shell Shock.

If you're using the Tigris Prime, every standard build uses these mods:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods

The standard Corrosive-Blast build uses a 90% electricity or toxin mod in the last slot to boost the Corrosive proc weight.

The standard Viral-Radiation build uses Sweeping Serration to boost the Slash proc weight. You can also replace Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread with Chilling Reload to boost the Viral proc weight and reload speed.

If you're using the Sancti Tigris, mod it for straight damage. Chilling Reload works well here, too, even with the better base reload speed.

Viral+Radiation plus Sweeping Serration. It's the combo that ignores the most EHP out of all those available.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

If I may inquire: what do you use and what's your setup?

Any blinding frame with a high status chance Gas weapon. IE a Maiming Strike built Lesion or Serro with Excalibur.

Edited by Autongnosis

6 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

If I may inquire: what do you use and what's your setup?

Either a Magnetic/Toxin Dex Dakra or a Jat Kittag with a LOT of Blast and Toxin Damage. I send enemies flying around. If I wasn't getting ready for work, I'd log in and grab you images of the builds.

11 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Viral+Radiation plus Sweeping Serration. It's the combo that ignores the most EHP out of all those available.

Assuming you are focus-firing a single target until it is dead (and not shooting a few times and letting the Slash procs finish the rest), Corrosive-Blast will kill level 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Corrupted Bombards faster than Viral-Radiation.

Even with just a few Corrosive procs (average of 3 per shot with my above build), the Tigris Prime's direct damage will outpace the damage from the Slash procs, allowing it to beat out the damage from the Viral-Radiation build. At lower levels (around level 100), the two builds are about even with each other.

Against shielded enemies, Viral-Radiation might perform better, but I haven't bothered to test.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

If you're using the Tigris Prime, every standard build uses these mods:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods

The standard Corrosive-Blast build uses a 90% electricity or toxin mod in the last slot to boost the Corrosive proc weight.

The standard Viral-Radiation build uses Sweeping Serration to boost the Slash proc weight. You can also replace Seeking Fury or Vicious Spread with Chilling Reload to boost the Viral proc weight and reload speed.

If you're using the Sancti Tigris, mod it for straight damage. Chilling Reload works well here, too, even with the better base reload speed.

I use the rad-viral build mentioned above and it is basically extremely powerful. This build focuses on the slash procs and will perform extremely well in the index.

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

The standard Viral-Radiation build uses Sweeping Serration to boost the Slash proc weight

Increasing the slash damage via Sweeping Serration does not boost the slash proc weight. Only increasing base damage (Point Blank) will affect the slash procs.

Unless you meant "chance that a status proc will be slash versus viral or radiation" instead of "damage the slash proc deals", in which case I misunderstood.

Edited by GrayArchon

5 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Increasing the slash damage via Sweeping Serration does not boost the slash proc weight. Only increasing base damage (Point Blank) will affect the slash procs.

Unless you meant "chance that a status proc will be slash versus viral or radiation" instead of "damage the slash proc deals", in which case I misunderstood.

"Weight" in this case meant the latter. Sweeping Serration will increase the number of Slash procs you get per shot by increase the probability of any one proc being Slash instead of Viral or Radiation.

Against shielded enemies, Viral-Radiation might perform better, but I haven't bothered to test.

That's the point, but mostly what hurts is the Proto Shield some of the Index guys have that halves incoming Corrosive damage which is quite a pain in the &#!. By focusing more on finisher bleed procs you'll circumvent that. Also, the slash build has the advantage of working extremely well for melee abuse, since it all deals timed procs giving you a high chance of Landing 4 types of those giving you a +240% extra damage for the next slidecrit Gas proc with stealth. That is the fastest killtime you can achieve.

Also, if you're serious about getting John Prodman you'll probably run with 4 CPs further devaluating the corrosive procs' efficacy.

Edited by Autongnosis