Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Torid ( Riven )

-Costi-

Question

Currently I have 2 rivens for Torid and idk what is better ir what should I keep. 

170% dmg &155% crit chance

Or

115% multishot & 215% crit chance but -55% status duration

Are the torid clouds even affected by duration mods ( 10 sec x 40 toxin dmg cloud ) , can anyone confirm.

Which mod would be better overall?

13 answers to this question

torid clouds procc consecutive status because the clouds themselves have duration which ofc is unaffected by the negative of the second mod. u can ignore it because the nature of the clouds keeps status proccs up much like a continuos beam weapon in its AoE so -status duration is only really important once targets leave the cloud and then only on status proccs which actually have a mattering duration. that would be vira, cold, heat, toxin and electricity. if u run blast for CC then only the time on the ground is affected, the standing up part is arguably the bigger portion and always the same. corrosive has no duration to begin with. and even if u run the other mentioned ones it shouldnt be an issue. if a target stays in the cloud of torids projectiles status duration is more or less out of the window as long as its not silly stuff like -99% status duration or similar.

so, i would go for the 2nd one too and go for a crit build with some status. clouds can crit too so this turns torid into a legit crit weapon. doing that myself with my own crit riven for it and it works well imo.

4 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

Multishot is nice but a lot of the damage will come the status proc and with - status duration I wouldnt want thay myself

Yes ,but isn't torid base dmg distributed  to enemies in time?, as long as the base dmg isn't changed , how would -dur affect the cloud?

That depends on what you're doing with your Torid. It's already a really powerful gun, so the damage and critical chance are nice additions given it's base critical chance. However, the Torid also can be used with fair to middling damage and a CC status build. In the second, negative status duration isn't necessarily an undesirable trait, since Shock and Blast wouldn't suffer much from that duration reduction, if at all.

The 2nd one is definitely better.

Not only it will shoot more projectiles (= more damage, more procs), but with Firestorm and Heavy Caliber equipped it will also be an awesome AoE weapon.

And a Crit-based or even mixed (Crits & Status) Torid is deadly as Uncle Hek.

And now, as for -Status dur, remember that some phys/elemental/combo damage types benefit and some of them don't from it:

Cold, Toxin, Gas, Mag, Rad, Viral (Puncture, Slash) -- have Duration and Status Dur changes affect them.

Corrosive proc is permanent.

Heat, Electricity, Blast (just like an Impact one) -- these are animation-locked, so no matter how long your Status duration is, an affected enemy will engage back in the battle once the proc's animation ends. For example, Status Duration will affect only the number of Heat procs when it happens to proc, but not the panic animation.

1 minute ago, Thundervision said:

The 2nd one is definitely better.

Not only it will shoot more projectiles (= more damage, more procs), but with Firestorm and Heavy Caliber equipped it will also be an awesome AoE weapon.

And a Crit-based or even mixed (Crits & Status) Torid is deadly as Uncle Hek.

And now, as for -Status dur, remember that some phys/elemental/combo damage types benefit and some of them don't from it:

Cold, Toxin, Gas, Mag, Rad, Viral (Puncture, Slash) -- have Duration and Status Dur changes affect them.

Corrosive proc is permanent.

Heat, Electricity, Blast (just like an Impact one) -- these are animation-locked, so no matter how long your Status duration is, an affected enemy will engage back in the battle once the proc's animation ends. For example, Status Duration will affect only the number of Heat procs when it happens to proc, but not the panic animation.

If i proc continously then even with -55% , the procs will remain active, also torid clouds lasts 10 sec , are those affected by -/+ dur?

4 minutes ago, -Costi- said:

Yes ,but isn't torid base dmg distributed  to enemies in time?, as long as the base dmg isn't changed , how would -dur affect the cloud?

It shouldn't affect the clouds duration itself (never got -status though so can't confirm that)  but say you proc'd toxin the DoT from txoin would be reduced because of the -55%. Since I use the Torid for status and usually just stick a shot on them and leave them alone I'd assume the -55% would affect the way I use it for. The second riven though.is still pretty good I personally like the first one more. 

Choose whichever suits your play style more 

If you're using Torid as an AoE CC machine (the one instance where you welcome Heavy Caliber giving a large spread lol),
+Multishot is easily the one thing I'd prioritize over everything else, to cover an even larger area (or stack more clouds in one place).

With e.g. a Blast + Corrosive / (against Corpus) Toxin setup, you don't need to worry about Status Duration,
as Blast and Corrosive don't use that anyway and Toxin should wreck Corpus easily enough while they're still being Blast CC'd. 
(And yeah, pretty sure the clouds' lifespans aren't affected.)

10 minutes ago, -Costi- said:

If i proc continously then even with -55% , the procs will remain active

Correct.

Just modding it that way:

1. Serration
2. Split Chamber
3. HC
4. Firestorm
5. Riven
6. Vital Sense
7. 60%/60% mod
8. 60%/60% (since your Riven can replace Point Strike) mod OR Point Strike (to push Crit-% further)

Will rekt anyone who touches the cloud.

11 minutes ago, -Costi- said:

also torid clouds lasts 10 sec , are those affected by -/+ dur?

No, they aren't. Just like Nightwatch Napalm mod isn't affected by it  :smile:

On 21.1.2017 at 1:07 PM, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

1st one for sure crit torid is actually really insane with + damage too its even better. Multishot is nice but a lot of the damage will come the status proc and with - status duration I wouldnt want thay myself

sry thats wrong, 100 % multishot is better than the the +dmg from the 1st mod let alone 155% and as mentioned as long as status duration isnt above -90% its pointless because the cloud will reapply it 24/7. torid mostly uses a CC element too or a CC frame to keep enemies in clouds longer so u dont care bout duration, that aside the main dmg comes from clouds only if u play especially for that. if u land body shots and crit with a critorid any sniper rifle or shotgun will look like a toy in comparison. the clouds are good for trash mobs or in real engame big enemies who need their armor stripped if u dont have 4x CP or generally to deal dot, but sticking projectiles to targets makes the cloud move with it so u dont care about duration with this average negative amount anyway and if u have multiple projectiles the appication rate is even higher so multishot is even better in comparison, especially if u use heavy caliber which makes +base dmg consecutively worse scaling wise. the 1st one is worse in all aspects, lower crit chance and lower dmg. the only thing multishot is worse for is heat and toxin/gas procc because these look at the elemental dmg, multishot is deceptive because it shows a dmg increase but it comes from the projectiles which do nothing for these elements other than stack on toxin and refresh heat. other than that the 1st one is inferior by a big amount.

I got 3 Torid rivens that I'm playing with and rerolling, now that the Tonkor has self damage and I want a new boomstick.

I never really used the Torid before, but from what I've learned about it, it's basically an area denial weapon and you should therefore mod to make its AOE clouds as effective as possible. 

Its projectile(s) can deal a lot of damage on direct impact, but with multishot and HC mods you're going to have at least 2 projectiles that will simply not fly exactly where you aim them.

Torid's clouds actually have a very low crit chance (10% as opposed to 15% for the direct hit projectiles) so it really makes no sense to mod for crit.

Firestorm is another wasted mod slot because it only adds 24% range to these small clouds, while their damage actually diminshes with distance from the centre of impact, so an extra 24% range is negligible. It would have to be at least 50% for me to consider using this mod. 

The best stats for a Torid riven would be multishot, damage, toxin, status chance, status duration, mag size, reload speed, flight speed.

I'm currently running with a Torid modded for Gas and Electricity procs. Electricity stuns the targets and Gas (toxin) melts them pretty quickly. It works great against unarmored and lightly armored targets, but if you wanna use this gun effectively in sorties against grineer then you will need at least 3 players with CP aura on your team.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx