Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do accounts & Nicks do not expire...

kazenioware

New players find it diffcult to find a nick that isn't already taken by some player who has MR0 and never played. Same goes for renaming yourself or a clan.

Maybe you should give accounts or at least the names a statute of limitations. When, if they decide to come back to this game after years of not playing, they should be able to do so, but have to pick a new alias.

Because DE needs them! :D so that they could wave with their statistics at every "Tenno Con"

I also tried  once  and asked support for an account that wasn't active for over a year! a MR2 guy (now inactive for over 2 years!)

and all I got was a negative response! no matter how inactive the member is,you can not take his name!

1 hour ago, DopingMD said:

Because DE needs them! :D so that they could wave with their statistics at every "Tenno Con"

I also tried  once  and asked support for an account that wasn't active for over a year! a MR2 guy (now inactive for over 2 years!)

and all I got was a negative response! no matter how inactive the member is,you can not take his name!

You can, actually. The account has to be inactive for over 12 months, not be a founder account, not be a CB account, and never have made a plat purchase.

I have plenty of friends who have already gone through this process and are now using names that were taken by name snipers. Though most that were taken were from MR0 with next to no playtime, so they might be going on MR progress / playtime too.

hmmmm. i got this name no problem. course, i got it and a few others from random generators when i still played WoW.... only ones that actually sounded like names. course, im not gonna list em, if i did, they'ed probably be used in a heartbeat