Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Weapons, which to keep?

Kylo.

Question

6 answers to this question

They're all pretty well balanced, so it all comes down to preference, really. A very good primary is Velocitus, because of its insane DPS. Other than that, Fluctus has really good utility, and I personally enjoy the Phaedra though others might prefer the Imperator Vandal.

All the melee weapons OHKs enemies in all current Archwing missions anyway, so that doesn't matter too much, but if you're really preparing for higher level stuff in the future, go for Centaur.

Fluctus, Imperator Vandal are probably best out here. Imp Vandal has insane accuracy and rate of fire, Fluctus has both AoE and Punch Through. Velocitus is fun to use too, but its single target rather.

As for melee, I prefer Onorix over Centaur, but they are pretty the same, Onorix as pure damage while Centaur being crit weapon.

Well, as far as primaries save form the Corvas which i find pretty bad personally all of the others are pretty great.

Velocitus is a big game hunter, works incredibly well for stuff like the Jordas bossfight of taking down Ogmas in one hit. It does suffer from sniper syndrome though and as such it's best paired with an AoE damage wing or a good melee (all of them basically).

Fluctus and Grattler are incredibly strong damage wise and excel at taking down groups, but they share the limited range which makes them more or less useless when fighting in big maps like AW Interception particularly if enemies do not come towards you.

Phaedra and Imperator/Vandal are great jack of all trades guns that can do reasonably well on groups and single targets, and on most fighting ranges. They do decent damage and the Phaedra can even do good status.

One of my favourites of all time is the Cyngas though. It has great damage, pin point accuracy, no damage falloff at range and decent status. It also has a great feeling and sound to it. It positively demolishes anythin really really fast and can double up as a sniper really well.

Basically, decide what style fits you and go from there. They're all viable even at Sortie levels (sharkwing sometimes happens there).