Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For female players

Night4ce

2 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

The ignore/mute thing we have already been doing the recording thing I got from here. That was something I never thought about nor would work as sufficient evidence to have any effect. That's an answer I will take from this thread and apply. I'm just tired (maybe because I'm 30) of little jerks trying to boost their own ego via slandering my friend.

I can understand how you feel, and I haven't been in your game sessions to tell how it's going on, but having played League of Legends for a few years, I'm used to toxic and immature people. I can't say that it's not bothering me anymore, but just remember that you can't do much about it, and they're people you'll see only once in your life, so just ignore them as much as you can and move on.

As for your friend being upset by this, it's understandable, especially if they do it on voice chat, but you can turn it to your advantage if you both mock them back and let them do the mission alone until they realise they'll need you to extract or open a door. Trust me, if someone is toxic enough to be an arse for no reason, they won't stand for long once they realise you're the one in control.
That only works if there's only one of them though.

24 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

I resent the assumption I would just passively accept the situation, let alone affect me. Which kinda implies that you think that women, in general, should passively accept such kind of behavior and let it bother them so much.

Sexism of low expectations?

Oh, and that time list is just hilariously quaint. FYI - wifely duties and running a household were, back in the day, serious @(*()$ business and you're being disrespectful to women who handled those duties.

And going too far in social change is a thing, you know. A small step back to think and decide what's right or not is desperately needed, unless you think that ruining a man's life by unsubstantiated false rape accusation is a-ok. If you think that disguising uncomfortable truth about crime rates in relation to population for racial backgrounds under debliating screech of "RACISM RACISM YOU WHITE MALE HOMOPHOBIC CIS BIGOT" is a-ok. That mutilating children with sex-change operations in the name of "LGBTQ tolerance" is a-ok. I could go on and on with this.

I honestly don't know where you are going with this. 

Sexual harassment:

1. harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.

31 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Also wait a @(*()$ moment here. So in your eyes if I went "Oh, you're a virgin, girl? Why, nobody wants you? Some problem with your sweet spot? Maybe you swing the other way?" to a girl you would not consider it sexual harassment?

Nope.  See above.  You are suffering from hazing, teasing, bullying, and virgin shaming.

To which, I must add that there is nothing wrong with.  I know guys who have the opposite problem and are spiraling out of control.  To the point where a normal healthy relationship will never be possible.  It's really sad.  They don't listen to reason and will continue their destructive lifestyle until some catastrophic event gives the ultimate wisdom.  Your viewpoint is similar in that fashion.  You will probably keep this ignorance until these problems invade your life.  Maybe one day you have a daughter, maybe a girlfriend or wife.  The ultimate wisdom here is watching them erode under these issues and there is nothing you can do about it.  Worse still is the butterfly effect that you are creating where your post has reinforced this ideology for at least two people (who for whatever reason liked your post) and will perpetuate it to their offspring.  Good luck with life bud.

Edited by Danjal777

16 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

and is that social change supposed to be a good thing?

Yep, if this means excesses of social progressive lunacy that are currently tearing Western societies apart are consigned to dustbin of history. Well, unless you think that ruining somoene's (a male someone, let's not lie about that) life with a false rape accusation is perfectly fine.

19 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Pfff, why did they start harassing in the first place? You are placing your whole theory atop the assumption that "they surely must have done something". When a feminine username is enough to start it, maybe the issue is with the bully, not the bullied.

If they did not have past experience of finding easy targets just by targeting feminine nicks, they would not be targeting feminine nicks.

21 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Damn boy, try not to cut yourself on that edge. People make the world, people choose, and people learn. Acting as if such coldness is inevitable is idiotic.

and one thing is not being able to deal with stuff. Another thing is not fighting against its very existence.

Edge? Damn, you must be choking on baby goose down over there if a simple statement of fact is edgy to you.

If you want to go on a moral crusade that has actual effect, go raise your Children to do what's right and proper... oh wait, no, that's probably a horrible idea, since I don't see you teaching them how to stand up to people who disagree with them properly. Fighting against moral wrongs is not easy and exposes you to attacks of all kinds.

24 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Oh no! I think everyone should be "coddled" and protected if they want to be so. You see, I think people should actually care for each other, instead of taking advantage of them. I think that people should be respected, protected, and cared for.

And harassment doesn't work that way. One thing is shockingly insulting your friend, another thing is abusing them because you want them to feel like sh!t. Harassment can exist even if you don't get traumatized by it -- most women are so used to be catcalled they don't feel affected, but they still know it isn't acceptable -- and if a friend or anyone else is trying to engage with me in an interaction I do not want to engage with, whether by, playfully or not, insulting me, or by sexually harassing me, I do expect them to stop. You know. Respect me. But hey, I'm a despicable sjw that expects people to care for each other, or at the very least, that people shouldn't be allowed to treat others like sh!t.

Societies that accept and condone weakness don't get to keep doing that for very long.

25 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

lol why? Respect isnt trust not authority. Its to let people live their f*cking lives. It should be a given. Making it something you must earn either means you have to subject yourself to the will of others for them to maybe let you be free, or that you should have to fight for it, making society nothing more than a competition for power, when its actually an association. One way or another, freedom isnt insured, people have the right to use and abuse others, and the whole point of society -- to make a better place for everyone -- disappears.

So yes, Respect should be given, and people should be free to live their own life without others making them their toys.

The point of society is to make us propagate DNA better as a species, not to make things better for everyone (there's a word for that - utopia). Just look at which kind of societies are most robust and energetic right now, and which ones are in decline and teetering on brink of collapse. Your idealism is showing again, it's quite disgraceful.

Just now, Danjal777 said:

Nope.  See above.  You are suffering from hazing, teasing, bullying, and virgin shaming.

this is true. Is sh!tty and sleazy, and he shouldn't have to deal with it. But it isn't sexual harassment.

it's gender norms enforcement, implying he isn't a "real man" for not having sex (or being a sexual subject) -- which is idiotic at Best, since no one should be forced to obey to certain stereotypes or expectations -- but it isn't sexual harassment, since no one is treating him like a sexual object that exists to (sexually) please anyone in general, and the harasser in particular.

23 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

I completely understand your point, I truly do.

And maybe that initial post might have come a bit wrong -- I am not sorry that there are many people here giving actual, useful advice. And in no way do I think that its acceptable to expect retaliation to a bully, quite the opposite.

But I do am frustrated to how everyone in here seems to be treating this solely as a matter of fact, not as an action by a conscious human being that chooses to act in this shockingly negative way.

Regardless of how idealistic I seem, I am not an idiot. I am aware these changes I hope will most likely not happen while I'm alive -- specially with the current global political environment, which seems to be changing for the worst -- but I do think change is possible and, above all, I do not believe we should simply conform to this reality. And the fact there is so many people doing exactly that -- or worse, trashing the OP -- frustrates me immensely.

you did gave me a reality check, and I do have to refine my ideas regarding education -- though you did pointed out flaws that I already know of. However, If you don't mind, from what country are you from? Because the reality in here is a bit different from what you presented.

I think it's possible to make bullying and harassment more scarce within society, but I don't think school can do that - at least not primary schools. The issue with primary school children is that they're not entirely socially developed (although this is true until about the age of 21), which means that interventions into directly changing behaviour tend to be less effective. It's also important to note that bullying tends to be a group activity - I've never encountered a case of bullying wherein the bully was acting alone, or acting without a chorus of friends who supported his/her actions either. If there's going to be change regarding bullying then it'll occur in later life, in my view, and it'll arise in full form in a generation of children who're born to a generation who already have taken on these beliefs - much like how racism and sexism will be defeated (hopefully, as you say, the global climate is cycling back towards the hideous tribalism of our ancestors).

I'm from the UK, for the record, although the school I'm working in currently is making use of the rather vague national curriculum to try to import some methodologies from Finnish and Singaporean pedagogy rather than relying on the rather... err... stout and rigid systems that are typical here. I was very impressed by our school's Online Education programme, which focused on a lot of these issues, and the children I work with are notably less accepting of bullying and other harassment than children were when I was in school. I think we're moving in the right direction, but as with all of these things progress is made generationally not intrapersonally. Leopards rarely change their spots, but evolution can do what it likes.

Edit: ^ I would comment on the obvious idiocy of what TheZathel is saying, but I fear I'd be wasting my breath; as I said, leopards rarely change their spots.

Edited by Littlerift

12 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

So...

15 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Sexual harassment:

1. harassment (typically of a woman) in a workplace, or other professional or social situation, involving the making of unwanted sexual advances or obscene remarks.

hmmm...

So I gave an example of : "Oh, you're a virgin, girl? Why, nobody wants you? Some problem with your sweet spot? Maybe you swing the other way?" and it's not an obscene remark?

12 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Yeah, nah, sorry, you're not even consistent in your replies.

Edited by TheZathel
quote function mixup

5 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Sexual harassment:

I'm having a hard time taking this definition seriously because of the "typically of a woman". While it's not wrong, it seems like it's been added by a feminist after the definition was published. Besides, it has nothing to do in a definition, which is meant to tell us what sexual harassment means, not who suffers the most from it.

Also, just because women suffer the most from something doesn't mean we have to fight exclusively for women, especially in a society where we're taught more and more to reject genders and be whatever we want to be, ranging from a skeleton to an apache copter, and going through the whole Unown symbol table.

Just now, Retrijeuj said:

I'm having a hard time taking this definition seriously because of the "typically of a woman". While it's not wrong, it seems like it's been added by a feminist after the definition was published. Besides, it has nothing to do in a definition, which is meant to tell us what sexual harassment means, not who suffers the most from it.

Also, just because women suffer the most from something doesn't mean we have to fight exclusively for women, especially in a society where we're taught more and more to reject genders and be whatever we want to be, ranging from a skeleton to an apache copter, and going through the whole Unown symbol table.

I don't know why you expect this kind of radical progressive thinkers to be logically consistent in what they are saying.

Just now, Danjal777 said:

Considering you falsely quoted me, it seems you have run out of gas in this debate.  Have a nice day.

Nah, that was just quote function @(*()$ up. The example of sexual harassment was from me, sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

It was the first definition on Google, but specifically, it is unwanted advances or attention of a sexual nature.  It changes to sexual assault when any kind of contact is made.

1 minute ago, TheZathel said:

I don't know why you expect this kind of radical progressive thinkers to be logically consistent in what they are saying.

Nah, that was just quote function @(*()$ up. The example of sexual harassment was from me, sorry about that.

That's pretty cool dude.

Just now, TheZathel said:

I always try to have a polite debate with people who don't agree with me, you often realise they have personal reasons for thinking the way they think, and frankly, I'd take personal experience over facts established by someone I never talked to.

Just now, Retrijeuj said:

I always try to have a polite debate with people who don't agree with me, you often realise they have personal reasons for thinking the way they think, and frankly, I'd take personal experience over facts established by someone I never talked to.

And that's a great approach, but expecting logical consistency from people subscribing to this particular ideology is setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

3 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Yep, if this means excesses of social progressive lunacy that are currently tearing Western societies apart are consigned to dustbin of history. Well, unless you think that ruining somoene's (a male someone, let's not lie about that) life with a false rape accusation is perfectly fine.

Well, I do think ruining someone's life with rape -- and then ruining again by accusing them of falsely accusing them of rape -- is a bit worse. Its also 15 times a more common occurrence.

7 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

If they did not have past experience of finding easy targets just by targeting feminine nicks, they would not be targeting feminine nicks.

Double assumption: You assume the harassment done to women is equal to men, and assume women answer respond more often or act more fragily.

Both are blandantly false: As mentioned before, harass suffered by women is much more sexual and mischievious than suffered by men. Its also more common. Women also tend not to answer more, simply blocking the harasser -- go read all comments by women here.

You are simply following the rule "a victim is always to blame". And even if bullies do choose someone based on how feminine their username looks, that only makes them more misogynistic and sociopathic -- it doesn't excuse them at all.

Everything else you wrote just proves you are a genuinely terrible person that seems to thrive in a dog-eat-dog world. You are devoid of empathy and care, and all in all borderline fascistic.

You also fail to know that all societies collapse, regardless of their power structures, and making this a totalitarian regime will not make it last longer.

and gosh, how disgusting I am for having ideals.

2 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Its all a conspiracy made by all women and sjw's to oppress men by... Asking them not to treat women like sh!t.

Can we get one thing perfectly clear....

It isn't all women.

Some of us are more than capable of looking after ourselves. We don't need "social justice" speaking for us. We aren't treated like S#&$ and we certainly aren't oppressed.

If this was the middle east and I was living there, then i'd be getting oppressed. Here, not even close. There is a reason less and less people associate themselves with "feminism". It lost all meaning last year and things have started to go too far. 

16 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

While I suppose its there to remind us of the reality that it happens mostly to women, I do agree it isn't exactly a fundamental entry to the definition (and I am as sjw as I seem on what I wrote in other comments).

if it makes you feel better, however, these add-ons (denoting cultural trends in general, not just sexism) to definitions are actually quite common, and they aren't always coming from feminists

2 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

Can we get one thing perfectly clear....

It isn't all women.

Some of us are more than capable of looking after ourselves. We don't need "social justice" speaking for us. We aren't treated like S#&$ and we certainly aren't oppressed.

If this was the middle east and I was living there, then i'd be getting oppressed. Here, not even close. There is a reason less and less people associate themselves with "feminism". It lost all meaning last year and things have started to go too far. 

It was a joke.

I know perfectly well not all women identify as feminists.

Edited by tnccs215

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

Well, I do think ruining someone's life with rape -- and then ruining again by accusing them of falsely accusing them of rape -- is a bit worse. Its also 15 times a more common occurrence.

Double assumption: You assume the harassment done to women is equal to men, and assume women answer respond more often or act more fragily.

Both are blandantly false: As mentioned before, harass suffered by women is much more sexual and mischievious than suffered by men. Its also more common. Women also tend not to answer more, simply blocking the harasser -- go read all comments by women here.

You are simply following the rule "a victim is always to blame". And even if bullies do choose someone based on how feminine their username looks, that only makes them more misogynistic and sociopathic -- it doesn't excuse them at all.

Everything else you wrote just proves you are a genuinely terrible person that seems to thrive in a dog-eat-dog world. You are devoid of empathy and care, and all in all borderline fascistic.

You also fail to know that all societies collapse, regardless of their power structures, and making this a totalitarian regime will not make it last longer.

and gosh, how disgusting I am for having ideals.

Oh, you're one of those "1 out of 5 women have been raped!" people? Dang, I feel sorry for you.

And thank you for those startling compliments! You didn't have to, that was so nice of you!

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree here. Was nice talking to ya though.

By the way, societies collapse by growing weak and complacent. Totalitarian or not, that is a whole other can of worms.

6 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Oh, you're one of those "1 out of 5 women have been raped!" people? Dang, I feel sorry for you.

And thank you for those startling compliments! You didn't have to, that was so nice of you!

By the way, societies collapse by growing weak and complacent. Totalitarian or not, that is a whole other can of worms.

Societies may collapse by growing weak and complacent, but I fail to see what harassment and bullying has to do with that - neither bullying nor harassing are acts of strength, they're acts of narcissism, which is most certainly a weakness.

The only societies that have ever flourished have been societies that have developed and inculcated a sense of fairness, law, and justice. Societal collapse is always a result of a failing of these systems.

3 hours ago, texrei said:

You don't leave your house open, don't you? Or show off your cash while walking through the dark strange places alone? It's not like you do something wrong trying to avoid unpleasant situations, or you are weak because you don't want to deal with it. You just can't do anything, globally. They can get banned, but new ones come in.

But sure it's your choice to punish the bastards. If it doesn't make you sad

I'm sorry but, no.  This is a terrible example.  You're equating basic commen sense and safety practices, ones that aren't exclusive to females, to....not talking on the internet because some people can't help trolling the opposite sex.

And to the people that have said that she's "asking for it by advertising she's a furry" do you realize you're saying that those people are incapable of controlling themselves?  Rather demeaning and insulting, that.  We all know they're fully capable of not being total jerks, they just choose not to.

18 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

well, you are one of those who think false rape accusations are an actual problem, so I don't think neither of us wins if we try to ridicule each other on this things.

So yes. In that, I agree with you: Let's just agree to disagree,because neither is changing their mind, neither likes eachother's ideas, and that's how mature people end pointless discussions -- by respectfully choosing to stop.

Regarding societies collapse though... Weak and complacent can describe it, yes, but weak regarding what? And complacent to what?

In the end, @Littlerift put it quite well. If I may develop, its the weakness of their innerent structures, and complacity towards mentalities that wish to overthrow it.

And this is where another of our main differences lie: Where you see a society strengthening herself by rejecting the nurturing culture defended by "she's", I see a society collapsing by allowing itself to be tainted by totalitarian and hateful mentalities.

where you see a society finally growing a "thicker skin" towards harassment, I see a society collapsing by allowing the mentality that harassment should be accepted and conformed to, not dealt with.

19 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

I'm sorry but, no.  This is a terrible example.  You're equating basic commen sense and safety practices, ones that aren't exclusive to females, to....not talking on the internet because some people can't help trolling the opposite sex.

And to the people that have said that she's "asking for it by advertising she's a furry" do you realize you're saying that those people are incapable of controlling themselves?  Rather demeaning and insulting, that.  We all know they're fully capable of not being total jerks, they just choose not to.

funny thing: There are communities in which people keep their doors open. Because robbery is seen as an action made and chosen by the criminal, and respect is seen as a given right protected by society, not a privilege that must be protected by the self

Wait what ?

sorry guys i'm little late but what ?

Honestly if some tenno has been rude to another tenno is bothering me.

No matter if its Female , Male , White , Black , Yellow , Red , Purple with orange dots or even an attack helicopter. I dont care.

One should not be rude against someone else.

This is a game some tenno may need a reminder that we play game for fun not to get insulted by someone else.

I with a lot of my fellow tenno highly disaprove with this kind of behaviour.

No tenno should hide who they are in fear of being insulted freely over the internet by some stranger who hide behind the fact that you dont know him/her.

Put them on ignore list or report them.