Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Tenno use warframes?

Asherhill

41 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Well, one witnessed instance and one report of it. Sylvana indicated that Titania came to her rescue when she was already incapacitated transferring with a tree. Which could either be one of the Tenno Silvana worked with commandeered Titania to come to her aid or Titania itself came to the aid of its operator.

Sylvana wasn't the operator, she was just the builder.

Chances are it was the Tenno controlling it that helped her.

14 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

The question was 'is it alive'.

The insides of frames are made from infested tissue. The outside is armor. Its IS organic. Sentience was not the question.

How do you know the tissue is alive?

17 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

011.jpg

Because dead tissue wont do anything? Because its dead.

What's with the confused look?

The tissue is dead, it doesn't do anything.....

It's an inanimate weapon that, best guess, has dead tissue in it as a conduit for the Tenno to take control. There is nothing "alive" about them.

Besides this debate can only be settled if DE decides to tell us how transference works.  We know the process of linking to the warframe is used by transference.  But that process is never explained in full detail.  All we know is that the tenno can link to the warframe through touch and through the pod that we use.  

Edited by (PS4)rjtheripper931

23 minutes ago, (PS4)rjtheripper931 said:

Because I think we can all agree that the warframes aren't just dumb suits of armor otherwise that would make the second dream and the war within completely pointless. The warframes are living beings that have there own personality to them. 

There's no evidence for this outside of one very minor incident at the end of the Second Dream, which would could interpret as having been solved by the War Within which showed that Tenno don't need to be inside a Transference pod in order to control a Tenno. It's also possible that Lotus controlled the Warframe, as we know she can manipulate them to some degree. Or, it was just an innate response.

We don't know if Warframes are conscious in any way at this time.

19 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

There's no evidence for this outside of one very minor incident at the end of the Second Dream, which would could interpret as having been solved by the War Within which showed that Tenno don't need to be inside a Transference pod in order to control a Tenno. It's also possible that Lotus controlled the Warframe, as we know she can manipulate them to some degree. Or, it was just an innate response.

We don't know if Warframes are conscious in any way at this time.

Well that's because our transference was strengthen in the war within.  When we first awoke out of the pod in the second dream  our transference was very weak and we couldn't survive long without the pod.

Edited by (PS4)rjtheripper931

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Until DE decides to give them cartoony one-liners to further clog up the UI with pointless banter.

"Hey Frost lets do this"

"Everyone FREEZE" :cool:

I think that the warframes can't talk like how the corpus and the grinner talk. They can talk to the operator only through transference.  Even then we can't understand what they are saying. Only the tenno can understand what the warframes are saying. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)rjtheripper931 said:

Well that's because our transference was strengthen in the war within.  

It wasn't strengthened at all: Teshin simply guided the Tenno through the process of removing the psychic barriers Margulis had constructed in the Tenno's minds. All of the abilities we 'gained' from the War Within were abilities that the Tenno originally had, which is why Margulis and Kaleen ended up hideously burned and disfigured.

14 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

It wasn't strengthened at all: Teshin simply guided the Tenno through the process of removing the psychic barriers Margulis had constructed in the Tenno's minds. All of the abilities we 'gained' from the War Within were abilities that the Tenno originally had, which is why Margulis and Kaleen ended up hideously burned and disfigured.

Then why does ordis say that your transference seems to be stronger to the operator? 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)rjtheripper931 said:

Then why does ordis say that your transference seems to be stronger to the operator? 

Because it "seems" to be stronger. That doesn't mean it is. It's quite possible that in the life and death situation that the Operator was in at the end of the Second Dream caused the Operator to subconsciously draw upon powers that consciously aren't available.

From a storytelling perspective it seems unlikely that the answer to the question posed at the end of the Second Dream is just "The Operator did it", rather it seems like a case of Chekhov's Gun. But from a lore perspective, at this point, we just don't know.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Until DE decides to give them cartoony one-liners to further clog up the UI with pointless banter.

"Hey Frost lets do this"

"Everyone FREEZE" :cool:

What have you done?

Now they will see that and someone will have a lightbulb go off above their heads and next thing you know we'll have shades dropping on faces, thug life playing and one liners everywhere.

51 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

Because it "seems" to be stronger. That doesn't mean it is. It's quite possible that in the life and death situation that the Operator was in at the end of the Second Dream caused the Operator to subconsciously draw upon powers that consciously aren't available.

From a storytelling perspective it seems unlikely that the answer to the question posed at the end of the Second Dream is just "The Operator did it", rather it seems like a case of Chekhov's Gun. But from a lore perspective, at this point, we just don't know.

That i can agree with but at that time the tenno where being choked by the stalker which could have caused a disruption between the tenno and the warframe.  Because when we first got out of the pod. We were already weak to begin with.  The tenno's hands were trying to break free from the stalker when all of sudden the warframe broke the war and killed the stalker. 

I dont know if anyone will care at this point but I will add my 2 cents, frames are armors filled with a human inside, with implants held by technocyte and so on. This human is lobotomized, thats why you dont see it runnung around on its own. Only if Tenno takes control it moves. Its an extention of a Tenno.

Now what I think Tenno is, Tenno are beings very much alike to Corrupted Vor, - the mind control my neural sentry part. Tenno are energy beings, able to created a Tenno body at will near their point of view, they can also invade a body to control it, like frames. Why do they need a body then? They dont generate Void energy, only their mutated bodies. Thats why they need to have it somewhere, to transfer Void energy to the frame. Thats also why they can manifest on the battlefield. They project a new body to control, its fragile but powerfull. They also cannot multitask, control a frame and a body at the same time. Its too taxing on the mind, too much information. They can speak only because they dont need stimuli from the face of the frame, the frame has neural sensors, they dont need eyes for awareness.

What I think will come soon is that Tenno will begin to evolve, in a transhuman sense. They will devide the mind to control both body and frame, and maybe even more in the future, like 3 frames at the same time.

It is only my headcanon. So far it wasnt terribly far off.

On 25/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, Asherhill said:

Can somebody tell me how does he get inside the frame? Is this an armor that he wears, or remote controled kind of robot?

its kinda like both things its like a suit, but you can control it remotely

welp more like tenno can possess things, on the war within quest, the operator can control other things, not only warframes

Edited by Toppien

14 hours ago, Xardis said:

I dont know if anyone will care at this point but I will add my 2 cents, frames are armors filled with a human inside, with implants held by technocyte and so on. This human is lobotomized, thats why you dont see it runnung around on its own. Only if Tenno takes control it moves. Its an extention of a Tenno.

It may be sleeping similar to how Tenno were asleep. Though Tenno couldn't use their body, and the Warframe the mind, so they created a symbiotic relationship. Although now that Tenno can run off, the Warframe is now left vulnerable. I wouldn't put it past them to eventually give the Warframe a Specter-like AI under the pretense they have now awoken as well.