Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta post 19.8.0

(XBOX)ZAYNE 79

4 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Third and lastly, DE is already aware of the credit gain problem, as DE Steve has mentioned twice now in his new streams, and they are going to be reducing total container numbers drastically in missions while subsequently increasing the reward from them to make opening containers actually be a GOAL to work for while playing, compared to ignoring them due to their over-saturated spread through the game. People complain that "it'll take forever to fix" and yet a good number of the problems Steve has pointed out during his streams have actually been fixed quite quickly considering, especially the ones that they annoy him more, so there is a good chance this can follow suit since he keeps pointing it out.

And like I said before, why not keeping the Secura Lecta like before UNTIL the problem is fully solved ?

Was it SO bad for players who are always broke to have a nice amount of credits ? Not everyone has the time to grind. It's a game, we shouldn't spend our entire life on it just for, what, 5000-10000 credits per "normal" missions ?

Of course, the game is not meant to be finished in a week. And even with the old Secura Lecta, it wasn't possible.

And seriously, what's the point on doing TWO extractors on Hieracon and then leave ? People who think it's the right way to play the game are just Oberons.

If they've had changed it AFTER the reworking, I would have been okay with the changes (especially because I love to open those containers).

Because right now, it's not FAIR.

4 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

he keeps pointing it out.

Pointing and solving is not the same thing.

However, great to see that they're recognizing the problem.

12 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

A bug is when something doesn't do what it's supposed to do, a malfunction in essence. The Lecta did exactly what it was supposed to do, increase credit gains. Just because they scaled the amount higher than they wanted, that does not make it a bug.

I agree to this.

What they should've done is scale it inversely with MR. That way MR 8s get the bonus they need right away, but diminishes as you get farther into the game to MR 18, when they won't need the credits as much. Right now, it's doing nothing but stopping low MR players from getting the credits they need

Edited by LabMan95

The biggest issue to farming for anything in this game is that you get nothing else: farming is extremely polarized (endo from arenas, credits from hieracon (also gives relics) & sechura & seimeni, mut samples from Derelict, xp in akkad, etc). Each of these nodes offers one of these things, but none of anything else. The sec lec was introduced and buffed, and all of a sudden you could do 2 of these things at once. But apparently doing 2 things at one time in this game is vehemently against the rules...

1 hour ago, LabMan95 said:

What they should've done is scale it inversely with MR. That way MR 8s get the bonus they need right away, but diminishes as you get farther into the game to MR 18, when they won't need the credits as much. Right now, it's doing nothing but stopping low MR players from getting the credits they need

They have never thus far added deterrents to ranking up and I don't imagine there will ever be reasons for adding that up in the future.

All of us that have played for large amounts of times had to find ways to deal with the credits shortage, for up to like 3 years. You could say Secura Lecta is very unfair from that point of view. A new player can get in a few hours the amounts you would have worked like a month to get before.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoshinchu said:

And like I said before, why not keeping the Secura Lecta like before UNTIL the problem is fully solved ?

Was it SO bad for players who are always broke to have a nice amount of credits ? Not everyone has the time to grind. It's a game, we shouldn't spend our entire life on it just for, what, 5000-10000 credits per "normal" missions ?

Of course, the game is not meant to be finished in a week. And even with the old Secura Lecta, it wasn't possible.

And seriously, what's the point on doing TWO extractors on Hieracon and then leave ? People who think it's the right way to play the game are just Oberons.

If they've had changed it AFTER the reworking, I would have been okay with the changes (especially because I love to open those containers).

Because right now, it's not FAIR.

I have already answered "why."

13 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Being able to walk out of a mission with enough credits to fully max more than one primed mod is more than enough reasoning to nerf the secura lecta even before the rework. People got credits JUST fine before it hit meta, and they got them just fine before it even existed. The weapon is still just as powerful damage wise as it was before so you are fully within your capability of using it just like you did before, with accelerated credit returns compared to what was possible before the weapon was a thing. It still stacks with other warframe skills and boosters. Its just not at such an absurd level that it is capable of causing an overflow error on the displayed number for total credits earned.

The x11 was nerfed, yes, due to how ridiculously out of wack the weapon ended up being and so DE, being fully within their rights, changed it. It wasn't intended for the weapon to be the end-all meta must use weapon for any form of farming.

7 hours ago, Tsukinoshinchu said:

Pointing and solving is not the same thing.

However, great to see that they're recognizing the problem.

People complain that "it'll take forever to fix" and yet a good number of the problems Steve has pointed out during his streams have actually been fixed quite quickly considering, especially the ones that they annoy him more, so there is a good chance this can follow suit since he keeps pointing it out.

If hes pointing it out repeatedly, its annoying him more. It also has a grander impact on the game compared to a one-off annoyance in say the tutorial. Its more LIKELY to get fixed sooner than most of the other things he has been pointing out.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:00 PM, Fluffieee said:

i have only gotten 349.7k bonus credits

Only? May I ask, what exactly necessitates more credits than that? Do you have a secret transmute addiction? 

I would call myself a veteran and the only time I really am spending credits is once every other week with Baro, and in that time I am generally making more credits than I spend WITHOUT credit farming. 

All I hear is that credits need to be buffed, but I rarely hear why everyone needs so many credits. 

5 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Only? May I ask, what exactly necessitates more credits than that? Do you have a secret transmute addiction? 

I would call myself a veteran and the only time I really am spending credits is once every other week with Baro, and in that time I am generally making more credits than I spend WITHOUT credit farming. 

All I hear is that credits need to be buffed, but I rarely hear why everyone needs so many credits. 

I have spend over 1mill yesterday in like 15min by just buying blueprints and starting the stuff in the foundry. If I would have started upgrading some mod cards too I would have spend 2-3 mill easy. This is why some of us need so many credits ;)

I personally am still sitting on over 3mill and yes, you could argue now that the time will come and I will not have any blueprints left to buy and not many weapons or frames to build so my credit need will go down but until then I will catch every credit I can get.

If you don´t have to spend those credits because you are max mastery rank then okay, kudos to you sir, you basically finished the game. But the majority is still grinding for more mastery rank fodder so we have to use credits for those stuff. And they are expensive.

Decreasing our credit income by nerfing a weapon that just did what it was supposed to do is just making our grinds longer and more frustrating. Running the same mission over and over and over again is not fun! But this is what we have to do now to get a decent amount of credits in a timespan of say like an hour. It´s now Sechura to wave 5, extract, back in ship, load last mission again, get to wave 5, extract, rinse and repeat. No fun in that, the most difficult part is to keep staying awake and not to fall asleep in that hour of playing.

Someone posted an argument that it was too easy for low level players to get high amounts of credits by running with a veteran that has a lecta and then be able to buy primed mods with those credits and therefore have the most powerfull mod cards way to early. I have to say that is just partly true. Yes, they will be able to buy those cards (IF they have the plat). BUT, are they able to level them up to use them with their full potential? Credit wise maybe, but Endo wise hell no! They would still have to farm tons and tons of Endo for that. So in my eyes, that argument is not a real argument.

If DE just wants us to grind even more in a very grind heavy game then so be it, I will adapt and still play but I can see why others want to throw the towel and say screw it.

Edited by (XB1)INZZANE 79
had to add something at the end of a sentence

People choose to do only three syndicates? I level'd Red Vail, Steel Meridian, Loka and Perrin all to max and commonly sell items from all of them. I traded for the Simulor and Telos Boltor when the weapons first came out. I do not feel like there is some massive inbalance in choosing a syndicate. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

I have spend over 1mill yesterday in like 15min by just buying blueprints and starting the stuff in the foundry. If I would have started upgrading some mod cards too I would have spend 2-3 mill easy. This is why some of us need so many credits ;)

I personally am still sitting on over 3mill and yes, you could argue now that the time will come and I will not have any blueprints left to buy and not many weapons or frames to build so my credit need will go down but until then I will catch every credit I can get.

If you don´t have to spend those credits because you are max mastery rank then okay, kudos to you sir, you basically finished the game. But the majority is still grinding for more mastery rank fodder so we have to use credits for those stuff. And they are expensive.

Okay, not to sound too much like an old geezer, but back in my day I got to MR 18 without Dark Sectors, Xini, or a Draco of any sort, as did every other player at that time. The best credit farm at that time was T3 keys that rewarded only 30k credits... If you are claiming the inventory as the thing that sucks your credits, I don't know what to say. 

Maybe if you are ranking things faster than intended, I can see how an issue may arise, but if you are rushing progression there will be a cost. 

Edited by DrBorris

I am using affinity boosters almost all the time so if that is "faster levelling than intended"..... could be my own fault then? If DE wants me to stop using my plat on those (which results in me buying less platinum each month) so I can level up as intended and therefore don´t run into credit problems I´m ok with that, saves me money ;) I´m never rushing my stuff for plat. I wait until they are finished and just start playing and levelling them with the booster active.

Believe me, I know these "old days", I started playing WF a long time ago (had a 10months break last year and started in November again). I played tons and tons of T3s and T4s to farm credits. I did what I will have to do soon again (nerf is not live on consoles yet).........5 waves Sechura all day long to get the credits......... I know the time when there was no Secura Lecta available, and no Chroma.

And yes, most of my credits are going into upgrading mod cards and buying blueprints and crafting the stuff (and Dojo Research, I´m in a 5-man clan and 4 are active so we are still researching and that stuff is kinda expensive). And that is exactly why I still don´t understand why this nerf had to happen. These are the only things that we all use our credits for (and trade taxes of course). There is nothing we can rush (except the Kubrow stasis) with credits. There is no way to trade for credits only. There are almost no weapons you can buy for credits (finished ones, not blueprints). There is not one accessory you can buy with credits, no syandana, no shoulder plates, no helmet, no nothing. You can´t buy Kubrow eggs or Kavat DNA with credits. You can´t buy a sentinel or a Warframe with credits. You can´t even buy slots for credits.

So my question again: Who gets hurt if we are able to farm for 10+ Mill. credits in a relatively short amount of time?

I understand that for the real Veterans it could feel like "whoa, I had to farm my arse off to get to 2mill credits back in the days so why are these kids complaining now". But was it fun for you? Shouldn´t games be fun playing instead of feeling almost like a second job? (over exaggerating here!! of course it does not feel like a job).

4 hours ago, (XB1)INZZANE 79 said:

So my question again: Who gets hurt if we are able to farm for 10+ Mill. credits in a relatively short amount of time?

Apparently, people were complaining about its effectiveness. For them, having "too much credits" broke the game or whatever.

Must hurt DE too, credits boosters were kind of useless.

But I totally agree with you. I'm not a "veteran" some must say but I've farmed those T3-4 and it wasn't fun at all.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:47 PM, Tsukinoshinchu said:

Apparently, people were complaining about its effectiveness. For them, having "too much credits" broke the game or whatever.

Must hurt DE too, credits boosters were kind of useless.

But I totally agree with you. I'm not a "veteran" some must say but I've farmed those T3-4 and it wasn't fun at all.

I've bought credit boosters and others have too just because of secura and doubt we would buy after the nerf

12 hours ago, (PS4)Napolleon said:

I've bought credit boosters and others have too just because of secura and doubt we would buy after the nerf

Exactly. One of the main reasons for me throwing plat at the credit boosters was because of the returns using Secura lecta. Probably bought a booster every weekend for the past few months. Now its been gimped I wont be buying credit boosters anymore as the returns aren't worth the plat. 

1 hour ago, Shnooob said:

Exactly. One of the main reasons for me throwing plat at the credit boosters was because of the returns using Secura lecta. Probably bought a booster every weekend for the past few months. Now its been gimped I wont be buying credit boosters anymore as the returns aren't worth the plat. 

So true!!! It´s the exact same for me. Get the booster, pack your lecta and go for a credit run for 1-2hours. I don´t see myself buying any credit boosters anymore when the nerf hits consoles.