Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta post 19.8.0

(XBOX)ZAYNE 79

On 25/01/2017 at 10:14 AM, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Why did you use blazing fury with caustacyst? Its like adding a crit chance mod into a weapon without crit chance. Its useless, caustacyst has its slash dmg removed completely. I still rock on sortie 3 eximus with it. And if you can perform well on that mission with only 1 weapon, then you know its a good one.

No. Prova vandal is already a weak machete since its release. Static discharge change nothing about it, i know, cos i tried it. Oh btw...Gazal says hi.

People displeased about DE removing coptering, not because DE nerf a WEAPON. And i was asking about MELEE NERF. NOT INGAME WEAPON MECHANIC.

There was a bug with the Prova Vandal and the aug doing lots of eletric chains etc... not sure if it was fixed. It is still a lackluster weapon, I agree with you. 

I like the Gazal, it is fast and the stance sucks but has the knockdown on the hold R2 button which works.

17 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

They failed already at that.

You don't know what gambling is, do you? The Index is not gambling. It would be gambling if we weren't the ones competing in it, but since we do, it's not gambling for us.

You're not gambling at a horse race if you're one of the horses.

I am mastery rank 18, i have less that 300,000 credits at a time.  If we had a way to get arcanes and credits like trials i would be more accepting of the nerf.  I am in a clan of me and my friends currently but i primary play solo I need the secura lecta to gain any semblance of credits per mission.  Also as arcanes are becoming more and more part of peoples build they need to become more readily available, but a link to some of my urks may be found as this is not the place.

Go run some dark sector missions. Unless they changed them heavily in the past few months, I always have tons of money after doing a couple. You can even find some that increase the credit drop amount, coupled with a credit booster and you will be swimming.

Just now, Irkie500 said:

Go run some dark sector missions. Unless they changed them heavily in the past few months, I always have tons of money after doing a couple. You can even find some that increase the credit drop amount, coupled with a credit booster and you will be swimming.

If i have to buy a a credit booster to actually earn credits in your game something is fundamentally wrong.  Boosters are fine when done correctly.  Also i do run dark sectors they pay out 12,000 to 30,000 a pop doesn't make them great credits either.

I didn't say you have to run a credit booster, its just nice to have. Besides I am sure you have a prime part or mod you don't want/need that can be sold for the platinum to buy the booster. I feel like everytime I run a dark sector survival for about 15-20 minutes I walk away with about 50-70k which to me isn't so bad. I myself never played enough to even experience the Lecta farm so I unfortunately do not feel your pain.

There is however a 0% chance that they will undo the nerf so get passed that asap.

what is the new passive, if you couldn/t tell im console so i didn't get the the update that "fixed"something that didn't need fixing. i spent 150 plat to get one because it was essential to me getting credits.  what should of been fixed is DE's idea of credit sinks.  Baro comes every two weeks with a stock the the elites who run the trials already own all of it so their credits are going to build up no matter what.  Rivens drop to sparse so the chance of me putting credits and endo into one that i don't want is zero.  There are no sinks if the most expensive thing in the game are cosmetic and lets face it people don't all buy baro's cosmetics.  People yell power creep but guess what they also filter a lot of credits when a new good prime mod is released.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon Lore said:

what is the new passive

The Credit Boost function for the Secura Lecta has changed. Before, you could get on average 11.6x Credits from kills. This chance has changed and now scales with Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 8, you'll get on average 2x Credits from kills. This increase continues with your Mastery Rank. At Mastery Rank 18 you'll get on average 4x Credits from kills (capped). No other changes were made regarding synergies (i.e Chroma's Effigy, etc) - only the weapon's Credit boosting functionality has been touched.

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon Lore said:

I am mastery rank 18, i have less that 300,000 credits at a time.  If we had a way to get arcanes and credits like trials i would be more accepting of the nerf.  I am in a clan of me and my friends currently but i primary play solo I need the secura lecta to gain any semblance of credits per mission.  Also as arcanes are becoming more and more part of peoples build they need to become more readily available, but a link to some of my urks may be found as this is not the place.

Hi, I am mastery rank 19 and I have over 27,000,000 credits. I do trials very rarely ( none in the last few months) and sorties only if I like the conditions.

I am member of a clan, but most of the time I play solo or with randoms. I don't own the Secura Lecta and haven't even used it yet.

Seems to me you're doing something wrong in terms of credit gain.

5 minutes ago, Gemenai said:

Hi, I am mastery rank 19 and I have over 27,000,000 credits. I do trials very rarely ( none in the last few months) and sorties only if I like the conditions.

I am member of a clan, but most of the time I play solo or with randoms. I don't own the Secura Lecta and haven't even used it yet.

Seems to me you're doing something wrong in terms of credit gain.

maybe, also how many prime mods have you bought?  also i am a cosmetic collector so i do buy baro cosmetics, the previous examples were for the people with billions of credits people who only buy the optimal.  but the sorties do gain you a major amount of credits also how long have you been playing, and how long do you take between mastery tests before doing it or gaining enough ranking to progress?  I started march 2016. ignore how old my account is i started it 2 years ago and dropped it until last year.

Edited by (XB1)Cephalon Lore

It's funny, credits weren't this a massive problem BEFORE the Secura Lecta (though they were a minor problem, I admit) but now that the ridiculous and unbalanced way to get them is going to get balanced some, it suddenly becomes Armageddon. 

It'll still guarantee credit drops with a 2x base rate that scales up to 4x with MR. 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cephalon Lore said:

maybe, also how many prime mods have you bought?  also i am a cosmetic collector so i do buy baro cosmetics, the previous examples were for the people with billions of credits people who only buy the optimal.  but the sorties do gain you a major amount of credits also how long have you been playing?  I started march 2016. ignore how old my account is i started it 2 years ago and dropped it until last year.

Profile says I started in march 2015 and am playing on and off recently, as only new updates, weapons and mechanics give something new and exciting.

I'm buying all cosmetics from Baro (maybe someday there is a frame they look good at in my eyes) and bought 16 of the pedestrals.

I have 23 prime mods (+ duplicates).

Edited by Gemenai

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

It's funny, credits weren't this a massive problem BEFORE the Secura Lecta (though they were a minor problem, I admit) but now that the ridiculous and unbalanced way to get them is going to get balanced some, it suddenly becomes Armageddon. 

It'll still guarantee credit drops with a 2x base rate that scales up to 4x with MR. 

Its was a fix for the pitiful amounts you get for running missions.  I hate survival and defense, but were the only real solution before the secura lecta. Spy missions, Rescue, Hi-Jack are may favorite modes, with the secura lecta it let me run the modes i wanted and still be adequately rewarded.

Just now, (Xbox One)Cephalon Lore said:

Its was a fix for the pitiful amounts you get for running missions.  I hate survival and defense, but were the only real solution before the secura lecta. Spy missions, Rescue, Hi-Jack are may favorite modes, with the secura lecta it let me run the modes i wanted and still be adequately rewarded.

It wasn't a "fix" at all. It was actually the opposite of that. What it did was make a specific weapon 'mandatory' in the eyes of many players, as evident by the amount of salty people saying they 'need' it. And it most definitely wasn't a fix for anyone who wasn't aligned with the proper syndicate or the people who didn't have the plat to shell out for it (I'm talking 150p or more. It is ridiculous).

While I agree that credits are largely pitiful throughout 90% of the star chart, the Secura Lecta was by no means a legitimate, viable solution. In the end, it really just highlighted the problem that credits in general pose to players and it needs a real solution, not a way to bypass the issue entirely.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

It wasn't a "fix" at all. It was actually the opposite of that. What it did was make a specific weapon 'mandatory' in the eyes of many players, as evident by the amount of salty people saying they 'need' it. And it most definitely wasn't a fix for anyone who wasn't aligned with the proper syndicate or the people who didn't have the plat to shell out for it (I'm talking 150p or more. It is ridiculous).

While I agree that credits are largely pitiful throughout 90% of the star chart, the Secura Lecta was by no means a legitimate, viable solution. In the end, it really just highlighted the problem that credits in general pose to players and it needs a real solution, not a way to bypass the issue entirely.

that i can agree with.

Well it's clear for every one person that likes to avoid mundane farming there's another who enjoys getting r@ped for time.  I say good for you.   You've gotten exactly what you wanted.  More unnecessary grind.  

In the past few weeks I've enjoyed bringing MR8 and some maybe even lower players to credit farms.  Even bought credit boosters for people who didn't have them.  (It was a teeny amount of plat for me, but it felt good making someone's day.) The MR based multiplier?  Half baked idea...  and now if anyone even wants to bother with forming an optimized team for less than 1/3 of the credit gain before you're going to have a huge divide facilitating high MR elitism and negativity.  Now friends who form a secura lecta credit farm might have to not invite their lower MR friends?  WHAT?

That is not what I wanted for Warframe.  The whole high MR elitism, stratification, segregation.... sigh..... I was always happy with the game allowing mid MR to high MR players enjoying it together.  Of course I'm not saying that this isn't possible anymore, but the direction of the credit gain multiplier scaling with MR, while supposed to be a progression mechanic, just may end up being a curse in disguise.  Just hope this is limited to only a few items and we won't see a huge trend encouraging the segregation lower vs. higher MR players.

Last thing we want is to have toxicity arising from high MR elitism.

Edited by -HAKUNA-YOUR-TATAS-

secura lecta is dead... lets be honest here....

the one thing that made this weapon usable was the credit boost, without it its just not even worth using anymore....

40 waves of akkad used to yield around 800k, now its 200-300k... u are better off doing something else, raids, excavations etc.

they should've atleast given it a new passive since nobody will use it for credits now anyway.

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

RIP secura lecta, rip....

what was the problem after all nerfing that weapon? if people wanted to farm credits let it be. so?

You didnt nerf the weapon you ruined it

i just made a round in akkad by my nekros and secura alone(mr14)...5 waves 7544....mission credits  hahahahahahahaahhaahhaahah

ru serius? change the passive ability , there is no need to call that weapons passive credit farm!

On 1/25/2017 at 6:28 PM, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

Who gets hurt if we have 100mil credits?

This is what i do not get about DE going about with nerf (in general)... Having much credit doesn't effect players as much as those which directly or indirectly affect game-play to the point where it literally breaks the game, and or other player.

DE' action on this, felt that it acted on the basis that credit = power... Where it doesn't.

What's piss me off even more, is that DE' priority is in wrong order. Nerf'ing of credit gain comes before nerf'ing of OP weapons/ PC/RAM/CPU breaking weapons?

*slow clap*

This explains why I only got 79000 credits after 1h09m of dark sector survival...

Used to be awesome. Used to be a cool weapon... Credit explosion with every strike. 

Now it is just amongst one of many weapons I will never use again.

It is not bad, it is not good, it is just meh.

But that is Ok, I still have Orthos, Skana and Galatine. They be good.

Okay, so I just went to farm some credits on Akkad with my secura lecta. I was suprised to see how useless it is now.  I knew they patched it, but they did it to the point where it is not usable anymore.
Yes, maybe it was a bit overpowered before, but now there is no point of using it since you can get more credits faster if you just restart the mission after 5 waves or you can go on Hieracon and restart after one excavation, and is that what the devs really want from us? To just restart the missions over and over again just to make enough credits to upgrade one mod?

And you only get x4 credits from it if you are MR18. When you already have most of the mods upgraded which makes even less sense.