Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta post 19.8.0

(XBOX)ZAYNE 79

I find it funny how a lot of the people saying that the secura lecta deserved the nerf ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DON'T NEED TO USE IT because they already have every mod maxed and millions in their bank accounts. Prices for everything keep going up. The Secura Lecta was a welcome addition to the game because it allowed grinding to go just that much faster. BECAUSE LET'S FACE IT. The default enemy credit drop is NOT balanced! AT ALL!

EVERYTHING in this game asks for credits, and the lecta was a bit of a help in the right direction. Now it has been nerfed like this, it will be unusable for everyone but MR18s who actually get a bonus they don't even need!!!

A nerf? maybe? BUT REDUCING THE OUTPUT BY SIX TIMES? NO. NO. and NO again. If you think this is fair, think again.

3 hours ago, Allexio said:

I find it funny how a lot of the people saying that the secura lecta deserved the nerf ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DON'T NEED TO USE IT because they already have every mod maxed and millions in their bank accounts. Prices for everything keep going up. The Secura Lecta was a welcome addition to the game because it allowed grinding to go just that much faster. BECAUSE LET'S FACE IT. The default enemy credit drop is NOT balanced! AT ALL!

EVERYTHING in this game asks for credits, and the lecta was a bit of a help in the right direction. Now it has been nerfed like this, it will be unusable for everyone but MR18s who actually get a bonus they don't even need!!!

A nerf? maybe? BUT REDUCING THE OUTPUT BY SIX TIMES? NO. NO. and NO again. If you think this is fair, think again.

are u telling me that u cant get credits without Slecta ???? cuz i have 15kk credits with no using Slecta and have all weapons mods warframes etc etc in game
never used boosts  and also lecta was giving more credits that it should be it it was fix and nerfd yea but theres many ways too get credits in game and when u reach a point u dont need more credits cuz u have too much credits and nothing too use them what will u do ?? leave the game yea thats the thing DE have no end game and nothing for u too keep playing after a while so giving MR barriers credit barriers and login bariers is what keep players playing the game untill the next update and the next update  if DE gives all very fast they will make players stop playing before they have content too realese and u guys are not seeing the bigger picture here not only that Slecta was braking weapon of choice  because ppl only use that  see what happen too weapons like that they are allways nerfed or descontinuated  Boltorp somap tonkor etc etc  yea they know the game is broken and they trying too fix it but if they change too much too fast ppl will jump of the window 
also gone tell u this Slecta open the eyes of many ppl too do difrent builds maiming strikes range build that normaly wasent used because ppl only care about critchance critdmg and never loot at other things and are many ppl that gone keep using Slecta cuz of the range and not the credits thats just one more thing too add and that was the point of the weapon extra credits being just a a plus too the weapon not the main point of the weapon

PS: sorry for the english is realy hard too me

Edited by venon23

On 28.1.2017 at 4:12 AM, Zia_Avenicia said:

The Secura Lecta, as previously stated, was never meant to be a way to farm astronomical amounts of credits in a single mission. If you really want to farm credits, the best ways to do so would be dark sectors, sorties and raids, with raids giving the most credits.

Dark sectors don't give a lot of credits.

Sorties are only once per day and also just a measly 100k for 3 missions that may or may not take ages to finish (Killing Ruk with bows only for example). Raids are hard to come by, especially for newer players who'd need the credits most.

None of these is a great option for credit farming.

DE has been nerfing credit gains all the time, likely for the same reason why things like the resource costs of the Sibear, Vauban Prime and Hema came to be.

The look at Veterans who have been playing for 1000+ hours, see that they have too many credits and therefore nerf the gains. Problem is that newer players don't have too many credits and never had too many credits, but now have even less.

What was really needed was a credit sink.

13 hours ago, djternan said:

DE broke credit acquisition with SOTR in several ways.  Raids used to reward over 300k credits with a booster, now they're around 200k (maybe slightly less).  I think sorties used to reward more but I can't say for sure.  Upgrading mods is more expensive; it used to cost 1.6m to max a legendary mod with R5's and now it costs 1.9m to max one.  I would have to say the biggest change occurred with the void changes though.  Void missions got a lot of playtime because they rewarded prime parts.  They also used to have large credit rewards.  The new method of gaining prime parts gives you around 5k credits if you're lucky.

The Secura Lecta allowed you to gain credits very quickly and helped alleviate some the issues DE introduced with credits.  Since they're unlikely to change any of the other credit nerfs it was especially upsetting to see the Lecta get nerfed.

6 hours ago, Allexio said:

3 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

Dark sectors don't give a lot of credits.

Sorties are only once per day and also just a measly 100k for 3 missions that may or may not take ages to finish (Killing Ruk with bows only for example). Raids are hard to come by, especially for newer players who'd need the credits most.

None of these is a great option for credit farming.

DE has been nerfing credit gains all the time, likely for the same reason why things like the resource costs of the Sibear, Vauban Prime and Hema came to be.

The look at Veterans who have been playing for 1000+ hours, see that they have too many credits and therefore nerf the gains. Problem is that newer players don't have too many credits and never had too many credits, but now have even less.

Almost everything is said.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:31 PM, (PS4)KnowLedge said:

Then the weapon is useless.....

Not at all! It's still a great weapon for combat. The credit gain getting lowered was to be expected honestly. And getting 1m+ credits every hour or so is quite unnecessary tbh. The thing I actually like about the old credit rate, is that it get you get credits while just doing whatever. Tbh, I think it got changed specifically BECAUSE people decided to use it on a specific mission that already gave a sizable amount of credits. Even after the change, it's still enough of a supplement to your normal credit gains to be worth using. I mean getting an extra 10k credits in a regular mission without really trying is pretty nice.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Napolleon said:

So is the main source of income credits supposed by 1 excavator dark sector heira con then leave or 5 round akkad then leave? Don't think so

I agree, there are certain missions that are good for credits. Are they necessary to run? No. Are they efficient? Yeah, and that's the problem.

The main problem that I see honestly in a lot of cases, are people just don't care to experience the game itself. They just want to go about it in the most static way possible. Which is why people burn through content so quick and get frustrated/burned out after. There's a lot of decent credit sources that get ignored. Sorties give a fair amount, not to mention the Trials (would probably help if JV was less buggy, but there's still 2 others). I've honestly found  little reason to use the Secura Lecta anymore, even before the change. Eventually, you won't need nearly as many credits, because they'll really only be used to make resource pads and such. So you'll just end up sitting on a pile of them anyways.

Basically, just play the game and work at goals over time. Leveling, both gear and mods, as well as everything else that takes credits.. It's not meant to be done in like a week. That's just the problem though, a lot of people just want to get high MR asap, and that's not really the way to go about it.

It's not like i won't be using lecta anymore... to be honest instead of running random frames and weaponos that i like i'll just have to run nekros + lecta all the time just to get a little bit more credits than regular since i feel sick going hieracon 1 excavator / akkad 5 waves (but probably gonna do it anyway :C)...

And still i'll be short on money all the time since i play only weekends and you know what (DE)? I'll have to farm credits all the time i can spend on the game so that i can afford some formas and other items. Is that the way to play that game now?

19 hours ago, drakegt said:

DE added a weapon that was broken and they fixed it.

That's it.

In what universe is getting 11x more of something balanced? That was not the intention, therefore DE fixed a bug

Should Credit perhaps be more accessible? Sure.

But that accessibility should not require a certain weapon. That's ridiculous. 

It's reasonable to say that the drop tables may need to be modified, but in that case, the tables should be changed, not the weapon. 

If they added it in the game themselves it is not a BUG. DE was fully aware of the 11x credit gain when they've put in the game but then they don't like it when people use it.

WT...?

Edited by Oktalz229

2 hours ago, Oktalz229 said:

If they added it in the game themselves it is not a BUG. DE was fully aware of the 11x credit gain when they've put in the game but then they don't like it when people use it.

WT...?

Features that do not get stress tested can become bugs later because they do not function as intended. Knowing a value and seeing a result are separate things. They introduced something they thought was a balanced, but then found that it was in fact broken. It happens all of the time in other games (TF2 and Overwatch are examples).

The secura lecta broke credit farming. No item (warframe, weapon, gear, etc) should be necessary for farming.

The lecta was a band-aid solution to a bigger issue surrounding credit farming in general. 

3 hours ago, drakegt said:

Features that do not get stress tested can become bugs later because they do not function as intended. Knowing a value and seeing a result are separate things. They introduced something they thought was a balanced, but then found that it was in fact broken. It happens all of the time in other games (TF2 and Overwatch are examples).

The secura lecta broke credit farming. No item (warframe, weapon, gear, etc) should be necessary for farming.

The lecta was a band-aid solution to a bigger issue surrounding credit farming in general. 

A bug is when something doesn't do what it's supposed to do, a malfunction in essence. The Lecta did exactly what it was supposed to do, increase credit gains. Just because they scaled the amount higher than they wanted, that does not make it a bug.

Upon seeing Secura Lecta being nerfed so hard and tested it myself, it really hurts because i have been using it to help lower MR players farm for credits. The nerf also hurts for higher MR and im at MR15, this game is already really grindy for resources and for endo so please dont make credit farming equally grindy cause for higher MRs who are trading for Primed Mods, it costs at least 1mil credits just to trade an unranked Primed Mod and you will need loads more credits and endo to max it which isnt an easy task.

i have even done a test. 40 waves akkad with effigy chroma and booster, i have only gotten 349.7k bonus credits and im MR15.

Please buff Secura Lecta`s credit passive because even when credit farming is also equally grindy, many players will suffer. Besides, an 11.6x being nerfed to 2x for MR8 and 4x for MR18 is really really painful. It hurts lower MR players as well as higher MR players. 

Edited by Fluffieee

Never have I disagreed with that sentiment more. At least buff it to a more tolerable level. We really need the credits to supplement all the Mod upgrading and mod trading. Even things sold by baro have a certain tax of 100k-300k to it. It is very difficult for us to sustain our propagation towards the game if we have to keep grinding just to upgrade that one primed mod. Sincerely hope this is considered in light of the need for players to enjoy the game better.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Credit farming is being reviewed because it's sorely lacking. One weapon should not be the solution to grind.

But as of right now, only Secura Lecta is the only weapon giving a boost to credits. With a 11.6x boost, i can easily help lower MRs to gain more credits which is needed to build their weapons and frames and Secura Lecta is the only item that doesnt benefits lower MR players as well. Plus this game is already very grindy so why make credit farming equally grindy?

1 minute ago, Fluffieee said:

But as of right now, only Secura Lecta is the only weapon giving a boost to credits. With a 11.6x boost, i can easily help lower MRs to gain more credits which is needed to build their weapons and frames and Secura Lecta is the only item that doesnt benefits lower MR players as well. Plus this game is already very grindy so why make credit farming equally grindy?

His point is that credit gain may soon be changed by the development team so that the entire process can be alleviated, and farming for credits at lower Mastery Rank can be easier. 

Buffing Secura Lecta in light of this would be redundant, and regardless a single weapon should not be the answer to a problem in the fundamental game mechanics. 

Just now, (PS4)theelix said:

His point is that credit gain may soon be changed by the development team so that the entire process can be alleviated, and farming for credits at lower Mastery Rank can be easier. 

Buffing Secura Lecta in light of this would be redundant, and regardless a single weapon should not be the answer to a problem in the fundamental game mechanics. 

I understand what he meant but as of right now, the only thing item besides boosters that helps in credit farm is Secura Lecta and if DE were to nerf it, shouldnt they introduce the nerf along with an alternative to farm credits? But instead, Secura Lecta gets a nerf without any alternate ways to get credits fast without boosters aiding the process

2 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

So fundamentally, the solution to credit farms now is doing 1 excavator on Hieracon/Neptune then extract, 5 rounds of Seimeni/Ceres then extract, or 5 rounds Sechura/Pluto then extract.

Back to the Daily Grind, as the saying goes.

On 1/29/2017 at 9:26 AM, Tsukinoshinchu said:

Yeah great, good news. When will this rework will come ? In several months ? They could at least let the Secura Lecta be, well the weapon we love, until they've finished the reworking.

Being able to walk out of a mission with enough credits to fully max more than one primed mod is more than enough reasoning to nerf the secura lecta even before the rework. People got credits JUST fine before it hit meta, and they got them just fine before it even existed. The weapon is still just as powerful damage wise as it was before so you are fully within your capability of using it just like you did before, with accelerated credit returns compared to what was possible before the weapon was a thing. It still stacks with other warframe skills and boosters. Its just not at such an absurd level that it is capable of causing an overflow error on the displayed number for total credits earned.

13 hours ago, Oktalz229 said:

WT...?

Actually the bugged part with the weapon was it triggering off of chain kills, which WAS a bug that was as far as I am aware fixed. The x11 was nerfed, yes, due to how ridiculously out of wack the weapon ended up being and so DE, being fully within their rights, changed it. It wasn't intended for the weapon to be the end-all meta must use weapon for any form of farming. This is no different than when they killed coptering, which was creating the same exact end-all meta must use syndrome with weapons like Tipedo.

Unintended features happen all the time in games, warframe included. Why people get so bent out of shape when the company fixes the issue that they don't want in their game is beyond me.

15 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Firstly, veterans were the only ones needing mass credits to begin with since it is only the high end items that actually cost anything worth bothering over; Riven maxing, prime mod trading, build minmaxing, burning through MR. Those are what people needed credits for, and they aren't things readily available for new players, who would do better learning mechanics rather than minmaxing for efficiency just so they end up burning the gameplay out faster. Trying to end the game faster is like lighting candles with military-grade flamethrowers; pointless.

Secondly, DE gave us credit sinks several times now, and people complained about them being too harsh. Hell they JUST reverted one of your credit sinks not even 2 weeks ago because Ayatans were "unfair" taxing people twice. The real, actual problem is a simple fact of "You cant please everyone" and people needing to realize that there will always, ALWAYS be two sides to the situation and at least ONE of them isn't going to like the change. It appears you are on one of those sides of an issue.

Third and lastly, DE is already aware of the credit gain problem, as DE Steve has mentioned twice now in his new streams, and they are going to be reducing total container numbers drastically in missions while subsequently increasing the reward from them to make opening containers actually be a GOAL to work for while playing, compared to ignoring them due to their over-saturated spread through the game. People complain that "it'll take forever to fix" and yet a good number of the problems Steve has pointed out during his streams have actually been fixed quite quickly considering, especially the ones that they annoy him more, so there is a good chance this can follow suit since he keeps pointing it out.

I don´t think so because high mr lvl Players are in the game for a long time and have a fair amount of credits so why scale credit drop with mr dosn´t makes sence to me because newer players have less credits and should get at least this way to earn more. Off corse the old dorp rate was just broken but just make the multiplier 4x in General and everything is fine

Ya it was. Playing 40~ Minutes and getting almost 1m Credits or even more with more than 1 person using it is just OP. Credits are there for people to play and gather them to upgrade their Arsenal, not to run 1-2 Missions and be set for life.

30 minutes ago, Genesis7000 said:

don´t think so because high mr lvl Players are in the game for a long time

Quite frankly this is a poor argument. I played the game 2 months and was MR 15.  That was from building weapons/frames maxing them and selling them.  On 5 weapon slots and 4 frame slots.  It took me 6 months or so before I started being comfortable enough to buy more slots and start rebuilding weapons and actually keeping them.

MR, to be extremely blunt, is kind of a joke.  It has almost no meaning whatsoever and is probably the easiest thing in the game to attain.  That was long long before secura lecta.  I ran earth DS defense to wave 5 over and over to gain credits.  Then I joined a clan that ran raids once or twice a week and had plenty of credits to buy the blue prints I needed.

There is very little excuse for not having credits after a couple months of playing, even casually.  Secura Lecta is a privilege, not a right.  New players may 'need' credits more than older players but that is literally every game ever.

Besides, taxi's exist.  MR 1's on Akkad soaking in the affinity/credits every day.  Don't use the new player excuse please.  You can't even use the S.Lecta until MR 12, and by then you should be 'vet' enough to know how to get credits without it.  Its a bonus, a boost, a boon, something to play with, not something that essential to the vitality of the game or for new players.

If new players are having trouble getting credits, that is a core problem that DE needs to resolve in the first steps of the game, not later with syndicate boosted weaponry passives.

39 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Ya it was. Playing 40~ Minutes and getting almost 1m Credits or even more with more than 1 person using it is just OP. Credits are there for people to play and gather them to upgrade their Arsenal, not to run 1-2 Missions and be set for life.

Same as running 1 excavator Hieracon over and over. 1 milion credits in less than an hour. To be honest, I'd rather have secura lecta and use it in whatever random missions I do when I go low on credits (without having to run a mission specifically to farm credits) instead of running a hieracon over and over and over again like a robot. Then again, that's what they want us to do, 'cause if we don't farm our asses off for anything we want, there would soon be nothing to do in warframe..

4 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

Same as running 1 excavator Hieracon over and over. 1 milion credits in less than an hour. To be honest, I'd rather have secura lecta and use it in whatever random missions I do when I go low on credits (without having to run a mission specifically to farm credits) instead of running a hieracon over and over and over again like a robot. Then again, that's what they want us to do, 'cause if we don't farm our asses off for anything we want, there would soon be nothing to do in warframe..

Yeah but the difference i think is that people only run Hieracon if they really need the Credits for a Mod right now and then dont bother with it until they need to max one out again, but the Secura Lecta just futureproofed the next Year or 2 in terms of Credits just by running some Missions. Full Squad with Secura Lectas + Nekros + Kavats equals what.. 5-10m in a 1hour Mission or so?

6 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Yeah but the difference i think is that people only run Hieracon if they really need the Credits for a Mod right now and then dont bother with it until they need to max one out again, but the Secura Lecta just futureproofed the next Year or 2 in terms of Credits just by running some Missions. Full Squad with Secura Lectas + Nekros + Kavats equals what.. 5-10m in a 1hour Mission or so?

I agree it was too OP. Personally, I have not taken advantage of secura lecta a single time before the nerf. Maybe I'm stupid because I didn't, but I did not need extra credits for a long time so I didn't see the need to go into missions with people whose intention together with squad setup was to farm as many credits as possible. That means, even though it had to be nerfed, you still needed to have a proper setup and 4 people with the weapon to get the maximum efficiency.

I personally hope that getting the proper setup with 4 lectas, now after the nerf, will still be the most efficient way to farm credits, even if not as overpowered as it was before. Because running hieracon over and over is so damn tedious. I know the game is about grinding and whatnot, but having that be the best way to farm credits (as it used to be) is just an overkill for even the most active players. I've done it once long ago (hundreds of hieracon runs within one 3-day credit booster to be precise), when I was broke on credits, and now I don't want to see that mission ever again. It was the most mind-numbing farm I've ever done in 15 years of playing multiplayers and while I know I did not have to farm so much, of course, I was so limited in many things because I never had enough credits that it had to be done, because it was the fastest way to get credits.